Analysis Fremantle's assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greg Harding would be the perfect fit not only with the way he has developed colts into footballers but he is also big into football skills .He also has Smart spotting talent .

I'm a big fan as well and the fact he's an ex Docker is a bonus. My only query is that Lloyd's role was quite a senior one, he headed up the academy and was a line coach as well I think. Do you think Harding would be ready to take on such a big role at AFL level?

Hasn't Schofield worked his way up from the colts coach to the senior coach? Obviously has a good rapport with the players. Coaches have to get their foot in the door somehow, doesn't have to come in as a senior assistant coach.

Should be able to get Clay Davis and Banker relatively cheaply. Then we'd be unbeatable.... just ask them.

BS. I've already said I will do it for $21.00 + double time on Sundays. I will even take on the role as boot studder. No player will slip over on my watch.

Think kirk has done a good job, not much more he could give. Be nice to get someone completely different to add another dimension.
Kirky using the third eye to watch the fourth dimension not enough for you?

Now I bet he has a crystal ball. I wonder how good it is for healing auras.

Need a good, attacking minded assistant coach to compliment Lyons tactical game plan. Never happen, but, having someone like Harvey as the assistant, willing to take risks and attack with flair (although maybe overly so at times) would be a great get.

Dunno...I like Kirk but he's played and coached under similar systems.

I'd be looking for something different personally

Yep. We need a coach that puts a big emphasize on skills. Whoever we get will still have to buy into Ross's gameplan but it would be good having someone on Match Comittee pushing for the skilled players over the role players.

Lyon made mention of the coaching panel, I've no doubt they are looking to get someone in to help ball movement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just heard on SEN that Anthony Rock has signed as an assistant at Freo, Kirk replacement?? Also said that Stewy Dew has left Sydney, i have heard good things about him, wouldnt be a bad person to get.

Stewy Dew seems to have a very good rep and would be a great get, have no idea on Anthony Rock, remember the player but dont know what he has been up to in the coaching stakes.

Stewy Dew seems to have a very good rep and would be a great get, have no idea on Anthony Rock, remember the player but dont know what he has been up to in the coaching stakes.
Last I heard on Rock was he was a highly regarded coach, but that was a while back. Dew if he has left Sydney must be going somewhere...

Dew was involved in premierships as a player with both Port and Hawks but has he coached anywhere other than Sydney?

I'm the same re Rock, remember him as a player but not sure of his coaching experience.

Still unconfirmed, right? Smacks a bit of jobs for the boys but hey, who knows?!

http://www.coachafl.com/index.php?pr=Feature__Accelerate_Program

As an AFL Footballer, Anthony Rock had achieved success at the highest levels. He was drafted to the North Melbourne Football Club as a 17 year old and was a key midfield member of Dennis Pagan's mighty Kangaroos team in the 1990's, playing alongside the likes of Wayne Carey, Glenn Archer and co.

After winning AFL Premierships in 1996 and a pre-season Ansett Cup in 1994 and 1998 with the Kangaroos, Rock moved to Hawthorn where he played out 3 more seasons before hanging up the boots and moving into coaching.

His hard-working reputation and high level football knowledge saw him first take up a coaching role in the TAC Cup. He eventually moved back to the AFL as an assistant coach with the Melbourne Demons. Coaching maestro Ross Lyon later recruited Rock to an assistant coaching role at St Kilda in 2008, before Rock chose to return to his Arden Street roots and take up an assistant role with former team-mate Dean Laidley at the Kangaroos.

During his time as both a player and coach, Rock has been fortunate to have worked with some amazing football minds including Dennis Pagan, Ross Lyon, Dean Laidley, Neal Daniher and more.

But after more than two decades in the AFL, Rock was hungry for a new challenge. So he took his high level of knowledge and experience, along with a passion to work with young talent and created the "SKINS AFL Career Transition Program".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back