News Gary Ablett contract news - At the Gold Coast until 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I read your thread and it inspired me to write about the interesting situation developing at GCS in relation to GAJ's next contract. See here.

I don't expect you to agree with everything said, but hope you enjoy the read nonetheless.

Cheers

footycraic

Interesting to hear perspectives from non-Suns supporters.

I personally am not nervous in the slightest. Gary will re-commit, it's just a matter of when, not if. Being a strong believing Christian, money wouldn't be his primary motivating factor. Money can't buy life and Gary would know that. However, in the 0.0001% chance he decides to go elsewhere, or retire due to "his arm being torn from the socket, never able to play again" :rolleyes:, then I think it is the other clubs who should be nervous, not us. Why? Because we've just freed up about $2,000,000 in salary cap space annually, more than enough to hang onto our young stars and then come hunting for a star player or two..or three :cool:

I'm pretty confident that Gary's re-signing announcement is going to be held until closer to the start of the new season in order to boost memberships. "Gary's signed. Have you?" kind of thing. Not too concerned, but I do find it strange that nothing has been announced yet.

Thanks. I agree - he'll probably sign. It's just a bit odd he hasn't already. Looking forward to see what happens.
I think it is smart, why sign when the team doesn't buy into the coaches game plan or before he is replaced. Now that's settled assuming Gaz is happy, negotiations will recommence

It's common knowledge that GA dreams of a homecoming to Geelong.
Will be interesting to see what transpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's common knowledge that GA dreams of a homecoming to Geelong.
Will be interesting to see what transpires.
That is NOT common knowledge. We may wish for it, Geelong fans that is, but Gary can see success around the corner, he is arguably the GOAT, and Captain, and nothing to gain by leaving GC now.
He can always come back HOME, but now very unlikely as a player.
What we hope for now is a father-son possibility, so pull your finger out Gary, as it were.

That is NOT common knowledge. We may wish for it, Geelong fans that is, but Gary can see success around the corner, he is arguably the GOAT, and Captain, and nothing to gain by leaving GC now.
He can always come back HOME, but now very unlikely as a player.
What we hope for now is a father-son possibility, so pull your finger out Gary, as it were.
Thing you have to remember about GA is that he will probably play in to his mid-30s. Even if he does take another contract at GCS, he still can return to Geelong after.
Might not be known to you, but to those close to him everyone knows he wishes to return to see out his career.
Might not happen but that's the truth of it and not that surprising at all really.

Thing you have to remember about GA is that he will probably play in to his mid-30s. Even if he does take another contract at GCS, he still can return to Geelong after.
Might not be known to you, but to those close to him everyone knows he wishes to return to see out his career.
Might not happen but that's the truth of it and not that surprising at all really.

Jeez you talk some s**t.

FA is not perpetual , and I doubt Geelong would have the collateral to trade for him , let alone the dollars to satisfy him. He is a Sun and I cant see that changing

Anyone who proclaims to never get something wrong is most definitely full of s**t. Your previous posting has shown how little you know about most things AFL
I know more than most people. I've got more history and inside knowledge than anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back