Freo or West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

hi everyone, ive taken the punt and booked my airfare for perth for sep 11 to 13. One question which day do you think the AFL might
play a WC vs HAW final. I dont think theyll play 2 finals on Saturday and we wont be forced to play Friday night im thinking.
Just want to know if theres a chance theyll play us Sunday Afternoon coz my flight back is 6pm Sunday. Id love to play Saturday night but
now im thinking might have to extend the stay til Monday morning. CANT MISS THIS ONE! GOT A GOOD FEELING
Any feedback much appreciated

We'll be Friday night

hi everyone, ive taken the punt and booked my airfare for perth for sep 11 to 13. One question which day do you think the AFL might
play a WC vs HAW final. I dont think theyll play 2 finals on Saturday and we wont be forced to play Friday night im thinking.
Just want to know if theres a chance theyll play us Sunday Afternoon coz my flight back is 6pm Sunday. Id love to play Saturday night but
now im thinking might have to extend the stay til Monday morning. CANT MISS THIS ONE! GOT A GOOD FEELING
If sticking to the friday night/sat/sat night/sun routine, I'd assume the two qualifying matches will be Friday night and Saturday day, with the elimination finals Saturday night and Sunday day, that way giving the losers of the qualifying finals ~24hours more time between their next match than their elimination final winning opponent for the following week.

If sticking to the friday night/sat/sat night/sun routine, I'd assume the two qualifying matches will be Friday night and Saturday day, with the elimination finals Saturday night and Sunday day, that way giving the losers of the qualifying finals ~24hours more time between their next match than their elimination final winning opponent for the following week.
thanks

Gutsy call and I like your style!

Perspective is a wonderful thing. We would still be 3rd given the dogs capitulation.

I would still prefer west coast over Fremantle. Not because we beat them last time around, but because they haven't played on the big stage for some time.

Finals football is a different tempo. We will forever rue the start to our season if we don't salute this season.

Pleasing that we never lost by any significant margins all year, unlike our premiership year to Richmond.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Probably better to have West Coast first up. They'll be getting a few back that week that might be a bit underdone. We also tend to do much better in our QF than any potential PF.

Don't want another PF with a margin under a goal with minutes to go against a side that can score easily and isn't afraid to play on and use the corridor. Much prefer that to be against Freo at the G (assuming we win the QF).

Perspective is a wonderful thing. We would still be 3rd given the dogs capitulation.

I would still prefer west coast over Fremantle. Not because we beat them last time around, but because they haven't played on the big stage for some time.

Finals football is a different tempo. We will forever rue the start to our season if we don't salute this season.

Pleasing that we never lost by any significant margins all year, unlike our premiership year to Richmond.

KOLOKOTRONIS

You are bang on with this point - couldn't agree more, bring on the party boys!

These stats really have to make you impressed with West Coast....

MOST EXPERIENCE LOST DUE TO CURRENT INJURIES AND SUSPENSIONS

SYDNEY SWANS — 851 games

WEST COAST — 826

FREMANTLE — 799

GEELONG CATS — 689

WESTERN BULLDOGS — 486

RICHMOND — 271

ADELAIDE CROWS — 164

HAWTHORN — 88

NORTH MELBOURNE — 0

WEIGHTED EXPERIENCE LOST DUE TO INJURIES AND SUSPENSIONS (BASED ON EXPECTED LENGTH OF ABSENCE)

WEST COAST — 391.25 games

FREMANTLE — 308

SYDNEY SWANS — 271.75

GEELONG CATS — 225.5

WESTERN BULLDOGS — 220.25

RICHMOND — 144.75

ADELAIDE CROWS — 115.25

HAWTHORN — 23.5

NORTH MELBOURNE — 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SYDNEY SWANS — 851 games

WEST COAST — 826

FREMANTLE — 799

GEELONG CATS — 689

WESTERN BULLDOGS — 486

RICHMOND — 271

ADELAIDE CROWS — 164

HAWTHORN — 88

NORTH MELBOURNE — 0

WEIGHTED EXPERIENCE LOST DUE TO INJURIES AND SUSPENSIONS (BASED ON EXPECTED LENGTH OF ABSENCE)

FREMANTLE — 308

SYDNEY SWANS — 271.75

GEELONG CATS — 225.5

RICHMOND — 144.75

ADELAIDE CROWS — 115.25

HAWTHORN — 23.5

NORTH MELBOURNE — 0
Very good by them. Disappointing that we haven't performed better with such favourable numbers and luck.

SYDNEY SWANS — 851 games

WEST COAST — 826

FREMANTLE — 799

GEELONG CATS — 689

WESTERN BULLDOGS — 486

RICHMOND — 271

ADELAIDE CROWS — 164

HAWTHORN — 88

NORTH MELBOURNE — 0

FREMANTLE — 308

SYDNEY SWANS — 271.75

GEELONG CATS — 225.5

RICHMOND — 144.75

ADELAIDE CROWS — 115.25

HAWTHORN — 23.5

NORTH MELBOURNE — 0

Maybe the replacements are better then the missing.

Ive made my Call I just went to Perth Rd 19 and Im going to give the QF a miss but if we lose then have to go back to Perth for a cut throat Prelim Im making the Journey.

No tanking.

Anyone. Anywhere.

If we can't beat Weagles, we don't deserve the premiership.

If we are forced to play the Weagles in the GF, much better to do it after forcing them to play an extra game.

Best case scenario for us is probably:

Freo
WC
Haw
Syd/Rich

4th def Freo (WA)
Haw def WC (WA)

Freo def whoever (MCG/SCG/AO)
WC def whoever (MCG/SCG/AO)

Which leaves us with prelim/GF of the travel-weary:
Haw V Freo (MCG)
Haw V WC (MCG)

Tanking to get freo assumes Ross wouldn't tank to avoid us, or that freo are a lock to finish above the weagles
Or that doing dumb sh%t in the last round is a good way to prepare for finals
Also why let WC think we don't want to play them?

Ive made my Call I just went to Perth Rd 19 and Im going to give the QF a miss but if we lose then have to go back to Perth for a cut throat Prelim Im making the Journey.

Bad call Caro

We haven't played too many interstate finals

Due to the airline strike in 2001 I caught the bus with the cheersquad - only time I've ever got sick of hearing the Hawthorn theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back