Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Not at all. I've jsut never met a decently successful white collar professional who rocks tatts and a beard. A tradesman might be a different case however.
I think if people need to bejewel their own body which by nature does nothing but attract attention then that person has an over-inflated ego or self esteem issues.

The natural response is "well I do it because I want to" which is a similarly naive response not unlike women saying they dress slutty because they 'want to' whilst ignorantly claiming its a surprise when men stare. People who get tatted up want to say "LOOK AT ME" hence they are douchebags.
People can have tasteful tatts that are largely kept to themselves, covered by a shirt sleeve but the entire full body I'm pretending I'm a member of the "Mega douche" tribe is just sad.

Australia unfortunately has become grand central station for new age hypies and counter culture weirdo's who think they are somehow original despite the fact they now look more like everybody else.....the clean skins are quickly becoming the "retro" ones which is sad and pathetic.
I agree people get them because they want to be made a fuss over.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Against an opponent who is 16 kilos heavier and one of the best premier forwards. Cats also had no one else really to kick to so it was coming to him more regular than it comes to Cloke. 4 goals doesnt really give Frost justice but thats the life for a key defender, happens to the best of them.

He was decent. A little worried that he got beaten on the lead a few times, which I don't think is Hawkins forte, and it is Frosts. But might have more to do with Geelong's delivery.

Bugglz

All Australian
Jun 1, 2011
Hampton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United
Not at all. I've jsut never met a decently successful white collar professional who rocks tatts and a beard. A tradesman might be a different case however.
I think if people need to bejewel their own body which by nature does nothing but attract attention then that person has an over-inflated ego or self esteem issues.

The natural response is "well I do it because I want to" which is a similarly naive response not unlike women saying they dress slutty because they 'want to' whilst ignorantly claiming its a surprise when men stare. People who get tatted up want to say "LOOK AT ME" hence they are douchebags.
People can have tasteful tatts that are largely kept to themselves, covered by a shirt sleeve but the entire full body I'm pretending I'm a member of the "Mega douche" tribe is just sad.

Australia unfortunately has become grand central station for new age hypies and counter culture weirdo's who think they are somehow original despite the fact they now look more like everybody else.....the clean skins are quickly becoming the "retro" ones which is sad and pathetic.

What a ridiculous comment, what does your wardrobe look like? Do you own a nice jacket? a flashy shirt? Do you get your hair cut at a barber? You, just like everybody else here dress and groom yourself in such a way because it is how you want to look, ie. how you want people to see you. People get tattoos and dress slutty for exactly the same reason, they want to express themselves, who cares if its no longer a 'unique look', if thats how they choose to express themselves so be it.

(sorry to get off topic but people who judge others based solely on their appearance really bug me :( )

But back to Frost, I must say he's really surprised me, lets just hope he can keep up that desperate attack on the ball and hopefully gain some composure with more experience :thumbsu:.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
He was decent. A little worried that he got beaten on the lead a few times, which I don't think is Hawkins forte, and it is Frosts. But might have more to do with Geelong's delivery.
Hawkins is pretty good on the lead. It's pretty much impossible to stop a well executed lead with a well executed pass as a defender.

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Frost did well in my opinion, Hawk got a couple of goals from laser passes that couldn't be stopped, got one when Maxy crashed the pack and took Frost out of the contest, leaving Hawk to pick up and snap and got another one when the ball ran his way. Frost held him well for three quarters and he got of a leash a little in the last, not a bad for a fifth gamer on a marquee forward who is hugely bigger than him - and particularly given he did not seem to get too much help from those around him.

May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hes okay defensively, however ball in hand he still fumbles and panics too much - hopefully this is just nerves that will go when he gets more experience.

Also I hope somebody told him when you mark the football with 60 seconds to go and your team is 5 points down YOU GO UP THE MIDDLE NOT THE F'N BOUNDARY - could not believe he did that.

rose jam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Frosts slow play with about 3 mins to go hurt us badly. Still OK though. Should be playing a Jarrod Rivers role at his age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think that those goals Hawkins scored on Frost in the final term were not anything to do with Frost. We gave them so much goddamn ******* time coming into their F50 that they could bullet it to Hawkins on a quick lead making it near impossible for Frost to stop him without intentionally impeding him and giving him a free kick anyways.

I actually thought Frost looked good when he took the game on, has a good scoop n' run to him. Think we would have been serviced better with a Brown/Frost double tonight but thems the breaks.

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Frost should be playing on the third tall forward but, he has played on two of the most highly rated FF's in the game in his fourth and fifth games. Has performed very admirably in my opinion.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
He is doing a really good job on gun forwards for such a young player. I highly doubt any of our defenders would have stopped Hawkins on some of those leads...and he was kicking very accurately from all spots on the ground which doesn't help.

The form of Frost and Keefe is going to be pivotal as to whether Reid can come back and play forward. If our defence has any question marks, then Reid simply has to go to CHB to stop the rot. Based on the last 2 weeks, I'm comfortable enough with the key talls we have provided Nathan Brown can come back in by mid year. Maxwell is playing well.

I think Reid's presence is much needed in defence at the moment, but if Keefe or Frost stand up, then I think Reid can add 4-5 goals a game up forward (2 for him, 2 for Cloke and 1 for White) and the upside would be enormous.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
He really is.
I'm a little torn though, he needs a bit more size but I don't want it to affect his speed.
He really could be anything
His size is fine. He did very well against Hawkins in aerial battles, and he shouldn't even have to go against Hawkins types really. 2 Goals were on the lead, 1 was because Frost was taken out of the contest by Maxwell I think, and I'm not sure on the other one.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
His size is fine. He did very well against Hawkins in aerial battles, and he shouldn't even have to go against Hawkins types really. 2 Goals were on the lead, 1 was because Frost was taken out of the contest by Maxwell I think, and I'm not sure on the other one.
Frost's biggest problem against the Cats was our forward line acting as a trampoline for their attacks and our mids not being defensive enough when not in possession - cats were able to run free and pinpoint passes without enough pressure.

Actually getting beaten on the lead is Frosty's biggest problem. He stands a couple of steps behind his opponent so if there is lots of space & the delivery is perfect like it was for Hawkins in the last quarter then he will get scored against. He can hold his ground well in a one on one & punches the high ball well. So it isn't rocket science that we can't allow Jack Reiwoldt a paddock to run into on the lead. If we do he will kick a bag. We must fill the space in front of him. We failed to do that in the last quarter on Saturday night.

Frost's biggest problem against the Cats was our forward line acting as a trampoline for their attacks and our mids not being defensive enough when not in possession - cats were able to run free and pinpoint passes without enough pressure.

Nah. It was a low scoring contest. We were fine defensively all over the ground. Our issue was that they beat us around the footy.

BeechyMagpie

All Australian
May 13, 2013
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United & GWS :)
Don't think many of us could have foreseen how good he's been this year. Even more impressive by Reid and Browns absence, and by who he's played on.

His form could well be confirmation that Maxwell is in his last year, especially if Reid plays back. We need to keep getting games into the kids who have shown form and reward VFL performances when we can.

Cannot wait to see Freeman, Seedsman, Shazza, Kennedy and Williams all come in either. Along with JT, Sinclair, Grundy, Fasolo, Blair, Beams, Elliott, Sideboob, Sinclair, Keeffe and others I'm sure I've missed, our future is very bright.

Best part is we are exposing out list, not just a 22. We will be in a great spot in 2-3 years I think with lots of players AFL ready.

Back