Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:$
He probably won't be a star, but he will be a good-very good player. If you didn't see that last year, you obviously weren't watching. Whether he stays or not is another matter, but can we stop pretending that he's suddenly an absolute spud after having a quiet second year?
Or, you know, continue whinging. Whatever.

I have not done too much whingeing about him at all.
I think the previous post I had in this thread ,was encouraging.
Have posted very little about him to be honest, as I don't like bagging our players.
Last nights was probably a bit in frustration but I never said he was a spud.
I dislike that term immensely.
Hope he does reach his potential somewhere, but it probably won't be with us.

:$
He probably won't be a star, but he will be a good-very good player. If you didn't see that last year, you obviously weren't watching. Whether he stays or not is another matter, but can we stop pretending that he's suddenly an absolute spud after having a quiet second year?
Or, you know, continue whinging. Whatever.

The tone in this post is a little off-putting, particularly being in response to ceebee.

Because some of us have a low opinion of Aish atm, you say we haven't been watching to see his good work.

..and because we continue to discuss Aish in a thread that is about Aish we are whinging.....

Funny how the majority on this forum have missed seeing all his good games. What a coincidence.

I have not done too much whingeing about him at all.
I think the previous post I had in this thread ,was encouraging.
Have posted very little about him to be honest, as I don't like bagging our players.
Last nights was probably a bit in frustration but I never said he was a spud.
I dislike that term immensely.
Hope he does reach his potential somewhere, but it probably won't be with us.
"I have never seen Aish actually do anything half decent.

Not sure what the fuss is all about."
So, that's actually not what you meant. ok.
The tone in this post is a little off-putting, particularly being in response to ceebee.

Because some of us have a low opinion of Aish atm, you say we haven't been watching to see his good work.

..and because we continue to discuss Aish in a thread that is about Aish we are whinging.....

Funny how the majority on this forum have missed seeing all his good games. What a coincidence.
You've contradicted yourself a couple of times there...
I'm confused.

thinking spud and using that theme...I reckon we could apply the chip test to James.

There are all sorts of chips..... the beer battered fat chip, to the fish n chip chip, French fries, home made, oven baked....just to name a few.

But to me James is the scraps chip, you know the crunchy chip. The chip you get in the FnC that basically has no potato left in it, tastes good for one or two of them and then you realise that it has no taste at all...Yep that is where he sits now...

Just curious...if Aish signed on for 3 years next week what would happen to all the negativity embedded in this thread - would it evaporate overnight?

I'd be more amused than elated.

Just curious...if Aish signed on for 3 years next week what would happen to all the negativity embedded in this thread - would it evaporate overnight?

Possibly, purely on the basis that he has been signed so he is a Lion and we have to accept it.........but personally I would be sitting back hoping like hell he shows us fans why there was all the hoohaa about him and if he was worth signing up..

..and if he turns out to be the champ some think he will be, well, then I'd have to eat humble pie.......and I'm a vegetarian!:eek:;)

Who knows. It's gone from "future captain, 200 gamer" to "he's not even very good, don't know what the fuss is about" in a fairly short amount of time. We could go anywhere from here, really.

Refuse to trade Aish to the club he wishes to go to, then select him with your first pick in the PSD... It'll be funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people here underestimate how good Aish actually is. But, in 2 years when he is winning the best and fairest for the crows, i'm sure most of you will finally get the hint. I just wish our club wasn't such a basketcase in grooming talent, because it seems like every player on our list would actually be better at other clubs.

na...he would do a luke ball and nominate for the National Draft?

Take him with your first pick in that. Would cripple your club, but you can't deny how funny it would be. ;)

Can someone tell me, are we going to be forced to bid for Keays with pick #1? Or will we be able to take him with 2nd rnd?

Second round and change as it stands. Depends what happens in trade week.

First pick is safe.

pick 1 for aish? I'll pass. even a 2nd round Aish would have a 1 year contract demand that is massive to ensure only his preferred club picks him, and then we have our academy picks which will suck up the 2nd rounders

I know, mate. I'm just taking the piss haha.

I think most of the negativity is due to resentment that it has been drawn out like this, and the games played along the way by his manager. He hasn't had a great year (form-wise) but if he had signed early, I think people would be very forgiving. There is also an element of short memories. For a first year player, he was quite silky and classy. The fact that he hasn't been that this year, coupled with the uncertainty is where the angst comes from.
If he signed this week, I think some of that resentment will linger. People will be asking "What took so long?", and saying "Well he better pull his finger out".
I think there is a better than average chance that whether he goes or stays, he will improve and we'll see the return of some of that silk. If it's here, all will be "forgiven" pretty soon. Perhaps like the recruiting of Robinson, there will be concern, stern expectation and in the end acceptance & praise.

Given the updated injury list today, you would have to imagine we have seen the last of James in our colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back