MRP / Trib. Fyfe, Dawson facing suspensions..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah the AFL still has the silver bullet in "Insufficient force" to cherrypick and rub out the players who don't put bums on seats at venues, no big loss.

Yeah that's very true. After all the outburst, mrp will just 'readjust' their grading and deem the cases as insufficient impact. They are accused of inconsistency often enough anyway.

Sam Newman and gang will claim victory and common sense prevail. Rule stays of course.

Wait, Fyfe? Oh, he did plea guilty didn't he? That dirty little player :eek:

Expecting over 20 players suspended this week given the precedent set by Fyfe.

Steven May is gone you'd think. Smashed Zorko, and just clipped his face which left him bleeding.

Ridiculous that he'd get suspended, but it was harder than the Fyfe hit with similar consequences. Can't see the MRP have any choice now.

So Merrett was just as worse as what fyfe did...

absolute joke!

I'm fuming about that... Fyfe would've been better off coming in and clotheslining Rischetelli rather then bumping him according to the MRP

Stupid MRP

Force & area of contact are apparently much worse than intent

Accidentally clip someone in the head and you're ****ed - line someone up, feet in the air & miss; you get off. I'd much rather the MRP go after players lining others up while leaving the ground (regardless of contact) than cite players for accidental crap. If the intent is there and your actions show that, someone should be done

I'm fuming about that... Fyfe would've been better off coming in and clotheslining Rischetelli rather then bumping him according to the MRP

if fyfe did what merritt did, he will still have 2 weeks suspension (early plea) but nearly a whooping extra 80 more demerit points

EDIT: however, on just base points alone. what merritt did feels a lot worst than 1 week extra.

hi guys,

i have just watched the fyfe, merrett incidents again and for me it is quite simple.
Either the fyfe bump was fair punishment and merrett was lucky or fyfe was harshly treated and merrett should have got two weeks. fwiw 3 weeks down to two seems lenient and i think the point system with loadings and discounts for good/bad records muddies the waters. the mrp wheel of fortune joke has got to stop.:mad:

personally i just dont see how fyfe gets 225 points and a two match ban while taylor adams gets 125 and a one match ban for quite similiar contact. the MRP seems injury focused rather than judging cases on their merits. why do we all have problems with the mrp...except the hawks who as usual get a dream run

Seeing we have lost fyfe and the Pav for large chunks of time in the last two years for bumping I think it's a good move to discourage bumping unless it's in the grand final and Sandi is going on a rampage to collect bones to grind up for flour.

Seeing we have lost fyfe and the Pav for large chunks of time in the last two years for bumping I think it's a good move to discourage bumping unless it's in the grand final and Sandi is going on a rampage to collect bones to grind up for flour.
It's a shame because one of Dawsons best moments for our club was a perfect bump and IIRC it was in a derby when he left his man and killed the contest coming at him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again left his man and showed some seriously flash timing and judgement cos in that Stokes hit he's come from 30+ metres away arrives simultaneously,won the ball to our advantage and gave Stokes a nasty knock that took him a while to recover from;defensive poetry.:D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back