Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember last year the limit was close to 200 Imo
650 was the limit last year and they reached that many times both before and after the game once it had been opened for a couple of games and word spread. The Hawks game last year was the first game it opened.

Calling REH - any word re opening time of the GDV on Sunday? Did you get to speak with DB at the club about it?

Calling REH - any word re opening time of the GDV on Sunday? Did you get to speak with DB at the club about it?
No I didnt go in to the club but have left a message with him. If he responds I will post in here.

No I didnt go in to the club but have left a message with him. If he responds I will post in here.
Thanks REH - see what malcheski posted - let's hope there are no late changes to the stated midday opening of the GDV on Sunday.

Thanks REH - see what malcheski posted - let's hope there are no late changes to the stated midday opening of the GDV on Sunday.
Yeah, I asked him to confirm the times and if people have to show their membership cards like last week.

Yeah, I asked him to confirm the times and if people have to show their membership cards like last week.

Just thinking outside of the square.

I'm noe expert, but aren't there slightly different rules around public bars (pubs) and member clubs, such that at member clubs guests are meant to sign in etc.
Is it possible the club allowing members only would be some kick on effect of the license conditions being forced on us - ie we can open as a members only facility but not a public "bar" ?

This seems to be the case in NSW etc with sporting clubs.

Just thinking outside of the square.

I'm noe expert, but aren't there slightly different rules around public bars (pubs) and member clubs, such that at member clubs guests are meant to sign in etc.
Is it possible the club allowing members only would be some kick on effect of the license conditions being forced on us - ie we can open as a members only facility but not a public "bar" ?

This seems to be the case in NSW etc with sporting clubs.
Yeah I thought of that earlier this week but signing in at clubs is all about income tax and pokies revenue. There is an income tax practice that subscriptions from members, memberships contributions, payments from members for services are exempt income of clubs and associations. Its called the Mutuality Principle ie you cant profit from yourself but only from external sources. Footy clubs get tax exempt status under a specific section of the Income Tax Assessment Act.

When Pokies were set up in NSW in the 1950's the licensed club had to be separate legal entity from the football club, which was tax exempt, so the licensed club could claim exempt income from members spending at the licensed club. So signing into RSL clubs and licensed clubs in NSW and SE Qld was all about the licensed club being able to justify which of its income was tax exempt under the Mutuality Principle and what was subject to income tax. It is a relatively straight forward apportionment system as the member would be counted when they enter and the guest would be accounted for by signing in. As far as I know we have never had this sign in system in SA.

12 noon opening and no restrictions says the TXT I received from DB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

650 was the limit last year and they reached that many times both before and after the game once it had been opened for a couple of games and word spread. The Hawks game last year was the first game it opened.
What a night, last time I had a drink....

CKUAa1sUAAAKeU8.jpg:large

Was talking to someone who went to ANZ Stadium for a footy game last year, and not only do they only sell light beer there, the licensing agreement of the stadium is such that the local pub near by is also only allowed to sell light beer before, during and after the game.

Would be interesting to know what sort of a orofit we make from the GDV.

Then again it might be beat to keep it quiet.

Im not all that sure that the DJ is required to have his tunes cranked to 11 pre game where people want to meet and discuss the up-coming match!!

Background music would be spot on IMO!!!

POST game is where the DJ can turn it up for patrons to dance and "party" on the dance floor!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back