FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if watching Thronecast is a good idea - the host is annoying, and it's kind of s**t seeing Greyworm and Tommy as some pommy pricks.

greyworm was on again? must be needing publicity. was this the most recent episode? i havent watched the post rape one, i will do so.

the host seems hyper all the time. and top of her glasses bisects her eyeballs. and there's always some reflection. i like when the other bloke explains some of the history and detail about certain character/theme. its educational.

Season has been rubbish due to the writing. Everything that happened with Cersei in seasons past would have been a huge surprise but anyone could have seen it coming a mile away.

Where were her Lannister guards? She had them following her most of the show. Including her 'power is power' speech to Littlefinger in season 2.

Cersei has shown in the past she isn't so inept that she thinks she's safe out of her home. If anything she's the opposite historically she's surrounded herself with insulation to mask her own deficiencies.
Id say they would be outside by her cabin/carriage thing. Faith wouldnt have allowed them inside

2h7e3hx.jpg

So good.

On Thronecast they asked did Theon go to the tower only to find Ramsey there, or did he go straight to Ramsey....

I thought he went to the tower but you couldn't actually tell when I thought about it

On Thronecast they asked did Theon go to the tower only to find Ramsey there, or did he go straight to Ramsey....

I thought he went to the tower but you couldn't actually tell when I thought about it
Yeah i thought he went to the tower. Looked like he was walking up a curved staircase at one point, the kind they have in medieval towers

Season has been rubbish due to the writing. Everything that happened with Cersei in seasons past would have been a huge surprise but anyone could have seen it coming a mile away.
Ummm who says the season has been rubbish???? I think most have enjoyed it, storylines and characters are being further developed and building to some massivs shite about to go down....

I reckon they left it vague. it could be that Reek wanted to help Sansa but when he found Ramsay in the tower he had to act like he had deliberately gone to Ramsay. In which case he might help Sansa again.

BTW did you spot that Sansa picked up a sharp object and hid it away? Could be that next time Ramsay is in the throes of passion he gets it in the neck.

Last edited:
I would say he is the most sane character the show has had. After all in this world gods are real.

Are the Seven real though?

We've seen that the god of light is real, maybe the Sparrow is making a grave mistake and backing the wrong horse(s).

Well they said 'our favourite scissor sister'.... so she was either in the band or a prominent lesbian :D

But agree... she even said she doesn't read the books then went on a tangent about how the show has changed this and this etc
Thought the host handled it really well to be honest.
Yeah I think the host is great. The panel members are boring, are they UK celebrities? Needs more Jimmy Carr.

Yeah i thought he went to the tower. Looked like he was walking up a curved staircase at one point, the kind they have in medieval towers
He looked up at the broken tower, but never went there

It was supposed to be ambigous as he was walking up the stairs. But when he opened the door it was clear he didnt go to the broken tower.

The broke tower is the one where Cersei and Jamie were ******* in s01, so the room ramsay was in clearly wasnt the broken tower as it wasnt broken and run over by moss like the broken tower is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was busted, but my wife said straight away "Nah he's turned on Sansa" which makes more sense considering the explanation above.

Ghost, finally :D

Tommen still a little bitch

Glad Bronn didn't go out like that, the Sand Snake likey.

Surely Stannis won't sacrifice his daughter. But then again they had that scene together a few eps back, maybe setting up for the emotional punch..

Hope Tyrion sorts Dany out.

hahah EAD Cercie, your plan has backfired

Yeah she really is a dumb s**t, she also just threatened to kill the septa's, even if they didn't have her on all the stuff she did with Lancel (Incest, Adultery, Regicide) they've now got her on threatening the kill members of the faith for no reason.

Not even that - she spoke to Lancel after Tommen and Margery's wedding, how does she not realise that this cousin she was ****ing and conspiring against Robert with is now obviously a born again nutjob and has probably confessed everything she ever had him do to anyone in that organisation with ears.

Tywin said it best when he told her she's not as smart as she thinks she is. Should never be left in charge of anything, ever.

Cersei has shown in the past she isn't so inept that she thinks she's safe out of her home. If anything she's the opposite historically she's surrounded herself with insulation to mask her own deficiencies.

Her guards were probably waiting outside the sept. And we must be watching different shows -when has Cersei ever recognised her own deficiencies?

I thought he was busted, but my wife said straight away "Nah he's turned on Sansa" which makes more sense considering the explanation above.
Yeah. As soon as Sansa gave him the candle I facepalmed. Why on earth would she trust this guy who she believes killed her two little brothers?

Her guards were probably waiting outside the sept. And we must be watching different shows -when has Cersei ever recognised her own deficiencies?

She doesn't need to outwardly recognise her deficiencies to create a wall around herself. From day 1 she insulated herself with guards, advisers, using her name and her father whenever anyone challenged her.

She has always convinced herself she's something she's not by using everything at her disposal to shield herself from reality. Putting herself in an exposed position like that is completely out of character.

Yeah I think the host is great. The panel members are boring, are they UK celebrities? Needs more Jimmy Carr.
That Adam Garcia (aussie, coyote ugly... don't ask me how I know that) was on the other week.

There was a dude last week with a twirled up mo who was awesome

And in typical Cersei fashion she thought she was the one doing the manipulating the whole time. I'm going to miss that lovely smug smirk of hers. Now that Margaery and Cersei are locked up the smugness in KS just dropped by 200%.
I kept thinking she was going to fall on her own sword (no incest pun intended) to get her baby boy's wife out of prison to make him happy, but not yet.

its what the writers wanted, ambiguity and discussion post episode. the camera panned to the tower, nek minnut "yes reek?". was it THE tower, or a tower?

Ummm who says the season has been rubbish???? I think most have enjoyed it, storylines and characters are being further developed and building to some massivs shite about to go down....

Bluelegs said.

BTW did you spot that Sansa picked up a sharp object and hid it away? Could be that next time Ramsay is in the throes of passion he gets it in the neck.

yes. it looked like a corkscrew like this

20140402__0413winetrivia01~1.JPG

they did have aussie adam garcia on before. but he's like former neighbours actors, hanging around in uk being famous beacuse of an accent.

That Adam Garcia (aussie, coyote ugly... don't ask me how I know that) was on the other week.

There was a dude last week with a twirled up mo who was awesome

yeah, he was a pisser. went off on tangents and broke the 4th wall many times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back