Strategy Freo's Top 4 Chances

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely there is no way Barlow wont play against port?

i.e. if we lose against port and finish 5th are season is over anyway, so they have to risk him injured.

I think full strength team minus Fyfe we can beat PA, anything else....I think we might be in trouble.

Yeah at home against a team lower than us on the ladder..if we can't win that we won't do much sept damage anyway

Our effort against the Saints and the umpires bending us over and basically cheating v Geelong has put us in this undesirable predicament.

But also - seriously, **** the AFL for consigning last year's grand finalist to the LONGEST trip in the game, in the second last round, on the fricken Sunday; while our opposition gets the Friday night game at home. No matter which way you look at it, it disadvantages us enormously going into this game next week.

And Fyfe deserved a suspension, no doubt, for his action - but once again, **** the AFL & the MRP and their utterly appalling decisions both last year and this year which saw him get the 20% loading and miss two games instead of one.

Screw you AFL. I am just so completely sick of this ******* inequitable competition.

Yes I am pissed off and bitter. **** the AFL.

I wish my club was playing a home game leading into finals instead of a trip to Perth.

Think about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our effort against the Saints and the umpires bending us over and basically cheating v Geelong has put us in this undesirable predicament.

But also - seriously, **** the AFL for consigning last year's grand finalist to the LONGEST trip in the game, in the second last round, on the fricken Sunday; while our opposition gets the Friday night game at home. No matter which way you look at it, it disadvantages us enormously going into this game next week.

And Fyfe deserved a suspension, no doubt, for his action - but once again, **** the AFL & the MRP and their utterly appalling decisions both last year and this year which saw him get the 20% loading and miss two games instead of one.

Screw you AFL. I am just so completely sick of this ******* inequitable competition.

Yes I am pissed off and bitter. **** the AFL.
The AFL have set you guys up twice for the cherry picking by Port tbh.

Last time you came off a Sunday twilight Derby which are always competitive and hard going (in round 7) for a 6 day break to a fresh Port with 7 days.

This time it's the longest trip in footy with yet another 6 day break and 2 less days than Port.

I'm sure it's only a coincidence. ;)

The AFL have set you guys up twice for the cherry picking by Port tbh.

Last time you came off a Sunday twilight Derby which are always competitive and hard going (in round 7) for a 6 day break to a fresh Port with 7 days.

This time it's the longest trip in footy with yet another 6 day break and 2 less days than Port.

I'm sure it's only a coincidence. ;)

Thanks. That's very reassuring... :confused:

Thanks. That's very reassuring... :confused:
I think you have the class and resolve to get up next week so I'm not saying Port will win merely that your job has been made difficult in both games care of fixturing.

I think you have the class and resolve to get up next week so I'm not saying Port will win merely that your job has been made difficult in both games care of fixturing.

Yeah I get it - I was just being a little facetious when you said "I'm sure it's only coincidence. ;)"

:drunk:

Yeah I get it - I was just being a little facetious when you said "I'm sure it's only coincidence. ;)"

:drunk:
Haha, well that scenario is so unacceptable in a fixture that I can't help but put on the tin foil hat. The AFL are either incompetent or it was by design.

Every year the AFL trot out the same old lines that doing the fixture is very mathematically complicated and hard to put together yet tbh you or I could do a better job. To have Freo travel back from Brisbane (and playing in taxing conditions) and front up to a team with 2 extra days break under their belt is an absolute farce and inexcusable.

I have nothing against Port either but I think the average neutral footy fan has a hunger for a genuine contest and is getting sick of seeing teams playing against the odds and running out of legs for no other reason than poor fixturing. Look at what happened to Adelaide against Richmond when Adelaide played in Brisbane the week before, had a 6 day break against an 8 day break team.

6 vs 7 and 7 vs 8 is inevitable but 6 vs 8 or 7 vs 9 (especially with a 5 hr trip) simply should not happen.

Last edited:
Haha, well that scenario is so unacceptable in a fixture that I can't help but put on the tin foil hat. The AFL are either incompetent or it was by design.

Every year the AFL trot out the same old lines that doing the fixture is very mathematically complicated and hard to put together yet tbh you or I could do a better job. To have Freo travel back from Brisbane (and playing in taxing conditions) and front up to a team with 2 extra days break under their belt is an absolute farce and inexcusable.

I have nothing against Port either but I think the average neutral footy fan has a hunger for a genuine contest and is getting sick of seeing teams playing against the odds and running out of legs for no other reason than poor fixturing. Look at what happened to Adelaide against Richmond when Adelaide played in Brisbane the week before, had a 6 day break against an 8 day break team.

6 vs 7 and 7 vs 8 is inevitable but 6 vs 8 (especially with a 5 hr trip) simply should not happen.

I agree 100%. A 7 day v 8 day break I can handle, but why not play this game yesterday early, so we could have got back by Sat night, and at least had an extra day. Plus factor in the flight time, and you have to wonder whether it's rigged or they're just plain incompetent. I'd rather believe they're just incompetent, but we've been pretty well screwed over since we entered the comp, so I'm not beyond saying it's rigged...

It's not in their (the AFL's) best interest for us to win a flag, cos we're a big and successful club off the field, will always have the 40,000 members and big merch sales, regardless of our level of success. No need for us to do well, so they don't do us any favours at all.

i.e. if we lose against port and finish 5th are season is over anyway, so they have to risk him injured.

I think full strength team minus Fyfe we can beat PA, anything else....I think we might be in trouble.

No it is not over if we finish fifth. We would play the 8th team in a home elimination final (West Coast), then probably Port (who will lose to Sydney) at Adelaide Oval in a semi final and then Hawthorn at the MCG in a prelim final. Absolutely could get back to a grand final on that path.

Finish fourth and we play Sydney in Sydney and unless we beat the odds and win that game, we have an equally hard path to a grand final. Home semi against the winner of Port and West Coast (probably Port) and then an away prelim against Hawthorn at the MCG.

Only difference would be if we finish 4th and win the qualifying final against Sydney in Sydney.

images

Our density is in our hands!

No it is not over if we finish fifth. We would play the 8th team in a home elimination final (West Coast), then probably Port (who will lose to Sydney) at Adelaide Oval in a semi final and then Hawthorn at the MCG in a prelim final. Absolutely could get back to a grand final on that path.

Finish fourth and we play Sydney in Sydney and unless we beat the odds and win that game, we have an equally hard path to a grand final. Home semi against the winner of Port and West Coast (probably Port) and then an away prelim against Hawthorn at the MCG.

Only difference would be if we finish 4th and win the qualifying final against Sydney in Sydney.

In RTB we believe...if only we could jump into the bodies of a richmond player and get them to have a maleee vs sydney next week and get some of the sydney players rubbed out.

but i guess body swapping machine not out yet :) just leave it to injuries.

Ah mind you Sydney did loose to Hawks so they are beatable.

I'm sure Barlow could play if really needed, but it don't think a Barlow with a dud thumb will be the difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back