Strategy Game plan, positioning and everything else.

Troystenvic

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Just checked and we are currently 16th in centre clearances, only ahead of Melbourne and Essendon. We are also 8th in clearances around the ground despite being 3rd in stoppages.

We also have the dubious honour of being 2nd in the AFL in clangers, with only Gold Coast beating us.

Considering we are second on the ladder there is lots of upside with being poor in these areas. A small tweak here or there and the scope for much better results is immense.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
After watching tonights game I am convinced about several things

- Richards and Shaw are finished
- We look better with two proper ruckmen in the side
- Tippett and Reid perform a lot worse when they are forced to pinch hit.

So thinking about it what do people think about this team

B Nick Smith, Sam Reid, Zak Jones
HB Jeremy Laidler, Heath Grundy, Dane Rampe
C Jarrad McVeigh, Josh P. Kennedy, Jake Lloyd
HF Luke Parker, Lance Franklin, Lewis Jetta
F Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett, Issac Heeney
FOL Mike Pyke, Kieren Jack, Tom Mitchell
I/C Dan Hannebery, Harry Cunningham, Dean Towers, Toby Nankervis

With the removal of Richards and the addition of Nankervis the Swans are actually no taller than before but for some reason I feel like this would be a more balanced team. It would also mean we have two ruckmen and that means Tippett can play as a full time forward.

After watching tonights game I am convinced about several things

- Richards and Shaw are finished
- We look better with two proper ruckmen in the side
- Tippett and Reid perform a lot worse when they are forced to pinch hit.

So thinking about it what do people think about this team

B Nick Smith, Sam Reid, Zak Jones
HB Jeremy Laidler, Heath Grundy, Dane Rampe
C Jarrad McVeigh, Josh P. Kennedy, Jake Lloyd
HF Luke Parker, Lance Franklin, Lewis Jetta
F Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett, Issac Heeney
FOL Mike Pyke, Kieren Jack, Tom Mitchell
I/C Dan Hannebery, Issac Heeney, Dean Towers, Toby Nankervis

With the removal of Richards and the addition of Nankervis the Swans are actually no taller than before but for some reason I feel like this would be a more balanced team. It would also mean we have two ruckmen and that means Tippett can play as a full time forward.
Heeney so good he can play forward pocket and on the bench at once?

Ah crap I knew I would screw up somewhere when making that list.
All good

I still dont think we can have Goodes, Nankervis, Tippett, Franklin and Pyke all in the one side. Too tall and slow. We foxed our height issue when Reid mostly plays defense

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
All good

I still dont think we can have Goodes, Nankervis, Tippett, Franklin and Pyke all in the one side. Too tall and slow. We foxed our height issue when Reid mostly plays defense

But we wouldn't be any taller than we currently are if Richards is taken out of the team, Reid is moved into defence and Nankervis is brought is as a second ruckman?

But we wouldn't be any taller than we currently are if Richards is taken out of the team, Reid is moved into defence and Nankervis is brought is as a second ruckman?
Slow in the forward line? Also whilst Reid is in good form he still works better loose or as a third tall at the moment. Next year fulltime CHB

Reid though can even run through the middle

Nanka moved pretty well for a big man but him tippett pyke all slow and there is no swingman there
.if they abolished the sub rule however

Back