FTA-TV GAME OF THRONES season 4 ( NO book spoilers )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! For my birthday i was given the full box set of the books... All those answers (or more questions?) are just sitting there on my bookshelf. Do I read ahead? Will it ruin the show or make it even better? :confused:

Curiosity may get the better of me. Can you just pick up book 4 from watching the TV series and not miss too much or do you really have to start from the beginning? No spoilers of course...

This is literally the hardest decision of my life ;)
Advice I was given, is that it's best to watch the series first, then read the books.

This way you get the story in all its epicness on TV, but then get to go back and fill in all the gaps and get the extra storylines later.

This makes the most sense as it would be really annoying to watch and anticipate an event that doesn't make it into the show.

Personally, I find it hard to find motivation to read something though where I already know what will happen.

I have almost caught up. But I am definitely not going ahead on the books.

I like the books very much, but I actually think the show does a better job, and I know it will ruin it if I keep reading

Though I strongly disagree on the show doing a better job (there were some downright ridiculous things the past season), but to put it simply; reading the books will ultimately mean you never get the most out of the show, watching the show means you will never get the full impact of the books.

So really depends in what you want, the story itself is the most important to me as it is such a well crafted world so reading the books before the tv show is what I've gone with.

Going to be tough though, spoilers are going to be a huge pain to avoid. Might need to have a self imposed social media ban.

Though I strongly disagree on the show doing a better job (there were some downright ridiculous things the past season), but to put it simply; reading the books will ultimately mean you never get the most out of the show, watching the show means you will never get the full impact of the books.

So really depends in what you want, the story itself is the most important to me as it is such a well crafted world so reading the books before the tv show is what I've gone with.

Going to be tough though, spoilers are going to be a huge pain to avoid. Might need to have a self imposed social media ban.
yeah I agree with you. Usually I will always say the book is better. But I enjoy the impact of the show - I think it's done a better job that way. However, that's no doubt because I started with the show, not vice versa

yeah I agree with you. Usually I will always say the book is better. But I enjoy the impact of the show - I think it's done a better job that way. However, that's no doubt because I started with the show, not vice versa

the show gives you realism. whereas the book can open you up to a whole lot of interpretations

the show gives you realism. whereas the book can open you up to a whole lot of interpretations

Actually that's one of the more frustrating things with the show, there were some very unrealistic 'hollywood' scenes in season 4. Probably the worst offender was Yara marching into the Dreadfort, being found out, and then just waltzing out. Terribly flimsy and awkward.

Actually that's one of the more frustrating things with the show, there were some very unrealistic 'hollywood' scenes in season 4. Probably the worst offender was Yara marching into the Dreadfort, being found out, and then just waltzing out. Terribly flimsy and awkward.

release the hounds

^^ ban please.

This is an official show cast preview .... right? It's following the show's release timelines, and has nothing to do with anybody who is ahead. I'd suggest you don't click this: play button.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an official show cast preview .... right? It's following the show's release timelines, and has nothing to do with anybody who is ahead. I'd suggest you don't click this: View attachment 70095

i clicked the button in your post

Game-of-Thrones-Crying.gif

Is the Hound dead or not?

Can a book reader answer this for me with a spoiler tag…..I need to know!
I don't think he is, it's not like the show to kill a popular character off screen.

Is the Hound dead or not?

Can a book reader answer this for me with a spoiler tag…..I need to know!

You know you can Google the answer. However

It is not 100% conclusive either way. There are some who think he is and others who think he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back