GAJ

Will you start with Gary Ablett?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work, look I agree, but I don't.... Such is the GAJ conundrum. I have 50k in the bank. could easily early trade away salem in say round 6, for 150k ish and then another 200+k rookie and cripps for gaz (pending Cripps scores obv)
It's a tough call and there is a right answer, we just won't know until 2 or 3 rounds in what that answer is. It will end up being another "told you so" decision that hindsight will have the pleasure of delivering.

I'm not saying what you're looking at doing is wrong, just pointing out that it's not as straight forward as many believe. The big issue and a real winner for those that do have Gaz from round 1, is if he goes big from the start.

I can see clearly now the ASADA rain has gone
Everything just feels normal again, Hibberd in my back line has got me thinking clearly
No Ablett no supercoach lol
Ablett is back in contention for me

Gaz looking likley to play RD1 reminds of Selwood last year stuff all pre-season (injury scare) and came out and went BANG.
umm who to leave out.
Looks like Dr. Pete Larkins' track record of getting injury predictions wrong continues unabated. Also, a hat tip to SC Paige for ******* this one up (as per usual).

I myself never doubted the man and had him locked in the whole time since early October last season.

Looks like Dr. Pete Larkins' track record of getting injury predictions wrong continues unabated. Also, a hat tip to SC Paige for ******* this one up (as per usual).

I myself never doubted the man and had him locked in the whole time since early October last season.
All hail ole wise one. Seriously mate, you're a ******* legend, thanks for reminding us.

The only year to wisely not start GAJ will be the year after he retires but if ever there was a chance to take a punt on getting him 80-100k cheaper this is the year but that causes an inevitable trade used up, so start with him is the smart move anyway. Even a 200k saving isn't worth the stress of trying to chose a captain without him especially if your opponent has him. He has a nice 180 point melbourne game to warm up on too.

As hard as it is, I've decided not to go with him. I have no doubt his price will be affected and also would not be suprised to see him rested as he continues his recovery.

The 100k I save taking Fyfe allows me to upgrade a risky mid-pricers to a Griffen, Mitchell or Swallow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW was top 100 overall after the byes finishing 471st last year, I'm not taking him. Never even considered him in my drafts, and I was one the few that started with him in 2008 when he exploded getting me to top 100 that year and had him every year since.

Im starting him, he is worth the money and even if he goes down again you have the money to downgrade to any player you want. Is he my captain though ?? he is my VC at this stage

if he lines up in the centre for the first bounce, he's in
if he's on the bench or up forward, no deal
I hope you have a fast internet connection then for the split second trade after you see him line up on the field

I'm not starting him and this is my hope - which may or may not work.

I'm expecting/hoping he won't go 135+ in the first few weeks thus making the likes of Pendlebury, Fyfe, Kennedy and Selwood viable captain/VC alternatives.

I'm anticipating using one of Steven or Swallow (my other 2 mid premos) as a stepping stone around round 6-7. I'm hoping they will be fast starters this year. Preferably Steven because I hope to keep Swallow (and he has the R13 bye). Or I could just wait until the byes if he doesn't start bigging it up before then.

A year older, hasn't played for 8 months. He might bang out 150s from round 1, however I expect it will be about round 5 (if at all) will be the time he starts getting the mega scores that make him essential as a captains choice.

It's a risk of course, but so is selecting him. Not just for the slow start or the risk of re-injury. If I was Eade and GCS were up by 50 half way through the 3rd quarter would be really tempting to whack the vest on him so as to ease him back in.

It's a risk of course, but so is selecting him. Not just for the slow start or the risk of re-injury. If I was Eade and GCS were up by 50 half way through the 3rd quarter would be really tempting to whack the vest on him so as to ease him back in.

Problem with that is it could easily go the other way. 50 points up in the 3rd and hasn't had a lot of match time. Eades thoughts could be beauty let's give him an extended run in the guts to get his match fitness up while the heat isn't on and the match is over and in that situation he could rack up 15 touches and 2 goals in a quarter.

It's all just speculation at the moment.

Problem with that is it could easily go the other way. 50 points up in the 3rd and hasn't had a lot of match time. Eades thoughts could be beauty let's give him an extended run in the guts to get his match fitness up while the heat isn't on and the match is over and in that situation he could rack up 15 touches and 2 goals in a quarter.

It's all just speculation at the moment.

Sure but we'll have to lock him in or out before he touches the ball in anger so we have to make speculative decisions.

I wonder if fatigue increases the risk of re-injury? I'm not a doctor but if I was keeping him on when the result was a foregone conclusion I'd be looking at the other mids to take the load. Even uninjured I think we'd be getting Mitchell, Hodge etc out of the guts in a similar situation and get the likes of Langford and Anderson into the coalface.

Could you repeat that in English and not whatever yobbo pidgin language that is in?

It was a single typo. One letter, an 'o' instead of an 'i' in the word 'if'.

Yobbo pidgin language?

Better not make any typos mate I'll be reading carefully ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back