Media Full Forward Wanted

Remove this Banner Ad

Full Forward Wanted

Are you a credentialed poster with an eye for the goals? Have you ever wanted to win the DemonJim behinds award? Ever dreamed of playing for the club with the most premierships in the SFA?

Well for the first time in SFA History (we think), we are holding open applications for the coveted Full Forward Position at the Fighting Furies. Since semi releasing ourselves from the full Richmond shackle, we have decided to try something different and advertise the position of full forward. With expansion clubs coming and poaching set to be at an all-time high, we have decided to try a different recruiting strategy.

If you are interested in the role please send tigland and/or fumbler a PM with your application. Obviously you would need to be willing to move clubs and make a name for yourself.

Applications close at the end of April 2014.

Position subject to active posters: authorised but the sex party Canberra.

Positive: Guaranteed position
Negative: Furies.

Good initiative. Like clubs doing something different with recruitment.

BUT I don't subscribe to offering guarantees to anybody as a reason to move. The poster should have enough faith in themselves to earn that position at any club, if they are good enough. If the poster falls off the planet after 3 weeks do they still get FF?

If a poster moves, they need to move because they will enjoy it more and hence post better. They will do this when in the right environment. The best posters then work their way into their favoured position.

Moral of the story: This will work, you will get someone. IMO, it won't necessarily be the right person.

But good luck. And good to see the Furies opening up their recruitment.

Positive: Guaranteed position
Negative: Furies.

Good initiative. Like clubs doing something different with recruitment.

BUT I don't subscribe to offering guarantees to anybody as a reason to move. The poster should have enough faith in themselves to earn that position at any club, if they are good enough. If the poster falls off the planet after 3 weeks do they still get FF?

If a poster moves, they need to move because they will enjoy it more and hence post better. They will do this when in the right environment. The best posters then work their way into their favoured position.

Moral of the story: This will work, you will get someone. IMO, it won't necessarily be the right person.

But good luck. And good to see the Furies opening up their recruitment.

Didn't you read the fine print re inactivity? ;)

To be honest, it's a really hard environment at the moment for recruiting. Posters are not sure if they want to move or not and its hard to approach players as there are already 2,3 or 10 new teams who have been recruiting from the start of the season. We figure this is a way of opening ourselves up and offering something that other want. If it works brilliant. If it doesn't we really have not lost anything.

Will this new full forward finally be the Furies saviour?

Wise Guy Sam get some odds happening now!

I can't at the second, I'm too busy arguing with some guy in another thread about non final based news taking away from finals! I say it doesn't, this kind of thread by the Furies is interesting but this guy seems to think otherwise. Weird right?

This is about THE most round about way to try and recruit me. Kudos.

No.
They were looking for someone who kicks a few behinds duh. Along with multiple goals. They were never looking for you.

I can't at the second, I'm too busy arguing with some guy in another thread about non final based news taking away from finals! I say it doesn't, this kind of thread by the Furies is interesting but this guy seems to think otherwise. Weird right?
Settle petal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*Humour detection in progress*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*No humour found. Would you like to try again?*

I think part of releasing yourselves from the confines of the Richmond shackles involves recruiting new blood, not just poaching existing players, and what better way to entice rookies to actually stick around for more than a week than by offering them a glamorous position like full forward?

As its you I can only assume your humour search exclusively looks for something you've said yourself on multiple occasions.

Guys please stop. If we are all going to play together, then we need to learn to get along.

A full forward may be wanted but what is needed is a genuine star/up and comer.

You'd be better suited transferring whomever of your leadership group is taking a plum midfield spot to the FF position and trying to lure a bigger name with a guaranteed central role.

A full forward may be wanted but what is needed is a genuine star/up and comer.

You'd be better suited transferring whomever of your leadership group is taking a plum midfield spot to the FF position and trying to lure a bigger name with a guaranteed central role.
Is the FF position not of equal or higher value?

I figure FF are really just aiming for a fancy AlfAndrews badge, in which, you really only have 10 other competitors for the spot (9 other FF and me [S17]).

With a midfield spot, you're contesting against at least 3 other midfielders from each team and the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back