Toast Freo supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you serious? I think you do get to choose. Intent is what it's all about. I don't think it should be in any way presumed that a boo has to do with skin colour. Booing has been part of sport since ...well...the beginning. So for a player to turn round and say... "I expect I was being booed because Im blue/green/yellow/black or purple" can't be taken seriously can it? They wouldn't know. I'm not saying that it wasn't the case with Goodes but I'm not saying it was either...I don't know.

I respect this point of view, race relations in this country are pretty interesting right now. All this dialog has to be good.

We do have the best supporters. I love the Freo chant going up when we are down. we really try to help our team.

Supreme Leader of the fun police is it?
What, a lot of very happy people just having a bit of silly fun during the long suffering club's greatest victory? Of course a hipster like SA would be dead against that!

I respect this point of view, race relations in this country are pretty interesting right now. All this dialog has to be good.

We do have the best supporters. I love the Freo chant going up when we are down. we really try to help our team.

Yeah an interesting time. Nothing worse than people telling you what you meant or intended. Makes my blood boil

As for our supporter base. They are fab.

What, a lot of very happy people just having a bit of silly fun during the long suffering club's greatest victory? Of course a hipster like SA would be dead against that!

Don't often agree with SA but I hate the Mexican Wave....eejits jumping up and down in front of me when I'm trying to watch the game!

Don't often agree with SA but I hate the Mexican Wave....eejits jumping up and down in front of me when I'm trying to watch the game!
I hear you but it's not like it happens very often and it was a special occasion where a lot of people were understandably in a good mood (still annoys me I didn't make it to the game :() SA goes on about like it was some sort of crime against humanity :)

Mexican waves are just like... it's not footy. It's what lame primary school teachers try and rev up on sports days and even then it sucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow lame.. the cats' growl and crows' squawk suck. I thought we would be above doing that sort of crap.

I agree - it's lame. I cringed every time they played the "FREO" grab after a goal during the derby. It sounds bad at the best of times but when you're getting pasted it's even worse.

As per Tants' comment - I saw on Facebook that it's AFL mandated. What. A. Joke.

Should come out when the win is sealed, or when they've just kicked three on the trot and need 10 more points.

Apparently the official supporter group aren't too happy about it. One of them called up SportFM today and had a gripe about it. She said that it was affecting their own chants, and when they called the club about it they were told that it was an AFL directive.

I wouldn't mind a bell tolling when we get a goal. These piped in chants are rubbish.

I hear you but it's not like it happens very often and it was a special occasion where a lot of people were understandably in a good mood (still annoys me I didn't make it to the game :() SA goes on about like it was some sort of crime against humanity :)

The cheer squad were trying to get one going on Sunday. You would have thought after 10 failed attempts to get it going that they would give up. I can't stand it myself.

Apparently the official supporter group aren't too happy about it.

We have an official supporter group?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back