MRP / Trib. Fyfe in trouble?

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing that surprises me is that in 2014 they can get QCs to be involved with this nonsense.

Well, look out to whoever we play first week of the finals. Fyfe is going to fresh as and come out like a raging bull.

Really seems like this is the case, Allikat?
No. From Schmook: Gleeson argued that there was no error of law in taking the matter out of the jury's hands because there was only one option left to the jury. That's a quite proper submission.

QC failed to establish that there was an error of law. (BTW you can't appeal on any error - the general test is that the error of law was of such significance that the decision should be overturned - we couldn't make out that case. Why? Because they think the evidence was that the intentional element was met - he intended to do what he did and an arm bar is a strike, effectively)

The decision doesn't surprise me. Further, I don't think original counsel's submisisons should be blamed. All appeal counsel say that the person running the original case was rubbish. It was always a technicality defence and that's hard work.

But it's always worth trying to appeal if if doesn't cost you too much cos judges are human and can always be swayed. Assuming Freo ponied up, QC would be about $8k to $10k I'd imagine for today, plus instructing solicitor and a junior floating around somewhere. I doubt the Federal Court would be too interested in looking at it though.

I'm happy that we fought all the way to the appeal board. There is definitely case to be argued even though the chances are slim.
I'll also like to think the willingness to bring it all the way again will dissuade dodgy decisions from the MRP ...at least for a while

I'm happy that we fought all the way to the appeal board. There is definitely case to be argued even though the chances are slim.
I'll also like to think the willingness to bring it all the way again will dissuade dodgy decisions from the MRP ...at least for a while

Still been stitched up. Twice to the tribunal and twice the jury have been left out of it. What is the point of having a tribunal if they do not get to adjudicate?

I think just being Nat Fyfe gets you two weeks. I've noted a similar trend to Nat Fyfe's current Suspensions

Kicking out at someone (Both are so similar that it isn't even funny)
Nat Fyfe - 2 Weeks
Stevie J - 0 Weeks (out injured one week though)

Punching someone
Nat Fyfe - 2 weeks
Travis Varcoe - 0 Weeks
Adam Goodes - 0 Weeks

Accidental Headclash in a bump.
Nat Fyfe - 2 Weeks
Viney - 0 Weeks
Buddy - 0 Weeks

Simply being Nat Fyfe gives you an instant 2 weeks suspension by the Tribunal!!! :)

I think we need Nathan Fyfe to change his name and we might start to get lucky. Maybe change his name to Gary Ablett, Adam Goodes or someone else. Maybe, Nathan Scott, he could be a long lost Scott Brother!

(This is a joke of course)

My concern now turns to Fyfe's treatment by opposition players for the next 12 months. They are going to go all out to harass/goad him into doing something stupid again knowing that any infringement by him is going to mean a really severe penalty, especially this years GF!
It is going to be a big character test for the man may believe will be the next captain.

My concern now turns to Fyfe's treatment by opposition players for the next 12 months. They are going to go all out to harass/goad him into doing something stupid again knowing that any infringement by him is going to mean a really severe penalty, especially this years GF!
It is going to be a big character test for the man may believe will be the next captain.

Yeah was thinking the same thing. He's better off clocking someone early in the season, taking a couple of weeks off and reduce the carry over points for the remainder of the season.

Hopefully the whole system is overhauled for next season anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can get suspended for 8 weeks during the GF for all I care as long as he wins it for us.

Actually he might as well combine the two and knock out the opposition's best player. If they're going to keep screwing him for minor things we might as well get our money's worth.

The stars could be aligning. We win this week and next week get 3 or even four of our very best players back for the finals fresh and ready to pop!:)

Just saw that and could not believe it. Where is the ****en consistency.
The only real difference is that Fyfe hit Lewis in the arm, then slipped up and made head contact. Bartel's was just a straight out whack to the head. It really does come down to who you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back