Socceroos Friendlies vs UAE (10/10) & Qatar (14/10)

Remove this Banner Ad

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
So in about 3 weeks time the Socceroos travel to the middle east to face fellow AFC members the UAE and Qatar. Both games are away which annoyingly seems to be a trend with the Socceroos. I'd like to hope we'd comfortably win both matches, but who knows, our defence has issues. I'd imagine they'd go with roughly the same young squads that took on Belgium and KSA.

Herd got 90 minutes for Bolton already in the league cup. Think he'll do well there and Villa will take him back post Asian Cup. No Topor-Stanley please. Good for A League football but will be found out at international level. Pumps it long way too often, isn't composed on the ball and slow. I'd rather we play Millsy at CB.

My dream is to see Williams and Good partnering our defence - going to be an uphill battle for them to get in though with only the Japan game following these 2, doesn't give them much time to put a claim forward (if/when they're fit and ready for selection).

Really need to win both these games and sort out the defence, not much time to finalise things for the tournament proper!

Hopefully we start getting more players into top flight european leagues because there's an awful lot that come from 2nd and 3rd division sides there. Need to promote our players as best we can. On the other hand our two keepers are at fairly good clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So another international break for the Premier League? ****.

We should be winning this, I believe we are one of the best teams in Asia.

Josh Brillante is a fantastic example of Australia's love of playing utterly awful players simply because they play in Europe.

Seriously, if we struggle to beat the UAE we might as well pack it in

Can't wait for these matches, got my Australian shirt today. I can't wait for Williams to come back from injury I think he will be a great partnership alongside Spiranovic, I see Herd as more of a RB or DM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back