Fyfe's contract talks on hold at Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
FREMANTLE has moved to re-sign star utility Nat Fyfe, but the 22-year-old has told the Dockers he wants to put talks on hold so he can concentrate on the start of the 2014 season.

Although it is unclear when Fyfe will be ready to resume talks with Freo, it is understood the reigning best and fairest winner has no desire to delay negotiations until the end of the season.

Link

Geez, going to be interesting times at the Dockers in the next few months. The longer he puts it off, the more likely he's going to leave. GWS perhaps?

100% staying

More than likely being looked after by Mundy, who is a huge Chance to leave.

If Mundy goes that will free up 600k (reportedly) of which a significant portion can then be used to keep Fyfe happy.

Fyfe is going no where

Way too much of a WA boy to leave, I think. Will still get good money in Fremantle where he can go back to LG a bit. Not to mention how the club's current travelling...

I get the feeling Mundy'll leave this year. That feeling will be intensified if Freo manage to win the flag this season. Guy owes us nothing. And despite having a wife from WA, some okay sides can offer Mundy a lot more than we can. I still think he and McPharlin are our most integral players so I hope it isn't true, but...

Fyfe at the Hawks........No chance. This isn't buddy franklin we are talking about here.

He will be a one club player

Why would he want to leave?Along with Mundy.
Window is wide open for Freo to have success.
Can see both staying to be honest.
Mundy's already been pretty loyal to Freo. He's turned down some big offers. Didn't the Bombers offer him about a million a season a few years ago?

If he gets a premiership he'll owe us nothing. And as disappointing as it'll be, I can't entirely begrudge him if he decides to take off. One last mega pay day, the possibility that the club he takes off to will be a finals side, returning home... Gary Ablett left in a period greater than what Freo's will be. He did it for the money and lifestyle and that's what could sway Mundy, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's more of a chance of No Undy Mundy leaving than Avatar.

If No Undy Mundy goes, that's potentially 200 plus games of valuable experience in the bank.

Mundy's given Freo great service (my 2nd favourite Docker (No. 1 is Hasleby) since following the game) and maybe, apart from a flag, he's done all he's needed to do at the Dockers.

If he does decide to return to Victoria, which club would suit him?

Link

Geez, going to be interesting times at the Dockers in the next few months. The longer he puts it off, the more likely he's going to leave. GWS perhaps?

GWS only has cap room if none of the kids wants a raise.

And they've been training with Tom $cully for three years, so there is no chance of that.

If No Undy Mundy goes, that's potentially 200 plus games of valuable experience in the bank.

Mundy's given Freo great service (my 2nd favourite Docker (No. 1 is Hasleby) since following the game) and maybe, apart from a flag, he's done all he's needed to do at the Dockers.

David Mundy would be a good fit for Geelong. Given they've lost a stack of experience and following the retirements of their senior players, I'd imagine they'd have some spare cash in their salary.

He needs to go to a club that will be in their premiership window in the next 3-4 years and have salary cap room.

Richmond, although they do not have a heap of salary cap space (I think)
Hawks - Buddy left a big hole in their salary cap which he could use.
Collingwood - He would be perfect and would automatically turn them into a top 2 team. Should have the salary cap space after Daisy and Shaw left.

I doubt the bombers have the salary cap space, but he would be great addition to them as well.

Fyfe's no free agent and it would take at least 2 top 10 pick equivalents (picks or players) for Freo to even have a look.

The most likely scenario that would lead to Fyfe leaving was Freo being offered pick 1 and 2 which GWS could have done last year. I don't think he'll go anywhere. Absolute superstar, and will likely be one club player.

Fyfe probably just wants a chunk of the money Mundy will free up if he leaves and is happy to wait and see.

Fyfe's no free agent and it would take at least 2 top 10 pick equivalents (picks or players) for Freo to even have a look.
Pft, he could just nominate a club if he wanted to leave just like all those players from Brissie last year.

Fyfe could just go to GWS/18th in the PSD.

Obviously he won't. I'm just saying its possible given the option hadn't been mentioned in the thread.

Or play himself into some captain succeeding form.

If he was to come to Victoria, he'd go to Richmond as he was a Richmond fan before going to Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back