Game Day Freo v Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Wondering what's better - flying Tiger or getting blown out of the sky (sarcastica people).

RIP to those beautiful children.

I've flown Tiger over 20 times and have never had a problem. If you don't like Tiger, don't fly Tiger. Plenty of other more expensive airlines for you to choose from.

Yeah 7:45 I could do, which is when the Victorian games started but not 6:10pm, was going to go but just ended up too much hassle so watching it from the lounge room. Hopefully they get 5k and ditch the idea completely.

The game will be on about 8:00 in Adelaide, and 8:30 in EST. Any later and we won't get Thursday, Friday night games as we miss the main TV audience in the main market in the AFL - Victoria. Looking forward to watching the game on FTA.

I've flown Tiger over 20 times and have never had a problem. If you don't like Tiger, don't fly Tiger. Plenty of other more expensive airlines for you to choose from.
Tiger is fine as long as you don't need a guarantee that you're actually going to fly. Too many last minute flight cancellations.

The game will be on about 8:00 in Adelaide, and 8:30 in EST. Any later and we won't get Thursday, Friday night games as we miss the main TV audience in the main market in the AFL - Victoria. Looking forward to watching the game on FTA.

Wouldn't it be 7:40 SA and 8:10 east coast? Even our Friday night games are a little later, 6:45 this year. No big deal but can't see me making too many of them if they stay a fixture.

I once had to stand on the Tarmac for 90 minutes because a Tiger employee had "pushed the steps too hard into the plane" and they had to get the plane checked out. Then on the return trip they cancelled my flight.

I can handle little leg room (you get what you pay for) but the way they handle delays and cancellations is ridiculous.

Lovely experiences.

I have only flown tiger a couple of times but you get what you pay for. Plus my family have had plenty of cancellations at the last minute flying Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin.

In this case im happy we are playing Thursday.
The memory of getting belted by St Kilda is still fresh, the quicker the game comes and a fresh memory created the better.

Angry Freo to smash Carlton by 70.

Heard Barlow on the radio this morning and from what I could gather they are confidently furious about what happened against the Saints.

I think this will be the first time this year we see the epic pressure of last year x 10.

Heard Barlow on the radio this morning and from what I could gather they are confidently furious about what happened against the Saints.

I think this will be the first time this year we see the epic pressure of last year x 10.

If they play that manic style they had better not squander scoring shots, burns team out - but I am hoping they bring Sydney Prelim form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flew Tiger and was delayed for about 3 hours and after that I said I'd never fly with them again. So I booked with them for the final against Geelong at the MCG in 2012 and the flight was cancelled after we were delayed for about 4 hours with no communication from the airline at all. Tiger are useless.

If they play that manic style they had better not squander scoring shots, burns team out - but I am hoping they bring Sydney Prelim form

I always wonder this - will the team ever reach those heights from that game again? that was a whole nother level, and I don't think we've seen it at all in 2014 Freo.

I always wonder this - will the team ever reach those heights from that game again? that was a whole nother level, and I don't think we've seen it at all in 2014 Freo.

Oh ye of little faith.

The Saints game was an aberration (I was there and I don't think I've seen a worse Freo loss, Melbourne games included). Back on track from tonight.

Anyone know if I could watch the game in Amsterdam? Have seen no hope so far. Streaming is not really an option on this terrible connection.
Go to my mate's place in Rotown

Thursday night footy sucks nurries. I don't want to watch a Freo game knowing I have to be up at 7:30 tomorrow. Saps all the atmosphere.

There's a reason why the regular Monday night matches and Thursday night matches are loathed by NRL fans on the east coast.

I have made it for tonight but gotta get up for a 6am start tomorrow morning, well done AFL for pissing more fans off.

You must be about 4ft 10.

6'1"

Tiger is fine as long as you don't need a guarantee that you're actually going to fly. Too many last minute flight cancellations.

Like I said, over 20 times and not one cancellation. I understand it does happen (like all airlines) but people like to s**t on them and then they keep flying because it's cheap. Australians are some of the most entitled people on the planet. Always wanting to pay nothing and get everything. The things I have witnessed while waiting for flights (and the aftermath) are disgusting.

Anyway, bring on the game!

Air Asia do it for the same price without all the incompetence of Tiger.

I work in aviation. Tiger cancel a lot but when they do fly they're pretty good at being on time because their planes don't have short turnaround times like the other domestics. And I'm 5'4 and still think their leg room is so tiny.

Thursday nights suuuuuck. I'm in Melbourne so the game starts at 8. And I start work at 7am. Guess I'll be sleeping under the desk tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back