Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that Saint Kilda or anyone other than an Adelaide club would pick him up as they know that he will leave when his contract expires.
Why? They get a gun player just for a list spot then can trade him for more draft currency or try and convince him to stay. At worst they get a genuinely good player for two years then a decent draft pick afterwards. No brainer if you ask me.

Why? They get a gun player just for a list spot then can trade him for more draft currency or try and convince him to stay. At worst they get a genuinely good player for two years then a decent draft pick afterwards. No brainer if you ask me.
You would have to pay a top 5 pick for him and it is debatable whether he would play to the best of his potential as he wouldn't want to be there. I personally would rather pay for a quality player who has a higher chance of re-signing with them and putting games into that person that someone who, most likely, wont be there after a couple of years.

When you do trade him at the end of his contract, is the teeam going to receive their payment back i.e a top 5 pick or equivalent player? I doubt it, we had 5 1st round picks and didn't receive anything near value for them. Beams still had a year on his contract and l reckon we still won that trade.

You would have to pay a top 5 pick for him and it is debatable whether he would play to the best of his potential as he wouldn't want to be there. I personally would rather pay for a quality player who has a higher chance of re-signing with them and putting games into that person that someone who, most likely, wont be there after a couple of years.

When you do trade him at the end of his contract, is the teeam going to receive their payment back i.e a top 5 pick or equivalent player? I doubt it, we had 5 1st round picks and didn't receive anything near value for them. Beams still had a year on his contract and l reckon we still won that trade.
I was going on the assumption we were talking about picking him up in the PSD. I'm aware this never happens anymore but just addressing a hypothetical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to think Aish would've resigned already, the only thing holding him back is pickers and his commission...

He can't have merrett that's mine, He has Green, Leppa, Harwood or Robinson available

Hmmmm, Green sauce, s'pose it would have that Thai curry flavour, Leppa sauce, now that's one I'm not too sure I'd be trying, Harwood, earthy/smoked flavour & Robinson, sounds Brittish so I'll go with a minty aftertaste?

Aish's future is intricately linked to Dangerfield's. If Dangerfield nominates a Victorian club, then Aish becomes a a valuable bargaining chip that a few clubs might pay overs for.

Aish's future is intricately linked to Dangerfield's. If Dangerfield nominates a Victorian club, then Aish becomes a a valuable bargaining chip that a few clubs might pay overs for.

Dangerfield is a free agent (albeit restricted). If he nominates a club, chances are he's walking to that club.

Ummm no. Aish will either be at adelaide or brisbane next year and im leaning alot towards adelaide. Dangerfield wont be at adelaide next year.

Dangerfield is a free agent (albeit restricted). If he nominates a club, chances are he's walking to that club.

You're absolutely right, I can't give you a single example where a club has matched an offer for a restricted free agent, but in Dangerfield's case, watch this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back