Rumour Gary Ablett might never play again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven't seen any of tonight's game. More of the same from last week?
pretty much. you can see it in the way he runs too. :s

he was actually standing the mark in our defensive 50 late in the game and he put both arms above his head (for like half a second)!
but seriously, he was shying away from the contests again. always floating around on the outside, avoiding contact. it's gonna take him a while to get mentally right.

I only seen a little bit of their game last week, but he looks done unfortunately :( 1 tackle in 2 games for someone like Gablett shows something is definitely wrong

I think its 99% psychological. He probably has to take a big hit there for him to realise he's fine to play without wincing or without risk.
He's taken some bloody big hits already. Both games he's gotten slung to the ground on that shoulder. I doubt it's psychological

Stupid from the club and Gary if he's still not fully healed.

Apparently it's fully healed but because of the type of injury/surgery the shoulder is just tight and prone to pain. Will be better in a couple of months

Countless players have gone through it. It's nothing special to gaz

I just think it's a bad decision to have him out there at the moment. He's pretty much the biggest one way midfielder in the competition at the moment. He's laid 1 tackle in 2 weeks. It just sends a bad message to the rest of the playing group.

The way he's playing is symptomatic of the rest of the team. There's no intent to bury their opponents into the deck when they have the ball and they just seem to be expecting that everything will fall their way when they get possession of the ball because they have the superior talent to make it happen. He's pretty much a liability out there with opposition players being able to breeze past him without having to worry about being tackled.

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 11.47.53 am.png

This is a still from a video [http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2015-04-13/favourite-suns-superheroes] posted on GC's website today where you can see at the 1:30 mark just how much his left arm has atrophied. After seeing that image I don't think he will be physically ready to get back to his best until next year.

you can see at the 1:30 mark just how much his left arm has atrophied.
Even the way he's positioned his left wrist is unnatural and pretty indicative of underuse. I did the exact same thing after I had my arm in a cast for 8 weeks, but his upper arm muscles are tiny compared with the right arm. Wow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wBe4W.png

I just think it's a bad decision to have him out there at the moment. He's pretty much the biggest one way midfielder in the competition at the moment. He's laid 1 tackle in 2 weeks. It just sends a bad message to the rest of the playing group.

The way he's playing is symptomatic of the rest of the team. There's no intent to bury their opponents into the deck when they have the ball and they just seem to be expecting that everything will fall their way when they get possession of the ball because they have the superior talent to make it happen. He's pretty much a liability out there with opposition players being able to breeze past him without having to worry about being tackled.

View attachment 124013

This is a still from a video [http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2015-04-13/favourite-suns-superheroes] posted on GC's website today where you can see at the 1:30 mark just how much his left arm has atrophied. After seeing that image I don't think he will be physically ready to get back to his best until next year.
wow... it's like a mirrored image or Rafa Nadals arms

Its one thing to play hurt, another altogether to play injured.

needs to get it closer to right… and it aint close by the looks of it...

GO Catters

But he's not injured

ok...

So what is the term used for a shoulder that has not recovered full ROM, and subsequently lacking largely in strength in several planes of movement thru the shoulder joint? Also a joint that is clearly favoured and protected when in game play.

Go Catters

It is totally irresponsible for a club to be playing Ablett with 1 arm anyway. Should rest till after the mid season break, maybe have a game or two in the reserves just to get a bit of match fitness and confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back