Freo's trading and drafting

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think you're watching Hill - he's very good overhead - don't ask him to tackle or apply pressure on the way out, but facing goals he's deadly - much like Yarran.
Seen hill plenty for east and wce

I cant remember the last time i saw hill take an overhead mark or kick more than 3 in a game

Yarran is quicker than hill

I cant remember the last time i saw hill take an overhead mark or kick more than 3 in a game

Yarran is quicker than hill

Guessing you didn't watch any of his matches this year - Kicked 3 or more 7 times this year...

Last edited:
Mate ive seen both play regularly. Yarran has a marking game. Hill doesnt. Yarran plays much taller than his height. Yarran would be 190cm not mid 180s

He is NOTHING like hill

Yarran is listed at 186cm and 79kg. Hill is listed at 185cm and 83kg. Yarran also won't get as many opportunities or won't be allowed by the opposition to play as tall at AFL level as he can in the WAFL, due to most teams having at least two genuine key position sized defenders (191cm+) down back.

I don't think you're watching Hill - he's very good overhead - don't ask him to tackle or apply pressure on the way out, but facing goals he's deadly - much like Yarran.

This.

Lolwut?

Hill gets probably half his goals from marks, and he kicked 3+ on seven different occasions in 2015, and averaged 3 goals a game from Rounds 3-8 this year too.

Yarran is listed at 186cm and 79kg. Hill is listed at 185cm and 83kg. Yarran also won't get as many opportunities or won't be allowed by the opposition to play as tall at AFL level as he can in the WAFL, due to most teams having at least two genuine key position sized defenders (191cm+) down back.

This.
Yarran is taller than that. Stood next to him post this years GF

Seen plenty of hill

Have you actually seen yarran play... if you had you would get where i am coming from

Yarran is taller than that. Stood next to him post this years GF

Seen plenty of hill

Have you actually seen yarran play... if you had you would get where i am coming from

Yeah, and I can see how his skillset is similar to Hill, and how he'll fit in at AFL level.

He won't play the same role and have the same looks at it as he does in the WAFL. You can't play 6'1" guys at Full Forward or out of the goalsquare regularly at AFL level anymore. You can still get away with it at state league level, though, particularly in smaller, less physical leagues like the WAFL.

This.

Lolwut?

Hill gets probably half his goals from marks, and he kicked 3+ on seven different occasions in 2015, and averaged 3 goals a game from Rounds 3-8 this year too.
Seven ROFL you have trouble counting...

Yeah, and I can see how his skillset is similar to Hill, and how he'll fit in at AFL level.

He won't play the same role and have the same looks at it as he does in the WAFL. You can't play 6'1" guys at Full Forward or out of the goalsquare regularly at AFL level anymore. You can still get away with it at state league level, though, particularly in smaller, less physical leagues like the WAFL.
Really when have you seen him play?

Seven ROFL you have trouble counting...

Seven - Rounds 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 21 and the Qualifying Final.

My counting is fine.

Really when have you seen him play?

On ABC iView in 2014, when a Subiaco game has been featured, as well as his pre-draft highlight videos from 2014 and 2015 on YouTube and AFL.com.

Really? :rolleyes:

I said "3+", which most normal people would interpret as "3 or more", which is what he achieved on seven occasions in 2015.
"Normal people"

I said more than 3 you came back with 3+. In other words you completely ignored my post and wrote some random crap after you got caught out

Anyways wait to see him play and you will get it

I said more than 3 you came back with 3+. In other words you completely ignored my post and wrote some random crap after you got caught out

I didn't get "caught out" with anything. I simply stated that he kicked 3+ goals on seven different occassions, as that's how I (and I'm sure other people) interpreted what was being said.

If you actually meant "4 goals or more", you should have said it, o pedantic one :drunk:

I've seen plenty of both, but I'm willing to concede you are the supreme authority and expert :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Normal people"

Wow.

Semantic debate - it's ok mate, you described Yarran as a very similar player to Josh Hill - which is fine, they both play a very similar way and will have the same role.

And this is exactly why Fremantle are where they are.

What minor premiers, losing Prelim and having strengthened an already potent midfield for another shot against against what is the benchmark in a very good Hawks outfit?

Yes I'm slashing my wrists.

What minor premiers, losing Prelim and having strengthened an already potent midfield for another shot against against what is the benchmark in a very good Hawks outfit?

Yes I'm slashing my wrists.

So the midfield wasn't strong enough, that's what you're running with...?

So the midfield wasn't strong enough, that's what you're running with...?

No - this is a thread on our drafting & trading ....adding a 23 year old Harley Bennell to one of the better midfields in the competition is not a bad thing, (especially when we still added 2 good young prospects through the draft).

In Harley it probably gives us another goal a game, releases Fyfe for longer stints forward, helps us take advantage of the new sub ruling and pushes a Suban or De Boer type out.

Yes what a disaster.

No - this is a thread on our drafting & trading ....adding a 23 year old Harley Bennell to one of the better midfields in the competition is not a bad thing, (especially when we still added 2 good young prospects through the draft).

In Harley it probably gives us another goal a game, releases Fyfe for longer stints forward, helps us take advantage of the new sub ruling and pushes a Suban or De Boer type out.

Yes what a disaster.

So the forward line is not the problem then.......

Kidding yourself.

Funnily enough having you on the other side of the debate is making me feel more confident by the minute.

Anyway - I don't want to hold you up - you have anti-Lyon threads to maintain and all.

Let's see how the Eages go with that Big Boy H&A fixture .....hope your midfield can stand up to it.

Hope your boy stays.

Remember when we were being ridiculed for trading the 1st pick in the draft or trading ready made players East.

We must be doing OK if this is your go to criticism.

Funnily enough having you on the other side of the debate is making me feel more confident by the minute.

Anyway - I don't want to hold you up - you have anti-Lyon threads to maintain and all.

Let's see how the Eages go with that Big Boy H&A fixture .....hope your midfield can stand up to it.

Sides played twice in 2015 (Ladder position/No. of wins after 2015 H&A) :
Fremantle (1st / 17)
Bulldogs (6th / 14)
Adelaide (7th / 13.5)
St Kilda (14th / 6.5)
Gold Coast (16th / 4.5)
Average finishing position - 9th
Average no. of wins - 11
West Coast record against these teams in 2015 : 6-3-1 (65%)

Sides scheduled to play twice in 2016 (Ladder position/No. of wins after 2015 H&A) :

Fremantle (1st /17)
Hawthorn (3rd / 16)
Adelaide (7th / 13.5)
Collingwood (12th / 10)
Brisbane (17th / 4)
Average finishing position - 8th
Average no. of wins - 12
West Coast record against these teams in 2015 : 4-3 (57%)
Extrapolated based on 2015 H&A results : 6-4 (60%)

wow wee look at that - massive difference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back