Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to target a player in return from Port/Adelaide as well as a pick.. Can't just keep recycling picks and repeating the cycle..

If we lose Aish in a Polec style deal surely the AFL sees the situation as it is and gives us at least a end Of first round priority pick?
An end of first round priority pick for losing Aish on top of an end of first round discretionary priority pick for being such a rabble this year would be nice. (In addition to the number 1 pick for finishing list and a compo pick if we loose Luey).

An end of first round priority pick for losing Aish on top of an end of first round discretionary priority pick for being such a rabble this year would be nice. (In addition to the number 1 pick for finishing list and a compo pick if we loose Luey).

Why do I keep thinking of the music to Old MacDonalds Farm

with a pick, pick here
and a pick, pick there
here a pick
there a pick
Everywhere a pick, pick............

and who will end up managing all these picks??

Who else.....?

"Pickers" of course:eek::drunk:

Will Aish be available for next couple of weeks? I understand he has to personally congratulate Prince William and Kate on their new baby on behalf of the Kingdom of SANFL

I am so confused, how is this considered a joke? Aish has never been associated with royalty...

Bring back the mid-year draft for the expansion clubs, so we can trade Aish at Round 11 when he still has maybe 60% of his worth, rather than at year's end when he is at 30%.

Yep. Pickering will be waiting for the trade period. If Dangerfield goes, then Adelaide will be in a better position to offer Aish a larger contract. There will no doubt be offers from other clubs as well. It will then be up to Brisbane to match or better those offers. I'm not suggesting Aish will necessarily be staying at the Lions, but at this stage I wouldn't be going so far as to say he's definitely "gone" as some are suggesting.
So do we want Adelaide to do really good or not?
If Adelaide do well then Danger might stay, meaning less coin for Aishy, meaning more chance of him staying with us if we offer him the right amount.
If Adelaide do bad then we get a better draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd really prefer him to just start playing like a professional athlete - you know, "do your best until you die" kinda stuff.

After that....dunno :D

So do we want Adelaide to do really good or not?
If Adelaide do well then Danger might stay, meaning less coin for Aishy, meaning more chance of him staying with us if we offer him the right amount.
If Adelaide do bad then we get a better draft pick.
I say offer him less then what we are offering him he's playing like it anyway if he leaves so be it

The Crows and Port will offer up their first round picks for Aish, we will take the highest pick, with pick 1 or 2, the Aish pick something around 12-18 and a priority pick at 19, we will have 3 in the first 20. Thanks AISHY

I disagree i think they'll try and get him cheap. All class last year, to what this year. i think they have gotten in his ear to not play at his best so they can get a bargain.......Polec style.

Bring back the mid-year draft for the expansion clubs, so we can trade Aish at Round 11 when he still has maybe 60% of his worth, rather than at year's end when he is at 30%.

One trade mid year would be good for all clubs.

One trade mid year would be good for all clubs.

Yes, I'm beginning to think this would be a good idea.

Loyalties are not what they used to be and I think the average fan is probably willing to accept that one club players are fast becoming an an endangered species.

If an agreement can be struck between club and player that a move is mutually beneficial mid season, then why the hell drag out the misery to the end of the season (with the accompanying lies, half truths and innuendo) Cut the crap. have a bit of honesty and get the deal(s) done.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-n...equal-says-eddie-mcguire-20150504-ggttob.html

I think it's clear who runs the AFL....

Which isn't at all surprising to me, since the game is fundamentally about profits, not product these days.
Yep, the Lions have the draft stitched up Eddie, that is why we have been dominating for so long and are such a powerhouse. Oh, wait a minute, we're not. Eddie is a massive flog who cares about one thing and that is the Collingwood Magpies. I can't believe he is still going on about the Lions concessions from the late 90's. You will rest a hell of a lot easier on your death bed if you learn to get over things Eddie.

I disagree i think they'll try and get him cheap. All class last year, to what this year. i think they have gotten in his ear to not play at his best so they can get a bargain.......Polec style.

Unlike the Polec situation, I guarantee we will throw Aish to the wolves.

We should have just sent him to the Pies for Beams then let them deal with him wanting to go home, instead we got rid of Crisp and pick 5. We need better people in charge of our recruiting team, Beams has been good the rest have been poo

We should have just sent him to the Pies for Beams then let them deal with him wanting to go home, instead we got rid of Crisp and pick 5. We need better people in charge of our recruiting team, Beams has been good the rest have been poo

Players have to consent to trades.

" The draft works. The best football we have ever had was when we finally washed out the benefits that the Brisbane Lions received in the late '90s, and that took about 10 years."

I don't understand what he is basing that off, was there a vote and it was determined the best football ever played was after they scrapped our concessions? How many times a year does collingwood travel out of Victoria? 5 times? Should be organising some equalisation a little closer to home I reckon Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back