Game Day Freo v Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be at the Fire and Ice Bar at 4.00pm today if anyone wants to catch up for a drink pre-hooter?

I'll also be in the Billy Walker room post-hooter if anyone wants to joint me for a 300ml Peroni on tap, served in a chilled Peroni glass for $10.00?

If I'm there I'll be wearing a green and white Guinness shirt....didn't know I would get to the game when I came down!

For someone living in Melbourne, I don't mind Thursday night footy.

Would be a different story if it was starting 6:10pm local time here.

Freo by 38 points.

Psst - I need it to be by over 40 - change your points margin!

Yeah and please wear white - 6.10pm - how about giving me enough time to consult my bloody waredrobe. I am sure traffic won't be a problem either - bastards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Thursday night footy is better than Sunday night footy. I hope we destroy Carlton tonight because I've been getting stick for the past 2 weeks from all the Carlton flog supporters at work.
According to this article: http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-moves-to-win-back-fans-20140730-3cumg.html
Next season's fixture will include the return to just one bye, probably staged over three consecutive weeks each boasting six games, and more consistent time slots that will take Sunday twilight games away from the MCG and stage them more often in Perth, Adelaide and at Etihad Stadium.

Seems Sunday night games have been a disaster for MCG games, so they'll move them to Perth and Adelaide instead next season.

Yeah 7:45 I could do, which is when the Victorian games started but not 6:10pm, was going to go but just ended up too much hassle so watching it from the lounge room. Hopefully they get 5k and ditch the idea completely.

Yeah the Sunday night MCG games have been miserable. I went to the Pies/Blues game and it was sad to see the MCG so empty for 2 Vic rivals. And having the game played sooooo late meant we didn't get home till past midnight which is not the kinda time you want to get home with work/school the next day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back