Preview Freo VS Port - Round 1 (team post #467 page 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys really are becoming a bit delusional aren't you. If you call a 22 point come-from-behind win against our very undermanned side in the final last year a ripping apart, then Adelaide really ripped you apart on the weekend! The last "ripping apart" between our two side was Round 22 in 2013 when we tore you a new one to the tune of 12 goals.

I was initially pleased when Port started to turn things around year before last, but their supporters are fast becoming bigger flogs than Geelong's.

View attachment 117866

Easy tiger. I was just referring to Wingard's game. That semi-final was a classic from both teams. Got a lot of respect for Freo.

In bold, nah.

Regarding Stanley_Park's post, he's talking Winged specifically. Who has ripped Freo apart.
My bad, didn't read the post very well. Apologies #Stanley_Park.

I would have thought no MacPharlin, Johnson, Silvagni or Ballantyne would equate to very undermanned - particularly in defence.

Just seeing a lot of Port supporters getting very obnoxious after one good season, thought he was another...

Who I'm assuming will be fit rd 1 based on reports:

B: Spurr McPharlin Ibbotson
HB: C Pearce Johnson Sutcliffe
C: Hill Mundy Neale
HF: Crozier Taberner Walters
F: Ballantyne Pavlich Mayne
R: Sandilands De boer Fyfe
I: Z Clarke Barlow Muzungu Sub: D Pearce

E: Sheridan (unlucky reckon he will come in if any senior guy is not performing as expected) Blakely Duffy

I: Z Clarke Barlow Muzungu Sub: D Pearce

E: Sheridan (unlucky reckon he will come in if any senior guy is not performing as expected) Blakely Duffy

Stephen Hill called, he wants you to start D Pearce.

Don't reckon he's done enough to start, need to try to get more out of guys like Sheridan, deboer, crozier this year rather than relying on guys like d.pearce

Fair call. Sheridan did a few D Pearce-like shimmys yesterday and delivered.

I: Z Clarke Barlow Mzungu Sub: D Pearce

I think we need Tanner Smith playing to cover the port back line. Having Schultz, Westoff and Either Ryder or Butcher will stretch us too much.

HB: Johnson T Smith Sutcliffe
HF: Crozier Hannath Walters
R: Sandilands Barlow Fyfe
I: Z Clarke Sheridan Mzungu Sub: Blakely

Duffy (As sub) replace Ballas if he misses. C Pearce\D Pearce replace Mzungu if need.
Hannath takes taberner's spot based on a great game, but that could change if Taberner plays well in the WAFL this week.

D Pearce very unlucky, but Blakely has his speed and can kick the ball to advantage. Watching D Pearce miss another snap is very frustrating, while Blakely pass on to pav on the lead was Hill like.

I think we need Tanner Smith playing to cover the port back line. Having Schultz, Westoff and Either Ryder or Butcher will stretch us too much.

HB: Johnson T Smith Sutcliffe
HF: Crozier Hannath Walters
R: Sandilands Barlow Fyfe
I: Z Clarke Sheridan Mzungu Sub: Blakely

Duffy (As sub) replace Ballas if he misses. C Pearce\D Pearce replace Mzungu if need.
Hannath takes taberner's spot based on a great game, but that could change if Taberner plays well in the WAFL this week.

D Pearce very unlucky, but Blakely has his speed and can kick the ball to advantage. Watching D Pearce miss another snap is very frustrating, while Blakely pass on to pav on the lead was Hill like.
Not sure Tanner can play. We don't have a long-term injury asaik. Ibbo will probably play tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been good up forward this year, Mayne.

Schultz needs McPharlin, Westoff needs Johnson that leaves Ibbotson on Butcher or Ryder.

197cm's vs 188cm's is asking for trouble. I guess we could just back our selves to get the ball to ground and then run off him.

Agree Mayne has been good in the forward line, perhaps he could start forward and go back if needed.

Schultz needs McPharlin, Westoff needs Johnson that leaves Ibbotson on Butcher or Ryder.

197cm's vs 188cm's is asking for trouble. I guess we could just back our selves to get the ball to ground and then run off him.

Agree Mayne has been good in the forward line, perhaps he could start forward and go back if needed.

I'd say Ibbo goes to Westhoff, he plays tall and has the endurance to keep up with Westy up and down the wings.

Ryder is the issue...

Mayne's the same height as Ibbo. I understand your apprehension though.

You guys really are becoming a bit delusional aren't you. If you call a 22 point come-from-behind win against our very undermanned side in the final last year a ripping apart, then Adelaide really ripped you apart on the weekend! The last "ripping apart" between our two side was Round 22 in 2013 when we tore you a new one to the tune of 12 goals.

I was initially pleased when Port started to turn things around year before last, but their supporters are fast becoming bigger flogs than Geelong's.

View attachment 117866

He was referring to Wingard ripping you lot apart not us over you lot,which Chad has done to Fremantle possibly 2 of the last 3 times we have played.Also not all our fans are delusional we know what we are up against round 1,a good side at a venue their hard to beat.We are all excited for the challenge.

Wingard has a knack of doing nothing for 3.5 quarters and kicking 3-4 goals in the other part.

I think they changed his role a bit in 2014, he did seem like he did nothing for 3 quarters most weeks and his disposal count dropped from a very good 21.2 avg for a half forward in 2013 down to a not that great 16.2 avg in 2014. He wasn't up the ground as much as he was in 2013 where a lot of his highlights came from his working hard defensively and transitioning offensively.

That was indicative of his I50s dropping from 106 down to 79 as he became more of a forward target, I think to some extent Polec has soaked up a lot of the rotation time he got in the midfield and Port had suffered very few injuries in 2014, their core midfield played 170 out of 175 possible games.

I think they changed his role a bit in 2014, he did seem like he did nothing for 3 quarters most weeks and his disposal count dropped from a very good 21.2 avg for a half forward in 2013 down to a not that great 16.2 avg in 2014. He wasn't up the ground as much as he was in 2013 where a lot of his highlights came from his working hard defensively and transitioning offensively.

That was indicative of his I50s dropping from 106 down to 79 as he became more of a forward target, I think to some extent Polec has soaked up a lot of the rotation time he got in the midfield and Port had suffered very few injuries in 2014, their core midfield played 170 out of 175 possible games.

That is an extremely well researched and formulated statement for a post from a Kangas supporter about a Port player on a Fremantle board.

That is an extremely well researched and formulated statement for a post from a Kangas supporter about a Port player on a Fremantle board.

I'm more than just a pretty face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back