Mega Thread Freo Video thread: Game highlights and news!

Deveraux

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I took it as they meant 'shocking' or a shock that Freo won as Geelong were heavily backed to win that game for the obviously corrupt reasons we all already know about.
'Forgotten' because it was a tiny moment of Pav's brilliance that ultimately took Geelong's hope to win away.
I didn't really get a sinister feel from it.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys, sorry to intrude. I was just wondering if anyone had any proper video footage of Tony Modra's Mark of the Year in Round 1, 2000? The match was at Subi, unfortunately the Cats got up by 22 points which means the chance of a Freo supporter having the game on DVD is unlikely, but I thought I'd ask anyway. The only footage that ever gets shown is that 4-second, commentary-less behind the goals footage where the mark is basically obscured by a goalpost.

Cheers!

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
For the isolationers, thought I bumped this thread to add a fantastic video of the best wins in the past decade (2010-2019). Created a month ago.
Enjoy, such a great decade of dominance. Should’ve gone further with the squad we’ve had, IMO.

chinggis77

Club Legend
May 14, 2008
Germany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just came across this great highlight vid of the 50 best freo marks.

Man, Stephen Koops got robbed of the 2008 Mark of the Year (3:30 in the video). No way Nathan Thompson's was better than that effort

1587048005335.png

SiempreFreo

All Australian
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just came across this great highlight vid of the 50 best freo marks.

Man, Stephen Koops got robbed of the 2008 Mark of the Year (3:30 in the video). No way Nathan Thompson's was better than that effort

View attachment 859157

For the isolationers, thought I bumped this thread to add a fantastic video of the best wins in the past decade (2010-2019). Created a month ago.
Enjoy, such a great decade of dominance. Should’ve gone further with the squad we’ve had, IMO.

Muchas gracias - super vid as is Chinggis77's. I've just re-watched Lyons' first 2012 game as coach, Rd 1 v. reigning premiers Geelong. This ripper game wrenched my heart - Hilly waltzing through congestion, Ballaz sparkling, Fyfey's emergent class on high beam, Pav's authority, Johnno and Sandi being agile! and bloody good. What a golden start.
And why on earth did Freo discard Mayne, Barlow, Mzungu, de Boer?? Gallant players all and the first two so valuable at their best. Aarrgh...

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Muchas gracias - super vid as is Chinggis77's. I've just re-watched Lyons' first 2012 game as coach, Rd 1 v. reigning premiers Geelong. This ripper game wrenched my heart - Hilly waltzing through congestion, Ballaz sparkling, Fyfey's emergent class on high beam, Pav's authority, Johnno and Sandi being agile! and bloody good. What a golden start.
And why on earth did Freo discard Mayne, Barlow, Mzungu, de Boer?? Gallant players all and the first two so valuable at their best. Aarrgh...
2016 was a disaster. Had to force the rebuild. Deboer, Mzungu and Barlow was on the wrong end of a one year contract while Suban and Pearce got two. Dumb dumb. Should’ve kept Barlow, professional and coach the youngsters coming through.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Melbourne v Fremantle Round 6, 2005

Cracker of a game. 143 defeated 129. Farmer with 7, McPharlin showing his marking prowess with 5 goals. Pavlich dominating midfield with 28 disposals. AND was Mundy’s debut, I remember the outrage McManus was dropped for him. How overreacted in hindsight.

chinggis77

Club Legend
May 14, 2008
Germany
AFL Club
Fremantle
There are some great old video's showing some of Freo's early games in full.

Was just watching this match v Sydney below. A few notes:
  • holy hell how the game has changed since 1995 - complete lack of accountability there. so much space and so many players taking multiple bounces
  • we stuffed up some promising careers early on, largely through lack of any proper development. Guys like Burrows, Dhurrkay, Abraham, Leach etc should of been 100-200 game players. Some left to decent careers elsewhere, but they had so much potential.
  • skills have improved (general kicking/handballing etc) - lots of scrubbers here, check out 2:41:45 - absolute hack of a kick from the Sydney kick out
  • some pretty overweight people running around the field - fitness has definitely improved
  • holding the ball rule didn't exist - Kickett went for a run, dodged two players, got tackled by the third, didn't dispose of it correctly - play on.

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I love the old footage and seeing players like Spider Burton running around, the old days were good when it was a regular occurrence to kick 150 points in a game

Back