Academy: Gold Coast SUNS Gun Factory

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont understand.. We have a young gun in our academy..
Playing for qld when we have atleast 2 brisbane lions academy players playing in our stoopid NEAFL..
Scheer should be playing for the Suns in the NEAFL this weekend.. Not those spuds.
-end rant-

Are you saying Scheer should be playing Neafl instead of representing his state ??

Are you saying Scheer should be playing Neafl instead of representing his state ??

His not even draftable this year.. His a bottom ager...
His Club.. The Suns need him..
The kid plays seniors for Palm Beach..
How is it going to benefit him playing for QLD against other 17yr olds
Still pissed off we're playing Lions academy players!! Makes no sense.
I'm sure they're laughing at us from down the hwy.

His not even draftable this year.. His a bottom ager...
His Club.. The Suns need him..
The kid plays seniors for Palm Beach..
How is it going to benefit him playing for QLD against other 17yr olds
Still pissed off we're playing Lions academy players!! Makes no sense.
I'm sure they're laughing at us from down the hwy.

His club is Palmy , he trains with our academy , and he is no certainty to be drafted next year , he has to make every post a winner like all the other young guys.

His club is Palmy , he trains with our academy , and he is no certainty to be drafted next year , he has to make every post a winner like all the other young guys.
Don't think he has any option - being a NAB academy member he has to play all state championship matches if fit and available. Essentially he is a National Academy player and must play games the AFL sanction. Suns have no say - even though he in our academy.

I'll run naked onto Metricon if he doesn't go top 5 in 2016 if he's fit . Scouts are drooling at Skilled today about him.

Who's that 16 year old that seems to regularly have a stint at those competitions before Suns home games? Apparently a part of our academy and the Suns seem to be constantly showcasing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I honestly have no idea - maybe Brody or something? haha.

He was shortish (maybe 170cm-ish), tanned, brown hair, moustache - looked like an athletic midfielder.

EDIT: remember thinking he looked like a younger Andrew Boston lol

His name is Jacob Dawson plays for burleigh seniors as a 15 turning 16 y/o is one of the more dominant standouts in the 16s qld team watch for his name in the next couple of months as he is part of the higher group of kids playing in the 16s national carnival in a couple weeks time

I personally believe that any young player should play as much state league senior football (VFL, SANFL, WAFL, NEAFL) as possible, as it will be more beneficial in the long-term because they are learning to play against men. Recruiters usually find those who can perform at senior level more appealing. The NAB U18 Championships isn't that much more beneficial then the TAC Cup. The NAB U18 Championships is really just a test to see who stands up on the big stage.

THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED

It looks as though Dyson Budarick is enjoying a great season this year. He has played every game so far and played well. I mean, look at the stats for his 5 games this year (TAC Cup stats aren't very detailed):

VS DANDENONG STINGRAYS (TAC CUP) - 28 Disposals, 68% DE, 7 Marks, 7 Tackles
VS GIPPSLAND POWER (TAC CUP) - 34 Disposals, 62% DE, 8 Marks, 6 Tackles, 1 Goal
VS OAKLEIGH CHARGERS (TAC CUP) - 19 Disposals, 58% DE, 7 Tackles, 2 Goals
VS CALDER CANNONS (TAC CUP) - 23 Disposals, 70% DE, 9 Tackles, 3 Goals
VS NORTHERN TERRITORY (NAB U18 CHAMPIONSHIPS) - 23 Disposals, 74% DE, 8 Contested Possessions, 9 Inside 50s, 2 Goals, 4 Goal Assists
VS TASMANIA (NAB U18 CHAMPIONSHIPS) - 21 Disposals, 71% DE, 9 Contested Possessions, 6 Clearances, 5 Tackles, 3 Behinds
VS NEW SOUTH WALES (NAB U18 CHAMPIONSHIPS) - 17 Disposals, 53% DE, 11 Contested Possessions, 9 Tackles, 1 Goal

Played well in every game. Was named in the best 5/7 times (and was very unlucky not to be named in the best against dandenong and tasmania).

I've tallied up votes (from the TAC Cup and AFL websites) for all games this year and so far he is Queensland's 2nd best player this year (1st for most of it until the most recent game).
Ben Keays (26)
Dyson Budarick (25)
Eric Hipwood (23)
Corey Wagner (19)
Wylie Buzza (10)
Nick Weller (9)
Jesse Joyce (9)
Rueben William (9)
Jacob Allison (8)
Cody Filewood (5)
Josh Brown (3)
Daniel Hendersen (3)
Aaron Maricic (3)
Mabior Chol (3)
Nate Dennis (3)
Glendon Woosup (2)
Declan Watson (1)
Eethan Reeves (1)

Last edited:
Does anybody know how the u16 are shaping up for the national carnival in a couple of weeks anyone know the cream of the crop?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how much game time he had.. If anyone knows..
Watched on the internet - looked like he started on bench each quarter - played mainly high half forward - very little time in the centre square.
Probably played 75 - 80 % game time.

Anyone know how Curtis Marsden is going heard a little bit of chat on the coast about him in afl academy how's he travelling?

Budarick was busy today in the last 18's game. Scheer's a brute for 16. Tackled well, wins contested ball in close, does everything well but didn't get a heap of it. Rueben William is an excitement machine. I'm tipping he's a Lion academy kid.
Time on Ground Stats would be interesting - Suns Vs Lions. Guessing Suns lost that battle by a mile.....!!!

Time on Ground Stats would be interesting - Suns Vs Lions. Guessing Suns lost that battle by a mile.....!!!
Scheer started on the bench and played that deep forward role for most of the 1st half. Went into the centre a few times in the 2nd and won a clearance or 2. Has the ability to stand up in a tackle and still dish it off.
Cody Filewood is interesting. Late starter to footy and is dangerous and clever around goals. His set shot is better than 80% of the Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back