Analysis Fremantle's assistant coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF he was totally out coached in the finals . Why would Freo keep him when there are better coaches out there .
A winning coach will not agree with some of Lyon method, but a so so coach got no said.

We really need some fresh coaching blood with aggressive and 4th dimensional thinking, people that will challenge Lyon's current strategies. Don't know much about Rock, is he this?

Not sure I am totally blown away with this appointment.He hasn't coached in AFL system for some time
RTB getting an assistant from the good old days at St Kilda . Rock has coached teams to GF wins and he would have a good knowledge of up and coming Vic juniors flying under the radar so I like the appointment.

Not really, this is to replace Kirk I would say. The much higher role that Lloyd held is the one that will have more impact to change.

Sometimes it's better to have everyone on the same page. Lyon is either smart enough to improve the ball movement or not. Rock replacing Kirk is sideways. It's how we replace Lloyd which is interesting. That's the key. Someone from the Roo's or Lyon school might not be challenging enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Harvey for Lloyd?
tobey-maguire-smirk.jpg

Not sure I am totally blown away with this appointment.He hasn't coached in AFL system for some time
Don Pyke hadn't been involved with an AFL club for about 6 or 7 years before he came to the Eagles for the 2014 season and now seems to be the hot tip to coach the Crows. Fremantle aren't stupid these days so whilst it might look like a left field appointment I very much doubt it's been made without proper consideration.

Also the last undersized ex-North player to go into coaching has done alright at the caper

And hands off J-Lo

Don Pyke hadn't been involved with an AFL club for about 6 or 7 years before he came to the Eagles for the 2014 season and now seems to be the hot tip to coach the Crows.
And hands off J-Lo

Pyke's a sharp-arse whatever he gets up to.Has been in business/maybe in USA;no longer needs loot but likes to grab a challenge and defeat it.
J-Lo wants our hands bad.

I like the Rock appointment, he was a tough little bloke, he's coached teams to Premierships in the last 3 years. Plus he has coached St. Bernards, expect our midfield to be digging the ball out of packs whilst wearing cute little whiskey barrels round their necks.

We need to get the Hawks forward coach, the Hawk players just don't miss.

Having a look at the Hawks staff and they seem to have huge resources.

Alastair Clarkson - Senior Coach
Brendon Bolton - Assistant Coach
Cameron Bruce - Assistant Coach
Brett Ratten - Assistant Coach
Adem Yze - Assistant Coach
Damian Monkhorst - Ruck Coach
David Rath - Head of Coaching Services
Damian Caroll - Head of Development Academy
John Wardrop - Opposition Analyst
Robert McCartney - Development Coach
Andrew Russell - Head Fitness Coach
Phil Merriman - Rehab and Conditioning Coach
Luke Boyd - Strength and Conditioning Coach
Nikki Smart - Data Analyst
Ric Sprake - Team Manager
Jason Burt - Football Administration and Player Welfare Services Manager
Cam Matthews - Player Development Manager

Andrew Lambart - Physiotherapist
Anthony Fernon - Physiotherapist
Adam Castricum - Doctor
Michael Makdissi - Doctor
Simone Austin - Dietician
Nicki Quigley - Podiatrist

Mother tongue - Hakka,
Talk a lot using Cantonese, even though suppose to learn more on mandarin
National language - bahasa Malaysia
Come here learn more auslish loh. Fully sick mate , bloody hell.
Ah, so you are a full Aussie meima! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back