Society/Culture Gay marriage approved in the UK

Remove this Banner Ad

It's bloody difficult for gay people to become parents and generally requires a lot of effort, time and most of all commitment. It's not like having a quick, drunken knee trembler somewhere and nine months later out pops a sprog. I'm not saying all gay parents are great, but the effort needed for them to have a child generally means these people really want children and are genuinely prepared to sacrifice a lot for them.

Was amazingly actually doine by a Professor at a Texas institution. Try again.

Here are six peer reviewed articles that state the exact opposite:

http://journalistsresource.org/stud...marriage-children-well-being-research-roundup

Also:
Children raised by same-sex parents fare just as well in their education, emotional and social development as those raised by heterosexual parents, new research shows.

The report on same sex-parented families in Australia, commissioned by the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS), found "there is now strong evidence that same-sex-parented families constitute supportive environments in which to raise children''.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lif...or-children-20140201-31tuy.html#ixzz3GMabjxX9

Here is a ton more:

http://theconversation.com/au/topics/gay-marriage

Try again.

It's bloody difficult for gay people to become parents and generally requires a lot of effort, time and most of all commitment. It's not like having a quick, drunken knee trembler somewhere and nine months later out pops a sprog. I'm not saying all gay parents are great, but the effort to have a child generally means these people really want children and are genuinely prepared to sacrifice a lot for them.
But Gough if you read the report put up by mottrain the statistics are damning.

That's great. Do they disprove his comments? No. Do some also evaluate very small sample sizes yes. Do some make assumptions about factors which actually question their theory in an attempt to validate their theory? Yes.

Try again.

It's written by a bunch of conservative Christian types, do you honestly believe they were going to come to any other conclusion? If the starting point for your study is the homosexuality is a mortal sin it's hardly going to have a balanced outcome.
Its not actually or not the statistical part rather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I caught the bus to high school with a lad who was a year older then me and we were talking about teachers, he said Mr. So and So hates the word yahtzee, and being the young smart arse I was I lodged this in my memory banks for future reference. Some weeks later this guy is in charge of one of my classes and as the bell went I yelled "yahtzee". He stopped, froze, pointed at me and said "You wait". Everyone leaves the room and I'm left alone there with this guy whose eyes are bulging. "What did you say that for?" he asks me. I splutter some excuse, and he just exploded, grabbed me by the front of my shirt (I was 14) and said, "bullshit, you've been talking to so and so, and if you ever say that in my earshot again I'll kick the s**t out of you". To this day I don't know why he hated that word.

Seeing as this thread is going nowhere, a humourous interlude.

Seeing as this thread is going nowhere, a humourous interlude.
Haha, holy s**t.

Maybe he thought it was a different way of saying Nazi?

Or, as a child on xmas eve, his father -Yahtzee- ducked out to get smokes... and never came home...

That's great. Do they disprove his comments? No. Do some also evaluate very small sample sizes yes. Do some make assumptions about factors which actually question their theory in an attempt to validate their theory? Yes.

Try again.

What? I am now of the opinion that you do not understand the process of peer review or the notion of unbiased research. You refuse to even try to understand conflicting opinions.

There is no substantial evidence of harm being done to children raised in loving homosexual relationships, and there certainly is no grounds for State involvement in such relationships. The overwhelming majority of peer reviewed research into the topic indicates that children raised in such relationships grow up happy and loving and grounded just like they would if the relationship was heterosexual.

Would you support police storming a home and removing children from a loving lesbian couple?

No. You obviously dont. So quit it.

london_in_ruin_by_dark_spawn-d4vi6kv.jpg

The effect of gay marriage in the UK a mere 2 years on (in mottrain s head)

What? I am now of the opinion that you do not understand the process of peer review or the notion of unbiased research. You refuse to even try to understand conflicting opinions.

There is no substantial evidence of harm being done to children raised in loving homosexual relationships, and there certainly is no grounds for State involvement in such relationships. The overwhelming majority of peer reviewed research into the topic indicates that children raised in such relationships grow up happy and loving and grounded just like they would if the relationship was heterosexual.

Would you support police storming a home and removing children from a loving lesbian couple?

No. You obviously dont. So quit it.
Yes I do and also the article I quoted was peer reviewed even if it is posted on a source that you may massively disagree with . Bias also exists in peer reviewed research so you obviously don't understand this concept if you think otherwise.

Yes I do and also the article I quoted was peer reviewed even if it is posted on a source that you may massively disagree with . Bias also exists in peer reviewed research so you obviously don't understand this concept if you think otherwise.

You support police physically removing children from a loving lesbian couple?

Oh my.

It's bloody difficult for gay people to become parents and generally requires a lot of effort, time and most of all commitment. It's not like having a quick, drunken knee trembler somewhere and nine months later out pops a sprog. I'm not saying all gay parents are great, but the effort needed for them to have a child generally means these people really want children and are genuinely prepared to sacrifice a lot for them.

Yeah I assume it would be similar to those that can't fall pregnant naturally and need to use IVF i.e. a long and often complicated process. I don't have experience in either, but some close friends of my partner's family had to use IVF and it was (I think) 3 years of frustration and disappointment before she finally fell pregnant. As you alluded to, just falling pregnant showed the patience, perseverance and commitment they had towards starting a family - all important traits for parents.

Their daughter is nearly two now and you can see the affect that those years had on them - they don't take parenthood for granted and that girl is certainly going to grow up knowing that her parents love her. I would say homosexual parents would be similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back