FTA-TV Game of Thrones S05- No book talk, no spoilers, no alluding to anything that hasn't aired in Aust

Remove this Banner Ad

discuss your feelings at this moment

Cersei-GameOfThrones.jpg
is that bryce gibbs dragging cersei away?

I'm actually fine with that but I wish they were hinted at or alluded to by a few more characters before becoming such a force. I mean they're a pretty bold group, don't see why they wouldn't be willing to get into the faces of the upper class last season. Maybe they did and I just don't remember.

This is a new movement. Out of the war and the poverty of the previous years (first four seasons) the faith were reborn as more extremist and fantatical.

Led by the High Sparrow men in brown clokes start appearing around Kings Landing at the start of this season.

After witnessing the corruption and sinful nature of the previous High Septon (the pope like guy who was caught banging whores) the old leaders of the faith are killed. (Like episode one or two)

Then Cersie arms the faith militant (a portion of this new arm of the faith) that gives them the power to start tossing wine into the street and destroying brothels.

So to answer your question theyve only just come into existence.

The old faith was corrupt and sinful and the new faith is psychotic and extremist

This is a new movement. Out of the war and the poverty of the previous years (first four seasons) the faith were reborn as more extremist and fantatical.

Led by the High Sparrow men in brown clokes start appearing around Kings Landing at the start of this season.

After witnessing the corruption and sinful nature of the previous High Septon (the pope like guy who was caught banging whores) the old leaders of the faith are killed. (Like episode one or two)

Then Cersie arms the faith militant (a portion of this new arm of the faith) that gives them the power to start tossing wine into the street and destroying brothels.

So to answer your question theyve only just come into existence.

The old faith was corrupt and sinful and the new faith is psychotic and extremist

This is why I feel it's cheap. A group this large, becoming this powerful, so fast, in the way they did, even with Cersei's backing, seems a bit farfetched in Game of Thrones. I'm not saying they couldn't exist or gain so much power I just wish it was handled with a bit more finesse.

Sansa trying all she can to get out of that hell hole but seriously, trusting reek to help you? The guys has been completely tortured and is terrified of his master . Theon doesn't exist at all anymore. We all know the mammoth will rescue Sansa though.

So good to see cersi been put away but the high sparrow is a w***er IMO.

John snow has got to come to his senses soon and become John stark.

This is why I feel it's cheap. A group this large, becoming this powerful, so fast, in the way they did, even with Cersei's backing, seems a bit farfetched in Game of Thrones. I'm not saying they couldn't exist or gain so much power I just wish it was handled with a bit more finesse.
Its mostly born out of the crucible of refugeees and poverty. Kings landing is getting flooded with refugees from all over the country (mentioned a lot in small council meetings throughout the show) and the Crown isnt doing anything to help them.

Then the High Sparrow and his followers start feeding people and healing people (as we saw earlier when the High Sparrow was first seen) and these refugees find purpose by becoming his extemist followers

The show hasnt articulated it excellently but you can see the themes and story behind their sudden rise

Sansa trying all she can to get out of that hell hole but seriously, trusting reek to help you? The guys has been completely tortured and is terrified of his master . Theon doesn't exist at all anymore. We all know the mammoth will rescue Sansa though.

So good to see cersi been put away but the high sparrow is a ****** IMO.

John snow has got to come to his senses soon and become John stark.

Considering the way this season has gone Brienne will be captured and imprisoned.

Stannis' wife will kill his daughter, the kingsblood will provide a sunny ride to Winterfell, the season will end with Brienne being in the same place as Stannis.

Shes an idiot then. And characters making stupid decisions just to advance the plot is poor writing.

characters making stupid decisions is common in this show.... and it normally only ends one way....

17h4jfbolbrvdpng.png

I get what you mean. To me GoT is the story of the aristocracy often at the expense of the common, everyday person that the faith has sprung up from so when they seemingly came out of the blue I take that to mean the ruling class and houses weren't paying them any attention, not that they weren't around.

terrific post. what's happening in KL has parallels with where Dany is. uprising of the downtrodden. the sparrow pope guy said it well - We are the many. And when the many stop fearing the few

reminds me of this

I am quite jealous of that sand snakes boobs.

you want her boos?

Its mostly born out of the crucible of refugeees and poverty. Kings landing is getting flooded with refugees from all over the country (mentioned a lot in small council meetings throughout the show) and the Crown isnt doing anything to help them.

tony abbott isn't sure he likes this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a large part of the reason why the faith have risen to such power so quickly, is there is no strong leadership in Kings Landing. Wouldn't have happened if Robert or Joffery (Tywin) were in charge. Plus there's really no Kings counsel to speak of.
Plus they have been given power now...

Just because we didn't see them before doesn't mean they weren't there in Kings Landing slowly quietly building numbers

The faith was always there compare it to the Catholics in the real world if all of a sudden you told them they could have guns and basically become their own police force and enforce their own laws i'm sure we would have issues with them as well

The faith was always there compare it to the Catholics in the real world if all of a sudden you told them they could have guns and basically become their own police force and enforce their own laws i'm sure we would have issues with them as well

tony abbott likes this

I think a large part of the reason why the faith have risen to such power so quickly, is there is no strong leadership in Kings Landing. Wouldn't have happened if Robert or Joffery (Tywin) were in charge. Plus there's really no Kings counsel to speak of.

Yep.

Kings Landing's greatest minds were Tywin, Little Finger, Varys and Tyrion - while he was a part of the counsel, and all four of them are either dead, defected, or have been absent from the city during all of this. Cersei is the "strongest" leader now and she's been actively supporting them but she was too arrogant to realize just how well High Sparrow has played her.

I'm actually fine with that but I wish they were hinted at or alluded to by a few more characters before becoming such a force. I mean they're a pretty bold group, don't see why they wouldn't be willing to get into the faces of the upper class last season. Maybe they did and I just don't remember.

Idk I'm really not a fan of this season. Half of the interesting characters are imprisoned. Tyrion's story has, until last week, literally been getting from point a to point b, Bronn and Jaime's save the princess story hasn't really amounted to much, I hate the sand snakes, and up until last week Stannis and Jon were just sitting around Castle Black doing nothing. A lot of characters are making stupid decisions for the sake of the plot and not their character. It's becoming frustrating to watch for mine.

Until this week, you mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back