Multiplat Game of Thrones - A TellTale Games Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished the first episode.
**** Ramsay

******* bastard.

Pretty enthralling start. Tailored more to the show than the books but I think that's a big plus because it feels like anything could happen at any time. Just the kick I needed after finishing TWD too.

To those that have played it, a non-spoiler run down on how much it draws from the show/books?

My biggest fear for this game is it getting too involved with the main story arc and feeling a bit constricted by the events in the series.

To those that have played it, a non-spoiler run down on how much it draws from the show/books?

My biggest fear for this game is it getting too involved with the main story arc and feeling a bit constricted by the events in the series.

I've read the books, I've seen the show - I literally had no idea who the Forresters were beforehand. So far it feels very unconnected to absolutely any plots I can remember with the exception that this story begins at the Red Wedding. I think it would have been a better idea to set it around the time of Dunk & Egg, or any other time period, but doubtless that wouldn't have been as easy to sell without "Dracarys" and all that needed to market to fans.

It doesn't feel very constricted though. It feels like, at least with the new characters, that basically anything could happen to them without effecting the rest of the series.

Too many games...

One for the backlog thread, but FML.

Destiny
Mordor
GTA V Online
WWE 2K15
Minecraft PS4
Super Smash Bros
FIFA 15

FWIW $45 AUD on AU PSN, and $25 USD on US PSN, can't see any difference? Gee US PSN is a must.

Telltale are fast becoming one of my favourite devs. Think I'm just going to blindly buy whatever they put out. Enjoying this so far.

Wish I've had the chance to finish Wolf Among Us. Will happen one day.

Finished the first episode.
**** Ramsay

I quit and tried again, 1st time pushed the twin sister out of the way. 2nd time I said take me instead ... still the same ending

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't played the Walking Dead series (haven't watched the show) but have heard good things. Might give this a go, but since the PS4 doesn't have a trial I'm not sure whether to get one episode and try it or just go all in on the Season Pass and hope I like it. What sort of length are the episodes?

I haven't played the Walking Dead series (haven't watched the show) but have heard good things. Might give this a go, but since the PS4 doesn't have a trial I'm not sure whether to get one episode and try it or just go all in on the Season Pass and hope I like it. What sort of length are the episodes?

You have to buy the first episode separate to the season pass.

The full set will come out later.

Episode 1 is about $7

2 to 2 and a half hours maybe. I finished it in one sitting this morning but didn't time it.

That ending scared the s**t out of me. I hope Asher is as bad ass as he sounds.

I knew something bad was coming but it was a pure holy s**t moment. It was as jarring in a series where jarring is a common theme.

Telltale are fast becoming one of my favourite devs. Think I'm just going to blindly buy whatever they put out. Enjoying this so far.

Wish I've had the chance to finish Wolf Among Us. Will happen one day.

They're at the top of the pyramid for dramatic and engaging storytelling. Wolf Among Us looks deviously gorgeous. Am going to have to play that too.

They're at the top of the pyramid for dramatic and engaging storytelling. Wolf Among Us looks deviously gorgeous. Am going to have to play that too.

I've seen Wolf Among Us in the store before and never thought anything of it. Now I know it's a TellTale game, I want it ;)

I rate The Wolf Among Us above Walking Dead. Absolutely loved it.

From what people have been saying about this GoT series, despite not yet watching the show, I'll have to grab this series when it gets a little cheaper too.

What the hell are these things?

Is it a game or a show?

A bit like those old LucusArts adventure games like Monkey Island, mixed in with Mass Effect style conversation choices\actions that have repercussions in later games

Ultimately, you'd only be saving like 5 bucks anyway if you buy the Season Pass.

I've played both Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us so I know I won't be disappointed by whatever Telltale gives me, but I'll probably get them episode by episode because I can't spare the cash right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back