Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Worst contract negotiations ever.
image.jpg

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
"Well, I just don't understand why that Aish ain't sayin' he wanna come to Collingwood."
tumblr_n6n4w4jQnf1r2amcuo1_500.jpg

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure if it was just a bit of theatre for the radio this morning, but Ed was annoyingly smug about the Pies chances when it was mentioned that Aish was looking more likely than not to re-sign with Brisbane.

Not sure if it was just a bit of theatre for the radio this morning, but Ed was annoyingly smug about the Pies chances when it was mentioned that Aish was looking more likely than not to re-sign with Brisbane.

Nah, that is just normal levels of smugness for Eddie.

Oct 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Either way Aish has done himself no favours. The way he has handled this situation doesn't endear himself to the Lions supporters. Even if he signs for three years this is most likely to occur again. The bloke lacks maturity and to string it along like this is a disgrace. If he stays he better perform next season because he will fast become the whipping boy if he doesn't.

Either way Aish has done himself no favours. The way he has handled this situation doesn't endear himself to the Lions supporters. Even if he signs for three years this is most likely to occur again. The bloke lacks maturity and to string it along like this is a disgrace. If he stays he better perform next season because he will fast become the whipping boy if he doesn't.

I agree. He shouldn't take his time to make the choice he feels is best. whatever happened to the days of mature kids like Tom Boyd?

/s

Oct 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
I agree. He shouldn't take his time to make the choice he feels is best. whatever happened to the days of mature kids like Tom Boyd?

/s
By all means take your time. But two days out from the trade period is excessive. You either want out and openly say so or you want to stay. Him not saying anything says to me that he wants out but will take another contract at the Lions because the interest hasn't been there. If that is the case then how enthusiastic is he going to be next season having had to settle for his second preference.

Paul D

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah, I got the same impression. Feels like Aish to Collingwood is still a possibility.

irish

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2002
hobart
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NHFC demons & SH/SB sharks
Well I think the club knows now and most likely has for a little while , just hasn't announced it. For what it's worth I think he is staying and I think today is the day to finally put an end to it

By all means take your time. But two days out from the trade period is excessive. You either want out and openly say so or you want to stay. Him not saying anything says to me that he wants out but will take another contract at the Lions because the interest hasn't been there. If that is the case then how enthusiastic is he going to be next season having had to settle for his second preference.

If we're his second preference and he ends up staying, that isn't a bad result. He obviously has a love for the club or at least the players. Let him make up his own mind in his own time. He's on holidays and will be back today and we (the public) should know. As Irish said we probably already know one way or another and will make it official today.

Well I think the club knows now and most likely has for a little while , just hasn't announced it. For what it's worth I think he is staying and I think today is the day to finally put an end to it
Shall we give him until 5pm?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I'm still unbelievably ambivalent.

If a fair trade got done it would give us some real flexibility in the trade/draft period.

The PR boost would be nice but either way I just want some certainty.

If a fair trade got done it would give us some real flexibility in the trade/draft period.

If he decides to go the certainty is he will say what a difficult decision it has been, how it has never been about the money, how Brisbane have been great about everything and what terrific friends he has made at the club, but ......

LIONS08

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

You have used this word three times now and every time i have to look it up to see if it's a good thing haha!

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have no doubt Collingwood are waiting too see what's happening with Seedsman and Kennedy and if they def gone then they will have cash for Smug James and he will sign there, but whatever I could no be anymore detached. For someone who has shown very little has a sense of I deserve more. Bye bye and good luck getting a game somewhere else.

Panthera

Premiership Player
Feb 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have no doubt Collingwood are waiting too see what's happening with Seedsman and Kennedy and if they def gone then they will have cash for Smug James and he will sign there, but whatever I could no be anymore detached. For someone who has shown very little has a sense of I deserve more. Bye bye and good luck getting a game somewhere else.

Think Pies' issue would be satisfying the Lions in a trade >>> Cap space

Eons

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
The trading of future draft picks gives us more flexibility. In past years it would have been nice having a first round pick if Aish left, this year if Aish stays we still have the flexibility to bring in the players we want through next years picks.

We will also have picks coming in for Redden and Leuey that we can use to bring in players as well or take to the draft for the academy kids.

Wouldn't be against packaging the pick we got for Redden for Casboult and Bell. We get 2 experienced players and Carlton get another first rounder to take to the draft or to give to GWS for players they want.

It'll all be forgiven when Aish kicks one of those perfectly weighted inside 50s to McStay/Freeman/Schache next year. Just sign the bloody thing so we can move on.

John_Proctor

Club Legend
Apr 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't understand why he hasn't said anything since our last game? I can't remember a single quote from the horses mouth. Why hasn't he at least said 'I'm still looking at my options and I'll announce something when I get back from holidays'.

whole thing is getting a bit weird.

Len S

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I think, that's it in a nutshell....where most of us are now at !

rusty08

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wouldn't be surprised if his initial intention was to take off at the expiry of his contract. Now over time(alot) he's gradually come round that this is not such a bad place. Imo it'll be a 3 year contract in front of him, so a big decision for him. That's my take on it anyway.:)You don't necessarily have to fall in love with your club straight away.
Buuuuuut, I'm certainly over this waiting.(for him to tell us he's leaving:p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back