News Gary Ablett contract news - At the Gold Coast until 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this. 3 more years watching the best player in the game light up metricon stadium.
Do yourself a favour gold coast community and buy a membership and come and see a once in a lifetime player. image.jpg

Looking at pushing the 350 game bracket by the end of 2018!!
Gaz would be 34 by the end of that..
Nothing says he couldnt go around again..
Has stated before he wants to play as-long as his body lets him..
Saying few more years in the midfield then another handful at full forward.. Yes please gaz!!
Boomer harvey style.. Push towards 400 games and 200 with the Suns
Can deffinetly see another 2 brownlows coming atleast!

My ******* goodness, I almost blacked out because I thought I read 'resign'. No joke, my heart rate just jumped to at least double what it should be.

Great news though! Will comment further when my blood pressure normalises.

Looking at pushing the 350 game bracket by the end of 2018!!
Gaz would be 34 by the end of that..
Nothing says he couldnt go around again..
Has stated before he wants to play as-long as his body lets him..
Saying few more years in the midfield then another handful at full forward.. Yes please gaz!!
Boomer harvey style.. Push towards 400 games and 200 with the Suns
Can deffinetly see another 2 brownlows coming atleast!
Boomer is, what, 36? He still dominates too.

Gazza, pending further injury, could definitely make it past 34 while continuing to dominate the younger blokes. He's a machine! So great to have him commit ending his career with the Suns, what a legend.

Great news, and an affirmation to Gary's long-standing case that it was never JUST about the money. He's chasing something here. This points the way, helps the cause, and potentially assists in getting a couple more mature players on board, and/or an assistant coach with something to offer. Good news all round.

Yeah i'd say the deals done but the Suns want to announce it at a combined press conference,
To confirm the re-signing of Gary Ablett and the appointment of mark thompson a senior coach.
image.jpg
Sorry couldn't resist

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, I still get excited when I see Gary in a Suns shirt or guernsey. To have that quality of player at such a new club is quite incredible, despite his being here for 4 years.

On a separate note, AFAIK, the afl.com.au website is independant from the corporation itself in that they hire journalists to report things regardless of 'fact' (see: Murdoch media for examples), while also releasing confirmed information or 'breaking' news as it comes out. So the Gary thing could very well just be speculation by a keen journo, or it could have been accidental.

tl;dr i'd marry gary

Seriously, I still get excited when I see Gary in a Suns shirt or guernsey. To have that quality of player at such a new club is quite incredible, despite his being here for 4 years.

On a separate note, AFAIK, the afl.com.au website is independant from the corporation itself in that they hire journalists to report things regardless of 'fact' (see: Murdoch media for examples), while also releasing confirmed information or 'breaking' news as it comes out. So the Gary thing could very well just be speculation by a keen journo, or it could have been accidental.

tl;dr i'd marry gary

Do you ever re-watch the interview of when he first got signed. Even he looked like a nervous kid. Looking back, even since then, he has grown so much

Hair has not changed though

I saw this to and every Geeelong person would be in his ear to say that he would of made the difference tonight

Also Caddy was excellent, i know i will cop it for this but in the furnace of AFL footy he has proven himself. developed more in a strong culture than some of ours maybe??????

I saw this to and every Geeelong person would be in his ear to say that he would of made the difference tonight

Also Caddy was excellent, i know i will cop it for this but in the furnace of AFL footy he has proven himself. developed more in a strong culture than some of ours maybe??????
Or he just got better with more games and experience under his belt, like the rest of our guys. ;)

His ability to get the hard ball and then hit a target was exceptional, almost the difference in the game
It was bruise free finals footy and he was left alone.
He will be ok there's no doubt, but anyone that says his heart wasn't in it despite that club drafting him at 7 and giving him a chance at AFL is just plain poor.
Let him finish his career with Geelong whose window is closing/closed and we'll continue with quality guys with the right attitude.
They got Caddy, we got Ablett and now pick 14.

It's an interesting one Iva. Question is would you swap Prestia, Jaeger, Martin, Bennell or KK with him?

It's an interesting one Iva. Question is would you swap Prestia, Jaeger, Martin, Bennell or KK with him?

I know you didn't ask me, but why would that be the question. He would absolutely be in our starting midfield if still at the club. The kid plays with hardness at the contests, everything we can sometimes lack. He plays like Zeibell, or Dangerfield in my opinion. We still haven't filled that hole that he left in our list.

Players you mentioned, the only one similar is Jaeger, and no I wouldn't swap him for Jaeger.

I worry we will end up recruiting Robinson because that tenacity and fearlessness at the contest is what we need, I just think Robinson is a s**t player

Interestingly, the original article has been edited from 'Bad luck Cats, Suns lock away Gazza' to 'Bad lucks Cats, Suns to lock away Gazza'. The URL is still the same though.

They're either covering their asses because they've leaked something they shouldn't have, or they got their facts wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back