Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interesting to know what sort of a orofit we make from the GDV.

Then again it might be beat to keep it quiet.

Loose lips sink ships and that sort of thing. ;)
Matthew Richardson said (at the Club 1870 event last week) that we don't make much money from the GDV, and that it's pretty much put on for the enjoyment of the fans/members.

Matthew Richardson said (at the Club 1870 event last week) that we don't make much money from the GDV, and that it's pretty much put on for the enjoyment of the fans/members.
Thats interesting, I thought it'll be a huge money maker..

Come on ... drink more you guys!

He'd be playing coy, surely. That said our margins wouldn't be flash, there's three barwenches, middle-aged DJ (MC Type-2 Diabetes) and that guy who counts entrants afoot

The SMA struggle to break even at $10 a beer so how to people expect Portz Powas to make a profit at $5 a beer.

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure the $MA don't have the luxury of us picking up 100% of their tab while they collect nowt but profit no mo'

The SMA struggle to break even at $10 a beer so how to people expect Portz Powas to make a profit at $5 a beer.
That's because they pay the SANFL a $2 to $2.50 commission on that beer in footy season and same commission to the SACA in cricket season. That's where the real profit is as well as having to passing on 100% of the 1,455 Stadium Club membership monies, the 32 x 18 people corporate boxes to the 2 bodies and last year it was 100% of the membership fees for the AOSMA footy memberships, with this year the clubs only splitting the increased membership amounts.

We are making a small profit on the GDV per game. If we make $10k per game we are doing well. The real value for the club is we are doing something you wont find at any other ground in Oz and trying to relicate what happened at Alberton/Port Club before the move from Footy Park to AO.

SMA applying real pressure for it to be closed down for 2016. Leaning on the tennis association apparently.
While that doesn't surprise me.

Olsen is the biggest two faced campaigner trying to get some free publicity today with the great man Russell Ebert.
He is really just putting the knives in from behind! Stinking SMA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hope us supporters would be smart enough enough to find another pre game meeting spot if they did. I wonder if the club could buy a licence on the other side of the River and open its own establishment.

If it closes in 2016, that is another progressive venture lost at the hands of backward *******tery. Should it happen, I expect vocal and unified backash to the point the SMA are made to be redfaced and forced to backflip.

I'd hope us supporters would be smart enough enough to find another pre game meeting spot if they did. I wonder if the club could buy a licence on the other side of the River and open its own establishment.
While that would be an ok replacement it wouldn't be anyway as good as it is now.
I like being able to duck in for a few beers and a bit of food while the masses leave via the bridge, then walk over later when the crowd has disappeared.
Also I think it would be a struggle to quickly chug a beer and be back to my seat in the half time break if I had to run another 400-500m each way.

For me the GDV is the icing on the cake pre and post game I hope it stays as it is.

There is no place close by that can hold 2,500 people. why invest in bricks and mortar and or leasehold for 11 home games a year + 2 or 3 other games.

Pubs arent a great investment at the moment. Thats why the GDV is such a great set up for the club that cant really be replicated elsewhere for the same risk reward tradeoff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back