FTA-TV GAME OF THRONES season 4 ( NO book spoilers )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah except around the coast it looks like a lot of s**t land not worth fighting for. Hordes of Dothraki raiders would make it pretty hard to rule too.

5c1e48cbb3611b1c9518f4b33a11b7b5.jpg

There has been a lot of criticism online about the rape scene between Jaime and Cersei, but I really don't understand the backlash it's received. It was shocking and seemingly out of character for Jaime's recent progression to being a better person, but I thought it was completely "understandable" given his situation and history with Cersei. He has been emasculated by having his hand chopped off, lost respect from his father and his lover has completely barred him since he returned ...

Obviously, I'm not saying the rape was understandable, just that his character doing it was.

What did everyone else think?

Was the criticism from mostly women?

There has been a lot of criticism online about the rape scene between Jaime and Cersei, but I really don't understand the backlash it's received. It was shocking and seemingly out of character for Jaime's recent progression to being a better person, but I thought it was completely "understandable" given his situation and history with Cersei. He has been emasculated by having his hand chopped off, lost respect from his father and his lover has completely barred him since he returned ...

Obviously, I'm not saying the rape was understandable, just that his character doing it was.

Given it's a medieval style setting only half wits would think that this sort of thing didn't exist in such times.

I'm sure we'd find that these same people offering up their critcism didn't give a toss (pun intended) when Theon had his dick cut off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given it's a medieval style setting only half wits would think that this sort of thing didn't exist in such times.

I'm sure we'd find that these same people offering up their critcism didn't give a toss (pun intended) when Theon had his dick cut off.

A whole lot of s**t much worse than that has happened in the last year, let alone medieval times. Some people just live in lala land.

Plenty of book readers are pissed off because it consensual in the book; it seems like an unnecessary and stupid alteration.

That does seem like an odd choice then considering they've been positioning Jaime more sympathetically lately.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with it now then; whether Cersei will be pissed at him or whether she will begrudgingly love it like a 1930's romance film.

This statement/question is not meant to offend anyone, but was it really rape in the end?

He definitely was trying to force her/rape her at the start but then she seemed to sort of get into it. Maybe I wasn't watching properly.

The whole thing with those two is just so weird/odd/icky.

This statement/question is not meant to offend anyone, but was it really rape in the end?

He definitely was trying to force her/rape her at the start but then she seemed to sort of get into it. Maybe I wasn't watching properly.

The whole thing with those two is just so weird/odd/icky.
She was saying 'no' repeatedly, I think that's a bit of a give away. :p

Yeah i need to watch it again. My wife was distracting me by complaining about how ick it is with those two.
You're lucky, my girlfriend was distacting me by telling me how she was totally into it. :drunk:

I don't understand the appeal of Westeros. If I had dragons I'd be ruling the other continent; nicer weather, more developed, no impending doom - what gives?

Natalie Dormer resides in Westeros.... it's the only reason really. Dani and Natalie to be queen and queen of Westeros? Westeros says yes.

As for the episode:

Littlefinger is a pervert creep.

I really shouldn't be surprised that there was a scene involving a man raping his sister next to the dead body of their illegitimate child.

New Daario still has nothing on old Daario.

Prince Oberryn is going to do something huge this season, genuine badass.

Tywin is seedy.... very suspicious

Does anyone really care about Sam and Gilly?

Most disappointing was the animosity between Arya and the Hound. I like to picture them like in that scene from Step Brothers - "We're here to * s**t up" *queue gangster music*

when jaime cursed the gods into guiding him in loving one so evil, i felt he started to descend into a mild form of madness but at the same time realising how wrong the situation is.

basically his life is turning to s**t, and he needed an outlet. i dare say cerseis cries and screams of defiance just made him want it more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back