Garlick Resigns...

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know what to think.

Fall guy for the events of October?

I'd suggest probably the opposite...he may have wanted to depart at the end of the season, but couldn't due to the McCartney/Griffen situation.
I see.

Doesn't seem like all that long ago that his contract was extended.

Interesting timing...
Perhaps GWS want to offer him a contract double what he was getting with us.... Tell us that he isn't leaving for money just wants a change.... then have us pay for 3/4 of the contract under our coaching cap! (sound familiar?)

Hmmm very odd timing given we had a press conference this morning to announce the leadership team.
Not sure what to actually make of him leaving (I thought he was doing OK) but from the outside it just looks like the club might not have expected it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see.

Doesn't seem like all that long ago that his contract was extended.

I could be well wide of the mark, however...

Of concern is the lack of "leaving for another opportunity in the corporate world..." or words to that effect...which on further reflection makes it read more like a sacking than a resignation.

Hmmm very odd timing given we had a press conference this morning to announce the leadership team.
Not sure what to actually make of him leaving (I thought he was doing OK) but from the outside it just looks like the club might not have expected it.

They always seem to issue a good news story to try to deflect from the bad/controversial news about to hit.

Clearly a sacking where they gave him the option of saving face. Its not like he has alternative career options. I'll bet my left nut Gordon has been out headhunting and we will have someone new soon.

I'm hearing this has been coming for a while as Gordon actually spoke to Greg Swann last year to see what his availability was.

Gordon was not at all impressed with Garlick and his inability to make hard calls.

I'm also hearing Gordon has someone lined up from another sport but no idea who or what sport yet

Probably pushed by Gordon, didn't thank his support in the statement.

Odd timing, given the team leadership announcement. That's not going to stop reports about continuing upheaval at the club.
It's already been reported as "Garlick’s departure continues a tumultuous off-season for the Dogs".
Having said that, I thought Garlick was a lacklustre CEO and needed to be replaced with someone a little more dynamic, so we'll just cop some more flak and move on to greener pastures, hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back