Certified Legendary Thread From Injustice to International Cup glory - the Renee Tong story continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Final IC Women’s Rankings:

1. Canada Northern Lights
  2. Ireland
  3. USA Freedom
  4. Canada Midnight Suns
  5. Fiji
  6. Tonga
  7. USA Liberty

Winners1.jpg

Fair effort for canada to have 9 in the team.

Well done renee.
Hope that 10k helped you learn about the sport more.
Have a great time. And learn how we drink shots in Melbourne :thumbsu::D

Women’s Team
B: Alexa Blatnik (USA), Malia Afuha’Amango (Tonga), Catherine Georgiadis (USA Liberty)
HB: Fiona Roarty (Ireland), Salote Matakibau (Fiji), Hilary Perry (Canada)
C: Emma Dickinson (Canada), Amy Legault (C)(Canada), Paula Keatley (Ireland)
R: Hallie Lee (USA), Laura Corrigan (VC)(Ireland), Emma Kelly (Ireland)
HF: Veronica Fernandez (Canada), Kirsten Bodashefsky (Canada), Kendra Heil (Canada)
F: Sara Edwards-Rohner (USA), Aimee Hazely (Ireland), Kim Hemenway (USA)
INT: Renee Tong (Canada), Lara Hilmi (Canada), Gill Behan (Ireland), Danah Arnold (Canada)

Im very reluctant to allow this post to stand, and may remove it upon further consideration. I think we need to let that part of the story go and bask in the merits of renees win, trip to australia, and selection in the world side.

I agree it's time to put that part of it to bed, however, I've just finishing re-reading almost the entire thread and think that that post should stand as the last installment of the role Natasha's played in this story. Earlier in the thread, after Renee was only named as an emergency, Nat146 posted "To Renee and all the big footy forum ... 10k gone to waste ... KARMA really is a bitch and has come to bite you all in the ass!" So getting to this part, where Renee made it out to Oz, played well and made the world team, while Natasha and hers are still chasing contest money, is such a perfect representation of Karmic outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup, I have been in hiding this year :(. I'm back in school for massage therapy which is a one year intensive program, so its a lot of work - I've only made it out to two trainings this year. I didn't want to half ass either school or footy so let's just say I'm on a hiatus at the moment. School won this round!

Yup, I have been in hiding this year :(. I'm back in school for massage therapy which is a one year intensive program, so its a lot of work - I've only made it out to two trainings this year. I didn't want to half ass either school or footy so let's just say I'm on a hiatus at the moment. School won this round!

Zwickered by school.

Sorry for the late bump, but I noticed the Northern Lights' squad for the 49th Parallel Cup is missing our hero tonga - does this mean you're hanging up the boots? Or just unlucky to make it this time?
Thank you for bumping. Took me just under 5 hours but i read every post. Good times.

Sounds like school has you over a barrel

Thanks bigfooty walking round a boring art gallery with my wife in Canberra, reading this thread made it far more interesting. Awesome thread Gurrs!

P.s already had filthy looks for laughing by artsy types
Having a great laugh two years after the event reading all this. This particular post also reminds me of the time my ex took me to an art gallery and asked me the first thing that came to mind when viewing a certain painting...I wasn't whispering when I said "ten-pin bowling"...yeah, those filthy looks are worth it...!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back