State of Origin Game 2: New South Wales v Queensland

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
I'm a closet fan. Some people try to compare League to AFL, which makes about as much sense as comparing it to cricket, coz they're so different

Absolutely.

Love both games with a passion and both for different reasons.

Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Bills, Ducks, Leafs
I'm a closet fan. Some people try to compare League to AFL, which makes about as much sense as comparing it to cricket, coz they're so different

Yup, I can watch all 3 footy codes with no issues - don't quite get the hate for one or the other that some seem to exhibit.

Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Bills, Ducks, Leafs
The game was pretty poor by the finish was great.

The main problem I thought was that the ref's didn't allow the play the ball to happen quickly enough (for either side). Lots of holding down in the tackle. I guess the ferocity of the hits didn't help much either. Things opened up in the end (as they do in most Origin games) thankfully.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Go Blues!! Joshy Reynolds you star! Woohoo!! Gonna love work tomorrow.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
To those people who continually look for reasons to bag the game I say go and get stuffed. Great night for the code.
Origin is supper I have watched Origin every year since about 2004, saying that still don't get in to the club games that much. Use to go to the Storm games but I don't think I have been since Izzy left

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

base615

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Chicago Bears
Certainly no worse than they were in Brisbane with that abysmal knock on call with a minute to go. They tried their best to gift the game to QLD up there so take your corrupt umpiring talk and shove it up your arses. Carn the Blues!

Back