Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

10429411_822127247823308_8696813880928332206_n.jpg

GDV - still firing despite loss. Plenty of West Coast fans both SA based and travelling fans enjoying a post game brew and the traditional Port Adelaide Hospitality - just like plenty of Sturt supporters did yesterday at the Port Club after the Maggies won yesterday.

Plenty of ladies on the dance floor dragging their men and kids upto the dance floor the last hour or so. I dont know whether so many people should be in such a good mood after a loss.. And the rain has set in so we have to settle in and have a good time I guess.

GDV - still firing despite loss. Plenty of West Coast fans both SA based and travelling fans enjoying a post game brew and the traditional Port Adelaide Hospitality - just like plenty of Sturt supporters did yesterday at the Port Club after the Maggies won yesterday.

Plenty of ladies on the dance floor dragging their men and kids upto the dance floor the last hour or so. I dont know whether so many people should be in such a good mood after a loss.. And the rain has set in so we have to settle in and have a good time I guess.

Awesome to hear, REH.

Where were you sitting today? :)

Awesome to hear, REH.

Where were you sitting today? :)
My mate from Thomas Foods invited me into their corporate box on level 4 - one aisle to your right. My sister, her best friend and my cousin were in our seats. I saw you and them from the box. Watched the first and last quarter properly but experienced the full entertainment in between.

Last edited:
Right, so went to the game day village yesterday before the game. Was packed. Hard to get a drink. What I did notice and found a little disappointing was that the bar staff were copping a fair bit of abuse from some of the punters. I then witnessed another dude start screaming at some guys in a food van because this other chick who must have ordered after him got her Hot Dog precisely 10 seconds before he did. You cant stop bogans being bogans, but yeah, people need to lighten the * up.

Right, so went to the game day village yesterday before the game. Was packed. Hard to get a drink. What I did notice and found a little disappointing was that the bar staff were copping a fair bit of abuse from some of the punters. I then witnessed another dude start screaming at some guys in a food van because this other chick who must have ordered after him got her Hot Dog precisely 10 seconds before he did. You cant stop bogans being bogans, but yeah, people need to lighten the **** up.

It was packed... not sure if they have a head limit but could hardly move in there. Cheap drinks though once you finally got to the bar......winning!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GdV is being scaled back to just WMB area for next home game as there is some winter tennis tournament on. But will be back for the Friday game against Geelong.

GdV is being scaled back to just WMB area for next home game as there is some winter tennis tournament on. But will be back for the Friday game against Geelong.

lol

Saturday night game.

Tennis SA should shelve the tourney and let us do jello shooters on the court/Evonne Goolagong's tummy

lol

Saturday night game.

Tennis SA should shelve the tourney and let us do jello shooters on the court/Evonne Goolagong's tummy
Its over several days so we dont have time to set it up before the game.

Was too packed to go in at 3pm yesterday. Still decided to get a few pies to take in to the game. need someone selling soft drink at the entrance too. Unfortunately had to buy my Coke from the SMA.

Now that is a good idea. A couple of big plastic containers with ice and softies next to the pie cart.

I got into the GDV, with my daughter, just after 1pm when it opened and stayed 'till about 3:15 or so. Felt bad as I had been having a text conversation with a mate of mine who was running a few minutes late and said that I would meet him where we normally sit in the Western Stand (unreserved).

So after being very selfish, and availing myself of more than a few $5 pints I headed into the ground after finding out my mate had headed into the ground and saved us seats. Not where we normally sit though but still OK.

I will make it up to him, and his Mum and kids, next game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back