Fyfe trip to cost him the 2015 Brownlow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are so many people foaming to have players suspended? Suspensions should be reserved for thuggish acts: Barry hall etc...

You are all starting to sound like that floggo Damien BS Barret.

Wasn't any malice in it. I don't think it was intentional looked like he slipped and reflexively stu k his leg out but he was still probably a little lucky because Stevens could easily have been badly injured.

Very glad he wasn't suspended, but I think some players in the past will be feeling pretty hard done by to go for lesser incidents.
Fyfe was done by a "lesser incident" last year with an accidental head clash. Everyone that got reported for tripping this year all got away with a fine; the one thing that has been consistent this year. At the end of the day the MRP is so damn inconsistent it's total joke.

So now McKernan having a sook.

Shouldn't have been suspended at the time (nor Grant)... But no need having a big cry about it now off the back of Fyfe.

Why are so many people foaming to have players suspended? Suspensions should be reserved for thuggish acts: Barry hall etc...

Agree.

Wasn't any malice in it. I don't think it was intentional looked like he slipped and reflexively stu k his leg out but he was still probably a little lucky because Stevens could easily have been badly injured.
When there was no intent only Stevens should be called lucky.

So now McKernan having a sook.
Very bad time and position to comment on this without getting viewed as sore loser...

Lot of armchair haters with very small penises here. Tall poppy and tiny penis syndrome much?

lol, no, not haters, just baiters. It's so easy to get you defensive lot going.

Was always going to be a fine but it was right that he was reported for it. Tripping by leg has been really frowned upon ever since Paul Dear broke Peter Foster's leg.

I've often wondered about all the suspensions these days. People pay good money to watch football these days and really deserve to see the best available players out there in the middle. As you say, unless there's a real thuggish action like a behind the play incident, or a player is a repeat offender, players should be fined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does Fyfe's trip on Suckling last night draw a fine (seeing as it won't affect his Brownlow chances) or does he get away with it again?

Pretty sure Lake will be reviewed more closely by the MRP than Fyfe this week.

Will be interested to hear the excuse this time. Was he making an elbow to do the chicken dance and accidentally got the point of it too close to the opposition player's head?

Pretty sure Lake will be reviewed more closely by the MRP than Fyfe this week.

I don't know of any incident last night involving Lake, and I'm not sure how it's relevant to this thread in any case.

This is the incident I am talking about:

Third time this season (that I'm aware of) where he has swept the leg. It will be interesting to see if the AFL starts punishing this guy the same as they do everyone else, or whether we'll be watching "Brownlow Chances" Fyfe keep doing this for years.

Last edited:
I don't know of any incident last night involving Lake, and I'm not sure how it's relevant to this thread in any case.

This is the incident I am talking about:

Third time this season (that I'm aware of) where he has swept the leg. It will be interesting to see if the AFL starts punishing this guy the same as they do everyone else, or whether we'll be watching "Brownlow Chances" Fyfe keep doing this for years.

Are you really that stupid or are you taking the mick?

'swept the leg'??? He was diving forward to spoil the kick. Fyfe made zero play on Suckling's leg. The contact came AFTER Fyfe dived and Suckling moved forward. Your interpretation is about as accurate at Stevic's umpiring. Utterly and totally wrong.

Edit: Whats your take on Suckling playing on after the siren? Once you run off your line, its play on and no goal but I see you carefully failed to notice that with your cheap shot on Fyfe getting you all jiggy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back