Status
Not open for further replies.

Akka76

All Australian
Suspended
Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/gangster-steve-kaya-gives-insiders-account-of-gangland-war-in-new-book/story-fni0fee2-1227546089598&memtype=anonymous
An insider’s account of the gangland war
GANGSTER and Mick Gatto mate Steve Kaya has admitted doping racehorses and making millions from illegal gambling.

KAYA ON HORSE DOPING

Some trainers also use growth hormones to help horses recover from injuries and then make them stronger and faster — it was an illegal activity but quite popular in the 1980s and 1990s.

I came across this when I read an article about a prominent female athlete who’d broken world records with the help of a growth hormone.
This particular hormone, IGF-1, was undetectable. It also repaired tissue quickly and reduced any pain barrier.
I thought, why can’t I use this on a horse? And where can I get it?

So I started searching and finally spoke to a company, which said it couldn’t sell any to me.

But I persisted and eventually they posted me a small glass jar of powder capable of producing 40 injections.

The powder was the size of a piece of cigarette ash and cost $4200. The next step was to find a vet who could administer the hormone.

I called a vet I knew, who still works in Melbourne, and showed him the glass jar.

“How the f … did you get this,” he said

“Don’t worry about where I got it. Can you make it work?”

He said OK.

We tried it on a couple of horses. They grew bigger and raced well.

My horses were not the only ones to benefit from growth hormones.

At one race meeting, Aziz listened to the conversation of one of Australia’s leading trainers, who still trains today.

He looked at our well-muscled horses and said: “They must be using what we’re using.”

keith.moor@news.com.au

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/gangster-steve-kaya-gives-insiders-account-of-gangland-war-in-new-book/story-fni0fee2-1227546089598&memtype=anonymous
An insider’s account of the gangland war
GANGSTER and Mick Gatto mate Steve Kaya has admitted doping racehorses and making millions from illegal gambling.

KAYA ON HORSE DOPING

Some trainers also use growth hormones to help horses recover from injuries and then make them stronger and faster — it was an illegal activity but quite popular in the 1980s and 1990s.

I came across this when I read an article about a prominent female athlete who’d broken world records with the help of a growth hormone.
This particular hormone, IGF-1, was undetectable. It also repaired tissue quickly and reduced any pain barrier.
I thought, why can’t I use this on a horse? And where can I get it?

So I started searching and finally spoke to a company, which said it couldn’t sell any to me.

But I persisted and eventually they posted me a small glass jar of powder capable of producing 40 injections.

The powder was the size of a piece of cigarette ash and cost $4200. The next step was to find a vet who could administer the hormone.

I called a vet I knew, who still works in Melbourne, and showed him the glass jar.

“How the f … did you get this,” he said

“Don’t worry about where I got it. Can you make it work?”

He said OK.

We tried it on a couple of horses. They grew bigger and raced well.

My horses were not the only ones to benefit from growth hormones.

At one race meeting, Aziz listened to the conversation of one of Australia’s leading trainers, who still trains today.

He looked at our well-muscled horses and said: “They must be using what we’re using.”

keith.moor@news.com.au
Very interesting. IGF-1 is in TB4 if I remember correctly?

Finding the truth is a valuable commodity mate, be lucky I’m not charging you.

internet-tough-guy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back