GAJ

Will you start with Gary Ablett?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* she is so far behind the eight ball it's amazing. I blame Wayne Carey.

Now, I can not get my head around that he was played.

I know Gaz has a lot of pull at the Gold Coast. Rumours everywhere last year about why McKenna was sacked, and which players were able to get the result they wanted.

Never did I think would they play Gaz if he was actually at increased risk of further damage. Thought he might start slow but build up fitness, build up mobility in the joint, build up strength - but still be 100% in terms of likelihood of re-injuring.

Ridiculous that he was played the first two rounds now that they've put him out indefinitely. Should be one or the other.

Gold Coast have a lot of growing up to do still.

Thinking POD's with this one now.

I can go Ablett & Goodes >> Mundy and Rich (via Saad DPP, finally gives me a way to get him on the field!)

Rich is set for a big year and will be an easy up to a fallen premo, where as Mundy has been immense the first two games, and IMO should've got more points than he did in Rd 1. Am I crazy for thinking Mundy can be top 10 mids this year?

I can go Ablett & Goodes >> Mundy and Rich (via Saad DPP, finally gives me a way to get him on the field!)

Rich is set for a big year and will be an easy up to a fallen premo, where as Mundy has been immense the first two games, and IMO should've got more points than he did in Rd 1. Am I crazy for thinking Mundy can be top 10 mids this year?

No not iat all, his ownership makes him a massive POD, i have done the same, I have decided to stick with Beams, get rid of Ablett and Will Langford and brought in Mundy and Sloane still leaves me about 220K cash to upgrade a defender or big cash cow next week, but one thing i did in the before the first round is nail the rookies, only had to bring in Vandenberg and looks likely I will have to get rid of Lambert, but happy with the rookies.

No not iat all, his ownership makes him a massive POD, i have done the same, I have decided to stick with Beams, get rid of Ablett and Will Langford and brought in Mundy and Sloane still leaves me about 220K cash to upgrade a defender or big cash cow next week, but one thing i did in the before the first round is nail the rookies, only had to bring in Vandenberg and looks likely I will have to get rid of Lambert, but happy with the rookies.

Yep...me thinking Mundy a good POD...also tossing up Ziebel in fwd line currently 1460

Mundy could be a very good pick up, I picked him up in 11' when he was firing, showed no signs of slowing down until he got injured, was averaging around 115 before that happened.

If he is in form, he can dominate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd 13 - 'Gaz Watch'
Rd 14 - 'Gaz Watch part 2: Should I or Shouldn't I'
Rd 15 - 'Gaz Watch part 3: I wish I could afford Gaz'
Rd 16 - 'Gaz Watch part 4: F@#% you all if you have Gaz'
Rd 17 - 'Gaz Watch part 5: I told you not to get Gaz. It was obvious he was injury prone and would re-do his shoulder. Can't believe you wasted two trades on him. Hahaha I'm the best, better than all of you, I stayed away. Call me Mr. Hindsight :rolleyes:

thoughts on Gaz? I didn't get a chance to watch him today, how did he look?
according to TS he'll be ~$683k with a BE of ~205

I didn't watch but 31 touches 3 goals and 3 tackles looks alright.

Krak is mooing again so I'm going to give them both a week to get closer in price and then reassess based on their scores

Since I already traded him back in yesterday, I'm hoping he pumps out a 180 next week and bottoms out at 670k ;)

Shoulder still looked a little sore. Ben Cunnington gave it a shove at a ball up in the first quarter and it looked like it hurt him.

Second half he looked like his old self though. The most impressive thing injury wise was his ability to fire out handballs while being tackled. I didn't notice him wince when he landed on his shoulder a couple of times when tackled

He definitely hasn't lost any of his ability while he's been away. He didn't really even look rusty

Really? At his starting price? I bet your arse was puckered at 1/4 time :$

Honestly, if he had of scored 60 I would have been ok with that as I traded him knowing that it could be the possibility. I had the cash available and would have used it on him sooner than later anyway. Thought I'd get in early as the potential rewards of having GAJ as a POD for a week or two outweighed a certain 50-100k two week price drop. I thought his game was better than the 124 points he scored. It should have been scored 140+ IMO, not that I'm gutted with 124.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back