Toast Frosty

Remove this Banner Ad

His skills have been good, not elite, not poor just your average AFL player skills, if he were to be considered for Future AA it would be with his other attributes(Ruthless Agression, golden fist, athleticism, tackling ect ect). Love the bloke, cant lie that all of us were shocked to see him round 1 over Keeffe(i liked him from day 1 but some others didnt expect him to play or didnt like his game, he copped alot of sh*t for that Richmond game in wang) but Buckley knew what he was on about selecting him, hes the reason hes Collingwoods coach and why we arent.

His kicking is far below average, and very fumbly. Which is why he went in the rookie draft and not top 10. He has everything else you need

No it isnt, its average, i already stated the facts

Blair is an average kick

Did you see Frost play on the weekend? Had 3-4 shockers.

Your opinion isn't fact.

I would say he is comfortably in our bottom 5 kicks in the team, therefore below average

Blair is an average kick

Did you see Frost play on the weekend? Had 3-4 shockers.

Your opinion isn't fact.
Yes i already knew that, so i didnt need to hear it again.
Huge overreaction, he didnt have 3-4 shockers. Remember 1 in particular when he looked like he tried to kick it off the side of his boot in the centre of the ground and it didnt work to our advantage. Thats it.

Huge overreaction, he didnt have 3-4 shockers. Remember 1 in particular when he looked like he tried to kick it off the side of his boot in the centre of the ground and it didnt work to our advantage. Thats it.

Watch the replay again and look at his disposal

I love the way Frost goes about it but blaze036 is right, he's kicked some absolute shockers the past few weeks. Not even an argument...

If he could kick he would seriously be a top 10-20 draft pick

There is a reason he went in the rookie draft, his game has areas he needs to improve. But that's ok, good thing we have Schaz Oxley Fasolo ect who can go down there and use the ball

This is also the reason why Brown always handballs to team mates instead of kicking. It's not that Brown is a bad kick its that the players around him are better kicks so he passes it off for the better of the team.

You must have had your Collingwood blinkers on. He kicked a few poor ones our of our backline to roos players and one out on the full

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that he makes good decisions when he has the ball (had a couple of bad kicks on the weekend) he knows his limitations and uses them well. He will always take his first short option because that is his strength and he does use it well when he kicks short but long kicking is very average indeed

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

If we get 200 games out of Frost and a career spent negating opposition forwards I will be very content. I can even live with his poor disposal. As long as he knows his limitations and team mates support him by running past for the handball.

I recall that's how Presti played. I used to shudder when he was forced to kick but over time his team mates compensated for that.

Nothing wrong with the Ice Man's disposal per se, he is just burning the ball a bit too much, something I think will be ironed out with experience.

At the moment, he seems to be trying too hard to make sure he kicks it to someone instead of to a contest and ends up trying to pin point low percentage kicks that are not coming off.

Does anyone here believe in the idea that a player might improve their disposal as they gain confidence as well as by practicing it at training? I will use an example. I would think that Alan Toovey has improved his kicking from the first dozen games that he played. Does anyone else believe that or do you think that you can make a judgement on a player after a handful of games into his career?

Last edited:
I would rather have a player that has courage and not so good a kick than one with no courage and a great kick. His attack at the ball is seriously good, he fears no one and already has some healthy scalps. I do agree that his kicking is not elite but many of his kicks are under pressure and as he gains experience he will know when to settle, look up and deliver and when to just get it out of there. Not only that but as the players around him get more experience they will also help him in his decision making. It was the same last year with Sinclair, as he settled his delivery improved. You can always find faults in any player if you over analyse, just enjoy his and our team's continued development.
GO PIES!!!

Frost?

He's the same albino jackrabbit sonofabitch who did Buddy Franklin.

LethalWeaponRA2_9259.jpg

Do anyone here believe in the idea that a player might improve their disposal as they gain confidence as well as by practicing it at training? I use an example. I would think that Alan Toovey has improved his kicking from the first dozen games that he played. Does anyone else believe that or do you think that you can make a judgement on a player after a handful of games into his career?

Well said. He has only played a handful of games at this level. He has huge upside left in him.
Personally I'm friggin stoked he plays for the Pies & is doing so well. I think he will be our best tall defender for years to come.
In fact I think Bucks already thinks he is, & I'm not going to argue. Love ya work Frosty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back