Certified Legendary Thread Future of James Aish, for a limited time only! (trolling opposition supporters automatic day off)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can learn a lot from Collingwood this year, even though Beams was contracted. They got pretty close to a dollar for a dollar. They bargained hard. We were way to soft last year.

I really hope we keep Aish. But if he desperately wants to head back to SA, they need to come up with a top 3 pick. That means Crows potentially trading out the likes of a Dangerfield or Tex (if Danger wants to get back to Vic, highly likely a Vic club will be bottom 3). Or Lions could put a massive offer to Danger (Danger for Aish). All else fails..try your luck in the PSD.

Just on the us being soft part. I think the club was in a pretty difficult position with 5 players going at once.

Collingwood only had 1 player to focus on with the Beams trade, the Lions had 5.

If it was just Polec leaving and nobody else, I'd hope we would have put up a bit more of a fight.

If we do have Aish leaving next year I agree we should be looking for value, not whatever we can get.

Lets hope he stays!

Last edited:
We can learn a lot from Collingwood this year, even though Beams was contracted. They got pretty close to a dollar for a dollar. They bargained hard. We were way to soft last year.

I really hope we keep Aish. But if he desperately wants to head back to SA, they need to come up with a top 3 pick. That means Crows potentially trading out the likes of a Dangerfield or Tex (if Danger wants to get back to Vic, highly likely a Vic club will be bottom 3). Or Lions could put a massive offer to Danger (Danger for Aish). All else fails..try your luck in the PSD.

The fact the Beams was contracted, was the main reason why Colingwood got dollar for dollar. Anyways most teams want a positive working relationship with other clubs, with the saints/Bombers as the only real hard cases (IMO) the departing team normally get somewhere near value and very rarely get ripped completly.

Even with the GH5, without involving a 3rd club , we got pretty much what was expected, when they declared their club of choice. (2nd round draft picks)

Aish unlike Polec has shown enough with us to realistically expect a mid-first rounder, that's if he countinues to build on from an impressive first year.

No one can expect adelaide to trade someone of Walker/Dangerfield caliber to land an uncontracted kid that wants to join them.

For what it's worth, I'm confident that the club will be able to keep him, it's just management games to get Aish a better deal

I say it again in different terms...I'll be a monkey's uncle if Dangerfield ever gave a moments thought to agreeing to transfer from Adelaide to Brisbane.

Last edited:
I say it again in different terms...I'll be a monkey's uncle if Dangerfield ever gave a moments thought to agreeing to transfer from Adelaide to Brisbane.
Psst ... just checking you're not my uncle, otherwise, all good.

By all accounts the Cats have positioned themselves to have the cap space to lure him... Guess we'll see how things pan out under Walsh over the next 12 months...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at it this way - Chad Wingard has never smiled at Port.
Crybaby2_zps695273fa.jpg

Loved the lions three-peat and was hoping u guys would go b2b2b2b so Collingwood fans lost bragging rights.

Hate it how VFL and southern states say no disadvantage for lions inherent with draft (nowadays) denying the go home factor. Felt for u guys losing 5 players for SFA. How ironic then that a crows recruiter states clearly it is something they use to their advantage... Article attached.
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-10/crows-hunt-expat-aish

Why would he want to go back to Adelaide, it only rains when the cricket is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back