FTA-TV Game of Thrones - Season 5 [WARNING: BOOK READERS ONLY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good post but disagree on Dorne, Jamie would be mad to go back there now.

He'd just be taken hostage and would be gift-wrapping Trystane back to them.

Don't think he'd be taken hostage if he went back to Doran, he seems pretty genuine about wanting to make it work and he'd be pissed the Trystane on the small council plan is ruined if nothing else. But yeah you're right, Jamie would lose Trystane as a hostage though. The more I think about it the more grey it becomes as to what Jamie should do.

Still think it was fairly dumb on Ellaria and the sand snakes' part. They'll now be fugitives in Dorne but more importantly have also given Trystane up for death assuming Jamie keeps him - he's Doran's heir in the show assuming no Quentyn, right?

Last edited:

Really? Thought it looked fine. Always find it strange the amount of complaints about the CG in this show, its easily the best VFX on tv.
It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen but it just looked silly to me, Lena Headey's head just sort of floating above the body in a different colour. Maybe it's one of those things that once you notice it and it bugs you then it's hard to like it. Or maybe I was less distracted by the body? Haha.

The rest of the VFX have been great though, no complaints from me.

Having sat down and watched it properly there was a lot I liked about the season i.e. Tyrion getting to Dany faster and no Penny the dwarf crap and there was a lot I didn't like i.e. Mereen not under siege, no Pink Letter, cutting Arianne Martell out, Jaime's journey to the Riverlands replaced, Aegon MIA (seems too important in the books for him to be cut completely).

Good in parts but a lot they could have included to make it better. As always despite my complainants and whinges about the season, I'll of course be tuning in next year no matter what but I just struggle to muster up the same enthusiasm as I did a few seasons ago.

Jus watched a video by Emergency Awesome on youtube re: s06 casting.

The guy is a little awkward but has a good grip on westeros and the news about the show.

Youtube
Emergency Awesome Game of Thrones Season 6 Cast Breakdown to watch it.

Most important cliffs i took where

1. A rutheless pirate character is sought - clearly Euron greyjoy, it will be good to see the iron born again and glad that story line isnt completely cut as I want to know more about those horns

2. Three young brown haired boys sparring with wooden swords - possible young Eddard Stark flashbacks through a weirwood tree

3. A great swordsman - they are specifically looking for the best swordsmen in europe to come on and film about 10 days worth of combat footage - there arent any great swordsman alive in Westeros any more so this means this has to be a flash back as well - possible Arthur Dayne - could this be a ToJ flashback, and if so would we see Eddard and Howland Reed in this flashback aswell

4. Two characters with northern accents, one giant of a man and the other tactical - Small Jon Umber and Wynan Manderly?

5. A "father" who was won of the greatest soldiers in Westeros eith his wife, son and a daughter - Randyll Tarly? The daughter isnt in the books but this could be a show addition

6. A salt of the earth former soldier now a religious man who goes around on a pilgramage to Kings landing sort of deal - could this be whats his name, the lead priest from the Quiet Isle and therefore a possible Gravedigger tie in (clegane bowl get hype?!)

There was also some dothraki types and a few other minor castins like a priestess and such

2. Three young brown haired boys sparring with wooden swords - possible young Eddard Stark flashbacks through a weirwood tree

3. A great swordsman - they are specifically looking for the best swordsmen in europe to come on and film about 10 days worth of combat footage - there arent any great swordsman alive in Westeros any more so this means this has to be a flash back as well - possible Arthur Dayne - could this be a ToJ flashback, and if so would we see Eddard and Howland Reed in this flashback aswell

Hell yes!

A Tower of Joy flashback would probably get me back on board.

Fairly sure the Northern characters won't be any Umbers or Manderlys. Seems a bit late for that now?

Rickon still has a big part to play which would tie in Mandwrly and Davos at White Harbor? Possibly i dunno
Well I certainly hope so, but my thinking is that if any major northerners were going to be brought in in any decent capacity, it would've been in the aftermath of the RW.

1. A rutheless pirate character is sought - clearly Euron greyjoy, it will be good to see the iron born again and glad that story line isnt completely cut as I want to know more about those horns

tumblr_inline_mopyxqmrFy1qz4rgp.jpg

wdsQ5.jpg

6. A salt of the earth former soldier now a religious man who goes around on a pilgramage to Kings landing sort of deal - could this be whats his name, the lead priest from the Quiet Isle and therefore a possible Gravedigger tie in (clegane bowl get hype?!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a Manderly at the Red Wedding in the show. Not mentioned by name, but he's wearing a mermaid badge and he's pretty fat, so he could have been Wendel.

McShane in any role is inspired casting. I think he'd be particularly terrific as Damphair in a universe where they also managed to cast James Purefoy as Euron and Ray Stevenson as Victarion.

i would want ray stevenson to be either randyl tarly or victarion. whichever of those guys is gonna get more screen time.

McShane will almost certainly be Euron judging from that article that says he doesn't have a whole lot of screentime but is an important character.

McShane will almost certainly be Euron judging from that article that says he doesn't have a whole lot of screentime but is an important character.

I think he could be Randyll Tarly, Euron will get more episodes IMO. I could be wrong, but expecting Randyll to be in 1-2 episodes and Euron a lot more.

Interesting that HBO execs said 8 seasons is confirmed and a potential prequel series (They should make a Robert Rebellion two part movie instead of a TV series). Wonder if they'll bring back previously thought cut characters like Aegon/Lady Stoneheart?

I think he could be Randyll Tarly, Euron will get more episodes IMO. I could be wrong, but expecting Randyll to be in 1-2 episodes and Euron a lot more.

Interesting that HBO execs said 8 seasons is confirmed and a potential prequel series (They should make a Robert Rebellion two part movie instead of a TV series). Wonder if they'll bring back previously thought cut characters like Aegon/Lady Stoneheart?
I just can't see how Randyll Tarly could be brought in to be an 'important' character in the show.

I just can't see how Randyll Tarly could be brought in to be an 'important' character in the show.

Yeah you might be right, I'm just spitballing. Sam has told his story about his father kicking him out though, so they could meet again and sam is like 'sup dad I'm badass now', hence him being important in Sams arc. I'd just be disappointed if Euron only gets two episodes this season, although with 8 seasons they might have the Kingsmoot late s6?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back