Game day information leaked by Dogs player to Adelaide before Elimination Final

Remove this Banner Ad

You obviously didn't hear Luke Darcy's hysterics. He was quite clear the club were filthy on Talia and basically questioned his character.
So the Dogs should apologise to Talia for Luke Darcy's comments, a person who has no official affiliation with the club?
I will reiterate. Officially, we didn't even name it was Talia we'd referred.

So when is MT going to sue KC for slander? His "joke" caused MT so much angst and forced him to move interstate. MT should be suing the arse out of him!

Of course he will not, as Cheney wasn't joking or lying, the only thing he is guilty of is folding to a corrupt group of individuals and a corrupt organisation.

given he had no case to answer, has there been an apology to Talia from the dogs?

I was sure he was getting life based on the hysterics from dog people.

Maybe the apology should be from Cheney?? If we are to believe the official version this is the result of Cheneys stupidity. Maybe he should apologise to the Dogs and the Talia's?

Poor Michael has had a tough few weeks ... Cheney getting him in trouble with his wacky joke and losing his phone the poor guy

Think Stratton needs more heat. Bitch squealed like a 2nd grader trying to score scratch and sniffs from teach'.

Has Bevo pinpointed any passage of play, or any match ups that he had a "wtf how did they know" moment?

Like seriously, I was in awe of what the guy has done with this young list, but this petulant sooking don't become a great leader of men. Reckon he's done his dash already.
Any decent coach would have shrugged it off immediately and proceeded to lay focus on what the lads under his command could have done better in order to win that final.

Think Stratton needs more heat. Bitch squealed like a 2nd grader trying to score scratch and sniffs from teach'.

Has Bevo pinpointed any passage of play, or any match ups that he had a "wtf how did they know" moment?

Like seriously, I was in awe of what the guy has done with this young list, but this petulant sooking don't become a great leader of men. Reckon he's done his dash already.
Any decent coach would have shrugged it off immediately and proceeded to lay focus on what the lads under his command could have done better in order to win that final.

So what has Beveridge said publicly about this? Please elaborate.

So what has Beveridge said publicly about this? Please elaborate.
And besides it would have not even been his call. He might have been the first point of contact, but it wasn't his decision to refer it.

Weren't they not allowed to say anything while under investigation? Could that not be why Cheney didn't say anything for months? Or through the investigation was he saying one thing then changed what he was saying then they accepted that changed story as truth?

Oops, damn, there I go. I did it again.

It's simply absurd to think people don't delete texts.
Oh of course, especially when under investigation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh of course, especially when under investigation.
Might have been deleted even before the Bulldogs witch hunt. Regardless, it's also absurd to even consider that it would be ok to scrutinise a personal mobile phone in this petty non-event. This isn't a criminal case, it's a pretend beat up indignation by a club that lost. It's been a really pathetic carry on by the Bulldogs. Embarrassing to say the least.

I think this is one of those outcomes that allows everybody to read into it what confirms their own take on the matter.

Those who believe that there was never anything in it will point to Cheney being reprimanded and the Talias cleared, and the Bulldogs to an extent having kicked themselves out of it in the end (it was just as much a case of Adelaide capitalizing on their chances, particularly at the death).

Those who believe there was more to it will point to the timing of the loss of the mobile phone, the deletion of the texts and that Cheney didn't seem to indicate anything about a joke earlier in the piece, I guess.

For me, it highlights the fact that a fair few AFL investigations end up this way, with no real verdict being reached. They're pretty adept at it.

The highlight of this thread is the string of posters claiming to delete their texts.

Unlucky that Michael lost his phone too - poor guys could have proven that no texts were sent regarding the game and that Cheney truly is just a whacky prankster.

Unlucky that Michael lost his phone too - poor guys could have proven that no texts were sent regarding the game and that Cheney truly is just a whacky prankster.
1. How do you prove that they never exchanged any information? Do you get access to Daniel and Michael's entire conversation history? I'm sure there's some pretty personal stuff in there, that's a big invasion of privacy, especially if you're innocent. I'm sure most would tell their employer where to stick it if they wanted to read texts to their family.

2. Let's say they did hand their phones over, now you do realise that you can delete individual texts, right? If the AFL went through there and found completely unrelated conversation, do you really thing Dogs fans would accept it anyway? They'd just accuse them of deleting anything incriminating or exchanging it over a phone call.

Those who believe that there was never anything in it will point to Cheney being reprimanded and the Talias cleared, and the Bulldogs to an extent having kicked themselves out of it in the end (it was just as much a case of Adelaide capitalizing on their chances, particularly at the death).

Look at the public statements of the club - from the outset we have stated that we didn't believe what happened had any bearing on the result.

I like how the same people (not pointed at you btw) who are critical of our posters for inferring what the texts involved, are attacking the dogs as a club by inferring they have intentions that are completely at odds with their public stance.

Base hypocrisy, and I expect the next person who does it to justify themselves.

Might have been deleted even before the Bulldogs witch hunt. Regardless, it's also absurd to even consider that it would be ok to scrutinise a personal mobile phone in this petty non-event. This isn't a criminal case, it's a pretend beat up indignation by a club that lost. It's been a really pathetic carry on by the Bulldogs. Embarrassing to say the least.
I think the Crows fans in amongst these threads claiming that it's all just one big coincidence should be the ones embarrassed.

Maybe the apology should be from Cheney?? If we are to believe the official version this is the result of Cheneys stupidity. Maybe he should apologise to the Dogs and the Talia's?

Poor Michael has had a tough few weeks ... Cheney getting him in trouble with his wacky joke and losing his phone the poor guy
Yeah because nobody has ever lost their phone ever before in the history of the world... o_O

Cheney SHOULD apologise regardless.

I think the Crows fans in amongst these threads claiming that it's all just one big coincidence should be the ones embarrassed.
I have no idea WHAT happened... but I can't for the life of me think what information a second stringer player could possibly have that would be of any benefit to an opposing team (that that team couldn't find out by observation). And the fact is... the Bulldogs beat us everywhere but the scoreboard. They lost because of poor kicking. It really is as simple as that. As for the "official" story... it's as laughable as "We didn't tip off Essendon".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back