Media Full Forward Wanted

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the FF position not of equal or higher value?

I figure FF are really just aiming for a fancy AlfAndrews badge, in which, you really only have 10 other competitors for the spot (9 other FF and me [S17]).

With a midfield spot, you're contesting against at least 3 other midfielders from each team and the ruck.

OK... fine.

What the Furies should be saying is, open call, the right candidate can name their position.

OK... fine.

What the Furies should be saying is, open call, the right candidate can name their position.

Just hope that doesnt alienate some of the others at the club when an interloper comes in a demands a prime position that theyve worked for.

He's been captain for all of two seconds.
Why would have been promoted to the position by team if they thought he was going to be detrimental? And he clearly hasn't. The furies, much like the gumbies, with a little leadership shift appear revitalized and posting well.
And although their form on the field isnt great, its a random sim, so thats irrelevant.

Named worst captain in the league and he's not a team player. It's always about him him him. Believe me, I know the real fumbler.

I think fumbler is actually a solid captain and has already made a huge impact on the Furies.

He is possibly a crazy person but he has passion and one on one he is a really down to earth guy. I was disappointed he left more than anyone this season, I was looking forward to working with him in the Royals leadership group.

People might not realise this now but if fumbler stays as captain for a while he will prove you and a lot of others wrong.

You should have seen what I posted before I Edited it :)

In short, I would never play in a team that had fumbler in it.
The ironing is delicious!

Just hope that doesnt alienate some of the others at the club when an interloper comes in a demands a prime position that theyve worked for.

I was the full forward this season. I am happy to offer the role up to the right candidate.

We are trying a new way of recruiting. FF is a unique position and usually highly sort after. As said in the application we are looking for a credentialed poster.

We think it's the right position to test the waters with.

I was the full forward this season. I am happy to offer the role up to the right candidate.

We are trying a new way of recruiting. FF is a unique position and usually highly sort after. As said in the application we are looking for a credentialed poster.

It's an intriguing prospect and idea, the only flaw is I think it casts a very small net.

You have to balance team harmony for one thing, a point fitzroybulldog made. Then you have to weigh up which players in which teams MAY be lured... its a fairly solid team plan that the best and most frequent posters (the type you'd be aiming for) are already rewarded with the best spots within a team so you are only going to get part time posters or someone that would covet the FF position in a team where the existing full forward can't be budged and cares about it so much that they would jump ship.

So which Bomber are you chasing ideally?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an intriguing prospect and idea, the only flaw is I think it casts a very small net.

You have to balance team harmony for one thing, a point fitzroybulldog made. Then you have to weigh up which players in which teams MAY be lured... its a fairly solid team plan that the best and most frequent posters (the type you'd be aiming for) are already rewarded with the best spots within a team so you are only going to get part time posters or someone that would covet the FF position in a team where the existing full forward can't be budged and cares about it so much that they would jump ship.

It might actually open the net. We will be able to see who is willing to move and potentially offer up other positions. Again nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Is the FF position not of equal or higher value?

I figure FF are really just aiming for a fancy AlfAndrews badge, in which, you really only have 10 other competitors for the spot (9 other FF and me [S17]).

With a midfield spot, you're contesting against at least 3 other midfielders from each team and the ruck.

FF is really onlt about getting an Alfie. You'll never get a B+F at that position, unless you average 5goals+ a game, which, wont happen.

Still passing.

I think it's an interesting recruitment attempt.
My point was more about if you were willing to give up the FF spot, or any spot for that matter, did you check in house first, to make sure that there wasn't a first or second year player that could have done with the reward/incentive?
I know the Roys decision to put me on th ball, has made sure I try an keep improving my standards as a poster. As I am sure similar moves that are made at different clubs.

A full forward may be wanted but what is needed is a genuine star/up and comer.

You'd be better suited transferring whomever of your leadership group is taking a plum midfield spot to the FF position and trying to lure a bigger name with a guaranteed central role.
I like your thinking TFW

Hint hint wink wink

You should have seen what I posted before I Edited it :)

In short, I would never play in a team that had fumbler in it.

Thank god for that. fumbler can we lock you up for a lifetime contract now please???

I was going to do a similar thread but we were looking at recruiting a chef, one who knows how to use a brand spanking new wooden spoon.

Thanks for the love everyone, it hasn't gone unnoticed.

The Filth Wizard this is not a publicity stunt at all....................... wait tigland says it is and we will get someone who is ace.

By the way tigland is doing this because i said Wacky was a better Forward than him. :)

Oh and he made me say that the Furies leadership group is strong and as Tight as the wonders.

Thanks for the love everyone, it hasn't gone unnoticed.

The Filth Wizard this is not a publicity stunt at all....................... wait tigland says it is and we will get someone who is ace.

By the way tigland is doing this because i said Wacky was a better Forward than him. :)

Oh and he made me say that the Furies leadership group is strong and as Tight as the wonders.
I have to say after giving it some more thought it seems to be a fool proof plan.

I mean surely a forward who kicks goals not behinds can only help ;)

Thank god for that. fumbler can we lock you up for a lifetime contract now please???

Make sure it's a back ended deal (if you know what that means) incase the club doesn't improve. Nothing worse that paying big bucks up front when all you get in return are wooden spoons and missing out on the finals year in year out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back