Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So can we party yet?

ef31533f1b5455815c4e68310531d8eb.jpg

Always a Lion

One Club Player
Dec 4, 2008
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
No!
Aish not ever having specified whether he'd be staying or going has kept all options open, and bridges intact. That tactic has been the tactic of choice for Pickering. Buddy, Abblet and Boyd all waited until trade week to announce their intentions. It's the smart approach.

I am ambivalent about whether Aish stays or goes. If he stays, I reckon he'll do his best to be the best player he can possibly be. If he goes, I just want the best possible compensation.

If he stays, for my own peace of mind, I'll see him as one of our own, just as Blacky and Lukey were once they had decided to stay all those years ago.

I look forward to this thread being put to rest, hopefully permanently.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Aish not ever having specified whether he'd be staying or going has kept all options open, and bridges intact. That tactic has been the tactic of choice for Pickering. Buddy, Abblet and Boyd all waited until trade week to announce their intentions. It's the smart approach.

I am ambivalent about whether Aish stays or goes. If he stays, I reckon he'll do his best to be the best player he can possibly be. If he goes, I just want the best possible compensation.

If he stays, for my own peace of mind, I'll see him as one of our own, just as Blacky and Lukey were once they had decided to stay all those years ago.

Yeah, it will probably be a good PR coup for the club but personally, I disengaged emotionally from him early this year. Will have to retrain myself.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah, it will probably be a good PR coup for the club but personally, I disengaged emotionally from him early this year. Will have to retrain myself.
If he puts in a big game in round 1 and carries the team over the line I think the vast majority of Lions fans will re engage with relative ease.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions

Oh God....please let it end.

I am kinda glad actually. I had disengaged largely but between Leemas and her horse and a general liking for this quiet kid that i suspect many of us had misunderstood i had retained some distant hope that we would retain him. Let's hope that the rug is not going to get puled from under our feet. Ive always had a lot of empathy for how much this kid had been walloped by supporters on social media and he remained quiet (possibly too quiet) and dignified during it all. There are a couple of Lions 'stalwarts' who could learn from that (yeah Greeny I am looking at you). At the end of the day i think he has gotten poor advice from his manager that has exacerbated the situation.

If Damo hasn't confirmed it I don't know what to think.

Morons aside, I'm not willing to jump onboard the belief train until there's actually a concrete report.

Greggy85

Senior List
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I just heard speculation that a deal's been done between Carlton and Brisbane...
The Blues will take Weitering at 1, we take Schache at 2, in order to facilitate a Bell/Aish direct trade.
Not completely implausible. I don't think he's staying. Nothing he's done this year has suggested 'staying.'

LIONS08

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I just heard speculation that a deal's been done between Carlton and Brisbane...
The Blues will take Weitering at 1, we take Schache at 2, in order to facilitate a Bell/Aish direct trade.
Not completely implausible. I don't think he's staying. Nothing he's done this year has suggested 'staying.'
That is SEN garbage for you!!

Blues were always going to take Weitering, we don't need them to get Schache.

We also don't need to trade Aish to get Bell.

And Aish rumours has always been Collingwood or Brisbane, so I don't see him trying to get to Carlton of all places either.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club

A "deal" really doesn't make sense. Many pundits believe Weitering is the best player in the draft. If Carlton take Schache, then the Lions will very happily take Weitering.

Greggy85

Senior List
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A "deal" really doesn't make sense. Many pundits believe Weitering is the best player in the draft. If Carlton take Schache, then the Lions will very happily take Weitering.

Why doesn't it? I thought we were pretty set on Schache. IICR quite a few peanuts on this board were upset when we beat the Bulldogs because 'we'd lost him to Carlton.' A gentleman's agreement is not out of the question. It is speculation, but then I'm pretty sure that nothing on this board can be substantiated.

Why doesn't it? I thought we were pretty set on Schache. IICR quite a few peanuts on this board were upset when we beat the Bulldogs because 'we'd lost him to Carlton.' A gentleman's agreement is not out of the question. It is speculation, but then I'm pretty sure that nothing on this board can be substantiated.
That was back when it was speculated that Carlton could end up with Pick 1 & 2, which is why the peanuts got upset.

I'm telling you now, I'd bet my house Carlton will take Weitering - with or without a gentlemens agreement.

Always a Lion

One Club Player
Dec 4, 2008
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
No!

Most were upset because it was feared that Kreuser going into free agency may result in Carlton gaining compensation pick two. If that had happened, then such an agreement may have been necessary, but currently the way things stand, it isn't.

lukiuslion

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hoping for 3 years, though am expecting 2, if it's 1 ill lose my s**t.

I hope he confirms either way upon return from Bali, I think we have all waited long enough. If this strings out and he just keeps everyone guessing through the trade period, in the hope some offer will come from the Hawks - ill actually start to get pissed off. Up to this point, yeah ok, what ever, I have advocated I am cool with him exercising his rights - but much longer and ill start to feel like he doesn't give a hoot about Lions Members and supporters, isnt that what it's all about at the end of the day?

lukiuslion

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If he signs he will take the 3 year deal that's on the table.

I don't believe that to be set in concrete in anyway shape or form, I am sure a 2 year deal (if that's what they want) will be agreed to by the club - though I really hope your'e right.

Zacisonfire

Team Captain
Jul 28, 2009
Devonport
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm interested to hear what he has to say if he does decide to stay. If we will hear 'I'm super excited about Brisbane's future, was always going to stay and Brisbane' or a few reasons for the delay of signing on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back