Fyfe on Duryea

Mixed feelings - think it was a genuine attempt to spoil but it was also a bit late and he did smack him in the face and fyfe does skate very close to the edge.

The knee to the guts of Shiels will be deemed below the required force.

There is nothing that this guy can't do - the brownlow has already been engraved

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
LOL

Webster had to go off the ground because he was bleeding and was subbed out with concussion. Durya got up and played on.
LOL yourself. Webster went off with a blood nose, came back on and was cleaned up by his own team mate later on in the game. He was then subbed off with concussion. But you make up your own story if you like.

TBH don't think Fyfe should be suspended for that, but I am still livid Yeo was given two weeks for his spoil. The MRP wildly inconsistent as usual.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think he should go really but if Elliot Yeo got suspended, with eyes on the ball as well as being equally as close if not closer to the spoil I feel he'd normally be suspended, plus Tippett went.

HoopsAhoy

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Another Monday/Tuesday Chooklotto draw - no-one knows what numbers will come up. Bridge for sale, bridge for sale. ;)

AFL dont want another 'ineligible' brownlow winner controversy.

He'll get a fine only but would want to watch his step.
Even if he only gets a fine he'd still only be one more fine away from having to face a week and losing eligibility anyway. I'd be nervous if I had anything riding on it.

Even if he only gets a fine he'd still only be one more fine away from having to face a week and losing eligibility anyway. I'd be nervous if I had anything riding on it.

If he gets a fine for that and then one for the knee (if you ping one knee then you have to ping the other) - that is three. So Is the third a week or is it three and then the next one is a week

If he gets a fine for that and then one for the knee (if you ping one knee then you have to ping the other) - that is three. So Is the third a week or is it three and then the next one is a week
I think they'll go the fine for the Duryea incident and then go insufficient force on the Shiels knee. The knee was unnecessary but he didn't drop into him hard so the 50m penalty was enough there.

I think they'll go the fine for the Duryea incident and then go insufficient force on the Shiels knee. The knee was unnecessary but he didn't drop into him hard so the 50m penalty was enough there.

Oh you misunderstand - I too think that's what would happen. I was just wondering if it's 3 and then a week or is the third a week

Oh you misunderstand - I too think that's what would happen. I was just wondering if it's 3 and then a week or is the third a week
I believe the 3rd fine is turned into a week.

He's got a bad record at the moment following the trip earlier in the season so if he does happen to be unlucky enough to get intentional or a medium impact grading then he won't be able to take a discount and will have to serve 2 weeks.

Tigerland

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2004
NSW
AFL Club
Richmond
If it wasn't Fyfe then 1 week would be about right.

But because it's the AFL - a corrupt organisation, you just know the golden child will get off.

What difference was that incident to Tippet against Richmond. Both crude, both not really going for the ball.
Both players that were hit played on and were fine.

Tippet even got his Swans discount of 1 week.

But because it's the AFL - a corrupt organisation, you just know the golden child will get off.

What difference was that incident to Tippet against Richmond. Both crude, both not really going for the ball.

What did Gordon get

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I think he should get off, but predicting the MRP is impossible. The way i see it he went for the spoil, realized he was going to get crunched so put his head down to protect himself, taking his eyes off the ball he cleaned up Duryea. Going by my team it would be a bit like Maric, was planning a nice crunch to the guts but Steele(?) crouched slightly and cleaned him up since he wasn't watching him.

Obviously Maric got a week but was also a much harder hit to a delicate area who knows, personally i wouldn't be to stressed if he got a week mostly because i don't care for the "Brownlow's integrity" it doesn't have much anyway. The integrity of it would be better held anyway if a suspended player is out of the running rather than a dirty player getting off cheaply just so he can win it (not calling Fyfe dirty, just a little reckless really).

Hawkinspired

Premiership Player
Sep 2, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn

There's been a lot of promise to revise the system but we still sit here every Monday morning not knowing what punishments will be handed out. No one wants to see Fyfe suspended but we can't have Lewis and Tippett miss several weeks for similar acts and give Fyfe a fine.

The whole system is graded to around how it affects the player. And then when it doesn't they throw in the intention to inflict injury.

Everyone knows this is a 2 weeks down to 1. Let's see how they spin it.

Mr Mediocracy

All Australian
Jun 25, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Will Fyfe get off?? Of course he will. With the love in for Fyfe at Channel 7, Fox Footy and the paper media about how "great" and "special" he is he'll get a fine. Why? Because it's very obvious who they want to win the Brownlow with the media pressure no doubt helping the umpires notice more.

Loving the people defending Fyfe and Duckwood that want Mitchell suspended for a knee on knee incident where Fyfe ran passed the ball to get Mitchell and caused the contact. And then there's the Collingwood folk comparing Mitchell to Adams. The bitterness and obsession is officially at scary levels.
Mitchell should get a fine and a talking to so he changes his actions. Even if his response is instinct rather than malicious, it's still taking out players
Selwood there was nothing in it, tackled badly
Fyfe's actions were intentional, never had his eyes on the ball, Duryea was subbed so force was greater than low

Back