Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I say we make all players free agents... that's effectively the situation the lions are in anyway. A player wants to leave, he nominates the club he wants to go to, and he gets there. At least if all players were free agents we would get appropriate compensation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll be losing more than Aish this year.

Martin, Rich and at least one other in our best 22 will also go.

I went to school with someone involved at the club, with the players, on a day to day level.

Suggestions are there are more than a few not real happy with stuff up here - the lack of facilities is a major issue.

I went to school with someone involved at the club, with the players, on a day to day level.

Suggestions are there are more than a few not real happy with stuff up here - the lack of facilities is a major issue.
Yeah i get that may be a problem but i can't see them being able to leave. They are contracted for next year so it had have to be an extremely juicy offer. I hope most of these rumours are just due to the time of year and how we are traveling

Yeah i get that may be a problem but i can't see them being able to leave. They are contracted for next year so it had have to be an extremely juicy offer. I hope most of these rumours are just due to the time of year and how we are traveling

Yeah, me too. I am not BEST MATES with this person, so I hear things second hand. It is just rumour, nothing more. But it's terribly unsettling when we can't even begin to rebuild. Every time we start, we lose ground.

Given an announcement on brand new facilities at QEII is well and truly imminent i would think club will convince them to hang around

It's actually those whispers that I happen to come across that has convinced me of the need to get our club's plight out into the community - there appears to have been a big shift in player satisfaction over the last 2-3 years.

Guys like Beams and AC coming in have helped, but we appear to have a culture now of being a feeder club - players see us as just a stepping stone to go from here to somewhere else.

Furthermore, I am even more adamant that our path to success has to start with a dogged determination to take locals, even if they aren't up to AFL standard.

Queenslanders have made a mockery of the talent vs passion approach to sport for years. We need a shitload of that, right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back