Funniest crowd comment you have heard at a Lions game

Remove this Banner Ad

"Have you got thongs on" xxxxxxx (player name) called out by someone in the crowd about a player in the early 80's who handballed every time he got the ball (Log kicking was all the go then).

In Browny's comeback match vs Essendon in 2005, he absolutely tore Essendon apart & kicked 8 goals.

Late in the last quarter Browny went for the ball on the boundary but he was beaten for it by 5 players teaming up on him(the only time they beat him that night) play went up the other end and the crowd was quiet, and an old man yells out "get off the ground Brown you have done nothin all night" Browny turns around with a big grin on his face and gave a thumbs up, Classic.

Is that the one where, in the promos afterwards, it showed Browny with that death stare?

I had a good laugh at this one thrown at Dustin Fletcher: "Hey Dustin! Does Centrelink know you're working while you're getting a pension?"

Love a Dustin Fletcher age quip as a Bombers fan.

Not at a Brisbane Lions game but at a game featuring my local team who are also the Lions. Captain/ Coach of the Lions, who had obviously been in a good paddock, lines up for a shot after the siren to win the game.

Opposition supporter hanging over the fence calls to Captain/ coach ... "you're fatter than, fatter than" and obviously could not think of appropriate comparison till he blurts out .. "fatter than my wife". Trouble for supporter was wifey was right beside him and gave him a back-hander.

Captain/ coach hit post with kick, game drawn, brawl after siren etc.

Is that the one where, in the promos afterwards, it showed Browny with that death stare?

There was an awful stink at one point and Mark McVeigh did something very ordinary in the pack which caused Browny to tell me later that he was "prepared to do weeks" to get revenge for whatever he did. Big statement in context.

Some dweeb Bombers fan at the game at Etihad last year in regards to my Batman hat: "Batman hasn't been popular since the 80's" lmao even his mates cringed at that one.

Some dweeb Bombers fan at the game at Etihad last year in regards to my Batman hat: "Batman hasn't been popular since the 80's" lmao even his mates cringed at that one.

I'd have thought your Batman cape and tights were more worthy of comment but he chose to bag your hat? Typically thick Essendon supporter. :rolleyes:

His Spiderman hat was a bit of a giveaway as to where Essendon fans swing.

One I would love to hear/use this season is directed at particular coaches...
at the start of every match I'd like to hear Leppa shake hands with Buckley, Malthouse, Richardson, Hinkley and Sampson respectfully, and ask "Hows your wife and my KID going?".

I'd have thought your Batman cape and tights were more worthy of comment but he chose to bag your hat? Typically thick Essendon supporter. :rolleyes:

Banned from wearing the cap and cowl at Etihad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam West was the sexiest batman...

I beg to differ

batman-nipples.jpg

In around "09" Wozzie81 and I went to the Brisbane vs Richmond game at the MCG. Wozzie81 amongst our mates is a known Richmond hater due to the fact he witnessed a few of their supporters burning a Fitzroy scarf out front of the MCG after fitzroy's last home game in Melbourne.
Anyway we are sitting behind the goals near a few Richmond fans who have been giving Brisbane and us grief all night when Tambling rans into an opening goal and misses, Wozzie81 yells out "nice kick Franklin", some Richmond supporter yells back "that's Tambling idiot" and Wozzie81 yells back "what you guys pick Tambling over Franklin", even the Richmond supporters couldn't help but laugh.

Comments above just reminded me of one I came up with myself.

Watching Lions play at Princes Park in the old days a cocky gents sits down next to me half way through the 1st quarter and says "how's Hueuskes going".

TBH I had never heard of him, so my reply was "who the F... is Heuskes" which didn't impress. I'm guessing there are quite a few people who wish they had never heard of Heuskes.

TBH I had never heard of him, so my reply was "who the F... is Heuskes" which didn't impress. I'm guessing there are quite a few people who wish they had never heard of Heuskes.

For all of Heuskes failures, his 1999 season with us was massive off the half back flank and one of the key reasons we emerged so prominently out of a disastrous 98.

For whatever reason, when I think of Adam Heuskes, I can't help but think of his impressive 1999 season, not to mention his eccentricities. It was fun whilst it lasted.

One Lions- Geelong game Ling comes out of the middle and ignores Mooney's lead.

My comment was "There is Mooney down there sounding like a Chinese ABBA recital"

This brought me many quizzical looks from my mates, at which point I jumped to me feet, started stepping side to side and pumping my arms while singing (to the tune of ring ring)

"Ling, Ling why don't you give me the ball.
Whoa Ling, Ling did you not see me at all."

One mate just put his head in his hands while the other started sliding seats away from me.

Some people don't appreciate spontaneous comic genius.

One Lions- Geelong game Ling comes out of the middle and ignores Mooney's lead.

My comment was "There is Mooney down there sounding like a Chinese ABBA recital"

This brought me many quizzical looks from my mates, at which point I jumped to me feet, started stepping side to side and pumping my arms while singing (to the tune of ring ring)

"Ling, Ling why don't you give me the ball.
Whoa Ling, Ling did you not see me at all."

One mate just put his head in his hands while the other started sliding seats away from me.

Some people don't appreciate spontaneous comic genius.
Mooney, Mooney, Mooney, must be fooney in a rich man's world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back